• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Release Date + Trailer!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Release Date + Trailer!

[video=youtube;Q55lmpBjiy8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q55lmpBjiy8[/video]

Here's the trailer with just the teaser at the end

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

I'm so preordering this! Can't believe they dubbed the KHII FM scenes. ;u; I can't wait to see the scene with Axel and Roxas on the tower together. AND OH MY GOSH! To play BBS with a PS3 controller will be like a dream come true for me. How I've longed for that to happen! AND FOR REAL! KHIII teaser at the end of the trailer! I can't wait! In development is the best news to get EVER! December release date isn't bad at all and works for me.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

It's actually quite smart on their part to drop this in December, though, since most major titles come out in October/November. As a smaller title, 1.5 was overshadowed by much larger titles such as FIFA 14 and GTA V. Based off history, they should get a lot more attention in the month of December, which is needed to attract newcomers to the series since that's Nomura's goal, especially with it being on a last-gen platform.
Plus, the benefits of the holiday shopping season.

Anyway, nice teaser at the end with the X(Chi) reference and the lovely Piano. I wonder who the voices are, though? But I love the upgraded textures in the Keyblade Graveyard, and the Final Mix scenes are being voiced! :D

December 2nd can't come fast enough! I need my KH2 fix! I'm like a junkie! It's been nearly two years since I last played 2FM.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

[video=youtube;Q55lmpBjiy8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q55lmpBjiy8[/video]

Here's the trailer with just the teaser at the end

I'm seriously hoping for some more info after this too. Don't get me wrong, I'm floored that KH3 is getting ANY e3 mention this year, but I hope we don't get this short little tease that raises so many questions and then we're left pacing our floors trying to decode it for months on end while Square mention nothing about KH3 for forever.

Although I vaguely reveal someone mentioning that KH3 will be at Comic-Con in July or something...

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar

Mmmm...pretty late. Attention is beginning to divert from last-gen and onto current-gen, even faster than last time. I think its sales will suffer for them taking so long. Lots of people will have sold their PS3s to upgrade to next gen by now. But oh well, I'll still buy it. Love me some FM.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It's only after Thanksgiving, enough time for pre orders and getting any 1.5 gameplay done.
I was worried because the last few weeks people were really hoping it won't be around the end of the year. Reading some of those posts made me uneasy ahaha.

Efflictim

cuck
Awards

I hope this isn't it for KH3 at E3 this year. We need new footage. It's been too long. Hopefully they put this out to get 2.5 out of the way and make more space for XV and KH3 at what I assume will be the Sony conference like last year, and they snuck the KH3 teaser in there to build hype for a much larger announcement at E3.

I was kind of hoping they'd do that in the first place, but given how those clips of DDD were attached to the KH 3 tease, I doubt it'll be included in 2.5. More than likely, DDD will e recapped before KH3, I presume. But I am TOTALLY up for being proved wrong.

I don't think Nintendo would allow it though. Given how they're losing a lot of money with the Wii U, they could benefit so much from people buying 3DS's and copies of DDD in preparation for KH3.

idk, I kinda think the ship has sailed on people purchasing a platform just to play DDD since you can find everything about the game on the internet. The only way I see them making money off of it is re-releasing it on Wii U (or the slim chance of PS3), or putting a recap in 2.5. Also, Nintendo has allowed them to use 358/2 Days and Re:coded in the collections, so I don't see why they wouldn't allow them to use DDD.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Lots of people already have sold their PS3s by now, TBF. And a lot of people are just buying PS3 now too, now that it's cheap. Plus, how much would an average HD collection make?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I hope this isn't it for KH3 at E3 this year. We need new footage. It's been too long. Hopefully they put this out to get 2.5 out of the way and make more space for XV and KH3 at what I assume will be the Sony conference like last year, and they snuck the KH3 teaser in there to build hype for a much larger announcement at E3.
Don't assume it will be at the Sony conference. Remember, it's going to Microsoft as well 8)

Efflictim

cuck
Awards

Plus, the benefits of the holiday shopping season.

