• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Collection Edition Announced!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Articus

I would have to disagree on it being a minimal difference. People don't usually feel comfortable spending $100+ on an item they aren't going to be immediately receiving. That could have been $100 spent on something else that month. You may not have that money right at that moment, but know you will a few weeks from now but then the item might be sold out by that time.

The comfort of pre-ordering without being charged is what people prefer because they aren't going to be financially burdened by such a huge purchase. They have time to save money (if they need to), time to mull over the order without losing the chance to reserve the item, and there is no fear of being pushed into an impulse purchase due to the limited nature of the item.

I see what you mean, though.

You're right. I suppose the difference here is that it's a limited item, since you can still pre-order the regular game. It's a little sucky that they announced it so late, for those who do need to save up for it.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Skipping this. Want a consistent Bluray case w/ my 1.5. The pin is the goodie I want most. Can always buy the heartless plush separate. :)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The collector's edition will NOT be sold in Australia or New Zealand :(

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Wait Joey, So your telling me this is for the entire globe except Oceania?! Did Square clear up the confusion about Europe not just being France and the UK?

I don't know about all of Europe, but it is definitely not UK and France only anymore as Germany can get it (exclusively) via Amazon and I could pre-order it there without any problems.
Seeing that, I'd imagine that probably at least Italy and Spain may get it somehow as well since UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy are the "big five" in the EU. (Maybe our fellow forum members of these countries can give some insight on that?)
Countries like Austria, Netherlands, Belgium and Portugal most often can also get it easily from one of these five neighbours.

Only excluding Oceania though would be another certain dickish move, as one would think that Square would actually learn from the "shitstorms" they had the last two/three times they excluded a region entirely.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
Only excluding Oceania though would be another certain dickish move, as one would think that Square would actually learn from the "shitstorms" they had the last two/three times they excluded a region entirely.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up, I'm really not too bothered by the fact that it won't make it here for the sole reason that Shimomura's OST wasn't included and i'm sure that most people here picked 1.5 up as soon as they could. The plush, steel-book and art-book i'm a little sad about but at least i saved a bit of cash (Knowing what the price would be if it actually made it here).

Though even so, fans buy what they love regardless of price; It's like being at a party, looking at everyone else get cake and then not offered any. Makes you jealous right?

Cherryjuice

Aaaaand the CE is sold out at amazon.de. Looks like SE underestimated how popular this CE would be in Europe. It's a shame they won't release it in Oceania... I don't understand how SEs marketing works sometimes...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Aaaaand the CE is sold out at amazon.de. Looks like SE underestimated how popular this CE would be in Europe. It's a shame they won't release it in Oceania... I don't understand how SEs marketing works sometimes...

In this case, Disney has to give their approval (and provide the budget) and I wonder if this decision was made because of how much it would cost to bring in a CE like that to the region and SE and/or Disney not seeing any positive cost-benefits.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Though even so, fans buy what they love regardless of price; It's like being at a party, looking at everyone else get cake and then not offered any. Makes you jealous right?

Exactly, and since EU also got already shafted more than once I can pretty much fathom how many of the oceanian fans must feel right now.

In this case, Disney has to give their approval (and provide the budget) and I wonder if this decision was made because of how much it would cost to bring in a CE like that to the region and SE and/or Disney not seeing any positive cost-benefits.

So this means the constant complaining and being (rightfully) angry at Square is at least partly also to direct at Disney?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Apologies if this is off-topic, but I think I saw the new Nomura sketch on Tumblr a few weeks back. It might have been on the Japanese art book as well. Do you guys want me to post a link to it, I happen to stumble upon it again?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I was reading comments on another forum, and it appears that the collector edition will be available in Finland. An Finish website is selling it. I wish I had seen this sooner, since I pre-ordered the regular version of the game. Dang it! I should have opened my computer first, before going to the local video-game store. :( Ah well. I`ll just get the regular version, since I have already paid it.

Here is the website I`m talking about:Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX - Collector's Edition PS3-peli | Seikkailu- ja roolipelit | Pelit PS3 | Verkkokauppa.com

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Just preordered mine! Hopefully I can wrap up Re:CoM's platinum before the I get it.

Lol, that's exactly my issue with 1.5 as well as I'm still missing 12 trophies from Re: CoM.
Days and KH 1 FM are already dealt with and complete.

RoxasXIII

I don't know about the EU Store, but I just had to cancel my US order as it got caught in their anti-fraud catcher and they required proof I lived in the US (AusPost set up a place in America where you can buy parcels, it goes to them, and they ship it to Australia so I was using that).
Maybe shoot them an email saying you want a refund?

Australian here, was thinking of doing something similar. Went on eBay and they're all over twice the cost.
Do you know the name of the service that forwards parcels? How reliable are they? It's my first time doing something like this so I'm too sure what to expect.

Articus

I am getting anxious for this game/collection. I just finished everything I wanted to do in 1.5 remix and now I'm in that weird place of emptiness. :(

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Australian here, was thinking of doing something similar. Went on eBay and they're all over twice the cost.
Do you know the name of the service that forwards parcels? How reliable are they? It's my first time doing something like this so I'm too sure what to expect.
It's Auspost, however when I tried to order from the Square Enix store, it got caught in their filter and I have to prove I lived in the US which caused my order to be cancelled so that whole thing failed x_x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back