• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- Announced at D23 Expo Japan!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Vəntus;6088108 said:
The Keyblades in BBS, from what I remember, were 2.5D, as in, 2D textures, sometimes and 3D in some parts. It's mostly noticeable in Earthshaker when Terra faces the Symphony Master. So I think making proper Keyblade models is a given at this point.
Yes, most of them are really flat, probably to save polygons, but some of them are more 3-dimensional like the Crown Unlimit keyblade.

That wouldn't make much sense. Since there is a necessity this time *unlike 1, CoM and 2* to create better textures they might as well put PS3-res textures in the game. They are remaking the textures either way.
Not from the looks of this screenshot, but we'll see I guess. My theory is that they still have the original textures for BBS, as some of them were still on the disc in their original resolution (in the original Japanese release at least).

Gram

Banned
Awards
Here is a comparison of BBS running on an emulator compared to the screenshot from the 2.5 HD Remix.

BBSComparison_zpsd29ab547.png

No matter how many times I see these comparisons since yesterday, their still beautiful~

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Here is a comparison of BBS running on an emulator compared to the screenshot from the 2.5 HD Remix.

BBSComparison_zpsd29ab547.png

Hmm, the Emulator seems sharper, but the PS3 definitely has better detail, textures, lighting, etc. Plus, the emulator one seems flatter, Those laces on Aqua's armor still look a kajillion times better on PS3 by comparison. The background is also much smoother in the PS3 version. Keyblades look a little bit more natural too.

And seriously. Terra's shoulder. Those edges in the PSP version could poke an eye out.

majid25

Yeah I see what you mean. However on the emulator some lighting effects like shadows and depth of field aren't fully emulated so its missing a few details.

khandbz

ooh sweet jesus yess been waiting sooo long for this and kh3 coming out soon i am so gonna cry now

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I saw the AMAZON release date as December 31, 2014. Is that just an assumed date or was that date confirmed?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Vəntus;6088752 said:
Placeholder date. It's not that date from what Nomura is saying, he said it was too early when it was announced at E3 so I wouldn't take the 2014 date.
I think he was talking about 2.5 HD (since this is a thread about it's announcement).

But yeah, always assume anything December 31st is a placeholder.

Sora's Heart

Awards
Pardon my french but. YES,YES, YES!!!!!!! and it's coming in 2014! ^^ Wow Pokemon X, Duel Destinies, PLvsPW and 2.5 Remix! (I'll finally be able to play Birth by Sleep Woot!)I'm gonna have ALOT of games to tide me over until we get the big one! :D

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
everything looks so much cleaner! ...is it just me, or does Aqua look skinner??

No, she's not any thinner. It's just the better detail. It kinda tightens everything up. She's the same size, she just looks more solid since there's less of that blurry, pixely texture around her midsection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back