If they do at least a decent job with the promotion, it should attract parents to purchase it for their children for Christmas since Kingdom Hearts is, first and foremost, a Disney title. That's why my mom gifted me with the first Kingdom Hearts all the way back in 2002. It'll also build interest in those to pick up 1.5 if they haven't done so already.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Yeah so this came out of nowhere, and its like midnight where I live and my mom is sleeping but I couldn't contain my excited screams :p Once for the scenes in Final Mix being voiced, and then more importantly for KH3 :p

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Don't assume it will be at the Sony conference. Remember, it's going to Microsoft as well 8)
oh yeah i guess i have to watch both confences i hope though the xbox fanboys boo it

Efflictim

cuck
Awards

lol obviously (which I'm happy about as an Xbox One owner), but KH is predominantly known as a PlayStation title and they had the chance to reveal Kingdom Hearts III to the public for the first time last year, so I think it's likely they'll keep that up. But, I would love to see Microsoft give its Xbox One release more attention as it's almost been non-existent up to this point from both Square and MS.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

KUr2GjO.png

AND HERE'S XEHANORT

ruDcNr4.png

AND HERE'S ERAQUS AGAIN

AND HERE IS A QUOTE TO HAVE THEM BOTH SHOWN AGAIN

nicely done! i love how they did that teaser and how the III is used. that is how you do a teaser

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

oh yeah i guess i have to watch both confences i hope though the xbox fanboys boo it

Eh, I think it was confirmed that they are focusing on making it for the PS4 and then just porting it over to the Xbox One, so I would be surprised if they cared enough to show anything at the Microsoft press conference.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

lol obviously (which I'm happy about as an Xbox One owner), but KH is predominantly known as a PlayStation title and they had the chance to reveal Kingdom Hearts III to the public for the first time last year, so I think it's likely they'll keep that up. But, I would love to see Microsoft give its Xbox One release more attention as it's almost been non-existent up to this point from both Square and MS.
Microsoft has been more active in these last few months with some Square Enix games. KHIII was shown at a Sony Conference, and Nomura spoke at a Conversation with Creators for the PS4.
Nomura even said that leading up to E3 last year, he didn't know what conference the game will be shown at until that day. It's highly possibly Microsoft will feel like it's their turn to showcase the game.

Eh, I think it was confirmed that they are focusing on making it for the PS4 and then just porting it over to the Xbox One, so I would be surprised if they cared enough to show anything at the Microsoft press conference.
They're making it on PC, then porting it to PS4 and Xbox One.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

If they do at least a decent job with the promotion, it should attract parents to purchase it for their children for Christmas since Kingdom Hearts is, first and foremost, a Disney title. That's why my mom gifted me with the first Kingdom Hearts all the way back in 2002. It'll also build interest in those to pick up 1.5 if they haven't done so already.
Right. I also got a couple of KH games for Christmas long ago in their respective years. There's also the fans that have enough patience to ask for the collection for Christmas, or at least a December Birthday, if they have one.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

If Microsoft pays SE enough then they could absolutely get dibs on showcasing it at E3. Afterall, they must have paid quite a bit to even get KH3 in the first place.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

There's a snippet of Mickey in the RoD. The scene from A Fragmentary Passage. A Fragmentary Passage is still in BBSFM. BBSv2 confirmed. pls

HOLY SHIT THOUGH THAT KH3 TEASER. It's the first thing that's actual plot content that isn't just a synopsis and oh my god I'm excited. Seems like we'll be seeing some flashbacks of Xehanort and Eraqus during their youth. I got a lot of questions about the dialog here.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

They're making it on PC, then porting it to PS4 and Xbox One.

Ah, you know that sounds right actually my bad :p

If Microsoft pays SE enough then they could absolutely get dibs on showcasing it at E3. Afterall, they must have paid quite a bit to even get KH3 in the first place.

That's true as well, and you know if Nomura said he didn't know which press conference it would be shown at till the last minute before then I guess there is definites yet...gah I guess I may have to watch the Microsoft conference after all :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back