• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMix Available For Preorder on Amazon!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The hard work put into 1.5's LE was appreciated (the people who got it together deserve praise), but they showed art in the trailers that didn't make it into the artbook. Most of what they did have was released over ten years ago meanwhile what they did show in the trailers were actually unreleased and it was disappointing to not get that unreleased art after teasing it.

Also considering how few pages there were in the LE, there is little incentive to open the game just to look at the art...especially since I can just open it on my computer at a higher resolution...

(Also making the 1.5 CG art a limited poster item was cruel in every way...also it is impossible to find the right poster tubes for them to mail)

Denne

I wonder when they have recorded all the english voices? i should be soon

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
The hard work put into 1.5's LE was appreciated (the people who got it together deserve praise), but they showed art in the trailers that didn't make it into the artbook. Most of what they did have was released over ten years ago meanwhile what they did show in the trailers were actually unreleased and it was disappointing to not get that unreleased art after teasing it.

Also considering how few pages there were in the LE, there is little incentive to open the game just to look at the art...especially since I can just open it on my computer at a higher resolution...

(Also making the 1.5 CG art a limited poster item was cruel in every way...also it is impossible to find the right poster tubes for them to mail)

I love the artbook for 1.5. The quality is excellent, but yeah the actual artwork isn't all that special. Assuming they do the same for 2.5 (since FF X/X-2 also got the exact same treatment as 1.5 did) I won't expect much amazing stuff from that either and will just love it because it's KH art regardless.

I'm still holding out for a KH anthology artbook. And I seriously hope Square reads my mind, makes a Hyrule Historia-esque book for KH and calls it "Jiminy's Journal". Cause that's just too good of an idea. I don't care if that costs $300 for some random silly reason. I'd pay out the ass for something like that.

Denne

I have a bad feeling that the game will be released in fall this year

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Who doesn't want it to release as soon as reasonably possible? But it isn't like there's anything we can do about it, so we'll have to live with it. Whether it's out in spring, summer, fall, or winter, it will release some time this year, as promised.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Now that LR FFX HD are released, I expect the marketing gears will start going full speed on 2.5 and FFXV soon.

if it releases in September, I'll be okay with that. It's only another 6 months and the last went by fast. But if it's not out yet come October 1st, I'll be disappointed.

But I wouldn't want the product to be rushed.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I love the artbook for 1.5. The quality is excellent, but yeah the actual artwork isn't all that special. Assuming they do the same for 2.5 (since FF X/X-2 also got the exact same treatment as 1.5 did) I won't expect much amazing stuff from that either and will just love it because it's KH art regardless.

I'm still holding out for a KH anthology artbook. And I seriously hope Square reads my mind, makes a Hyrule Historia-esque book for KH and calls it "Jiminy's Journal". Cause that's just too good of an idea. I don't care if that costs $300 for some random silly reason. I'd pay out the ass for something like that.

Honestly, this was something along the lines of what I initially expected for I.5 since the promos showed us what appeared to be a book the size of Hyrule Historia though assumedly not nearly as long. But whatever, I'm not going to complain about I.5's artbook since I did that way too much to begin with and I do at least appreciate the fact that they had something in there alongside a special letter from Nomura.

Now that LR FFX HD are released, I expect the marketing gears will start going full speed on 2.5 and FFXV soon.

if it releases in September, I'll be okay with that. It's only another 6 months and the last went by fast. But if it's not out yet come October 1st, I'll be disappointed.

But I wouldn't want the product to be rushed.

Agreed. There are way too many games that have been rushed to meet a specific deadline and have suffered on some level as a result. Games like Kingdom Hearts II had this problem since the game was unfinished to some degree (though in II's case, it was remedied with Final Mix) while others such as Bubsy 3D and Sonic '06 were affected so bad that the former killed its own franchise whilst the latter came very close to killing its franchise.

So in short, don't rush the game if the end result will not be worth it. I'm not saying that this is going to happen, mind you. Just something that was on my mind is all.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Why would you want an artbook again?

Please give me a Blu-ray soundtrack of all the remastered music of 1.5, 2.5 and DDD. I'll be happy

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Which probably won't happen until after both 1.5 and 2.5 are out so they can make people pay for it separately.

Plus, Square would never put 7 games' soundtracks on a single release, that would be too expensive - FF X HD costs $40 and that's for one game

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Wait, so this is $60? I mean I'll pay for it, it's still not a bad deal, but wasn't I.5 $40?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Nah, I believe it's just a placeholder price tag. The release date is still written as 31 December anyway, which I know is a placeholder date as well.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Why would you want an artbook again?

Please give me a Blu-ray soundtrack of all the remastered music of 1.5, 2.5 and DDD. I'll be happy

I like artbooks...

But anyway, a soundtrack would be awesome, but as already mentioned, they would probably wait for a bit until releasing it. IIRC, the first major collection wasn't released until after Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix + was already released; the next major collection wasn't released until after Days, Birth by Sleep, and Re:coded were already released. If they could pull it off, though, that would be amazing.

Denne

actually i dont think we will hear any news about the release for Kingdom Hearts 2.5 for a while perhaps in 2 months they will tell us the release date

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It's strange to me how they suddenly are incapable of promoting more than one title at a time.

Denne

i agree with you but perhaps in 2-3 months we get news about the release date

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm wondering a bit about this too.
Not only is 2014 supposed to be the year of KH HD 2.5, the second HD Remaster is also slated to top the first one in terms of quality and content (no surprise with the big package of two FMs actually), and yet they keep nearly absolutely quiet with no actual marketing and/or previews at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back