• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Collection Edition Announced!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I feel bad for that plush doll. It's going to get smacked around from who ever holds one of those toy keyblades.

Cherryjuice

Is it okay to be mad about the way, they are handling this in PAL-territories? This is such a great CE and I'd love to spend my money on this... but both shops don't ship to other territories, so theres absolutely no chance for me to get my hands on this. Why not sell this through a retailer that grants international shipping or why region lock the shop to begin with, when you're not going to make this available in all of your shops, SE?

Sorry, I don't mean to whine or ruin the mood. I'm just really disappointed right now and even feel a little offended. Congrats to everyone, who gets the chance to buy this. Such a nice Edition, really. Guess I was born in the wrong country... it's a shame. :/

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Aww, that lil' Shadow is so cute!
That collection looks sweet! And they included 1.5, which surprised me a little. *sigh* Why do awesome things only pop up when I don't have money?!

Kenzichi

Hope I can cancel my Gamestop pre order. I AM GETTING THIS.

I also wish 1.5 wasn't there, but it's fine. I think the price is pretty good for all these goodies.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I want this, I really really do. This is an amazing Collector's edition. BUT! I already own the 1.5 limited edition, and I won a free copy of 2.5 during the KHI posting contest, so it just seems kind of silly to pay 100 bucks for a plush and an artbook when I essentially own everything else included. The steelbook is cool, but again, not worth $100 in my situation...

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Is it bad that I didn't even look at the contents of the collector's edition before rushing to the SE site and pre ordering it? This is amazing news. I'm also really glad that the UK can get it too, not to mention they announced it at the same time as the US collector's edition, unlike what they usually do. I feel sorry for the rest of the Europeans who can't get it in their country though.

Nope, cause I did the same thing. Cancelled my amazon preorder too. Best news I've heard in a long time

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I want this, I really really do. This is an amazing Collector's edition. BUT! I already own the 1.5 limited edition, and I won a free copy of 2.5 during the KHI posting contest, so it just seems kind of silly to pay 100 bucks for a plush and an artbook when I essentially own everything else included. The steelbook is cool, but again, not worth $100 in my situation...

I'm right there with you, man. But my best friend adores KH and doesn't own any of the first ReMix and can't afford the 2nd one anytime soon. I plan on giving them to her if I can get this on Friday. I'm more than happy to give her my prize mixed in with the Christmas I've already got planned!

riku0147

Awards
I think I'd rather get the soundtrack and the limited edition instead of this. I mean, the plushy is nice, but since I got the limited edition 1.5 ReMIX, it's a little silly to get another copy. Plus, the remixed soundtrack is so good ;-;

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
Yeah I would go for this but the deal breaker is lack of soundtrack. God I just ordered the LE so of course this would happen! I still want this but $100 is steep when all I really care about is the 2.5 game and artbook. Also I just ordered Young Justice so I really need to stop spending money for a while.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Yeah I would go for this but the deal breaker is lack of soundtrack. God I just ordered the LE so of course this would happen! I still want this but $100 is steep when all I really care about is the 2.5 game and artbook. Also I just ordered Young Justice so I really need to stop spending money for a while.

I would give up my pin for either the artbook or the soundtrack haha. But still, I'm very happy they came out with a nice Collector's Edition for those that wanted it, especially for people who don't already have 1.5.

@Chibi: and that's a good idea, your copies wouldn't go to waste at least

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
This is a very good price for all these things, and I would love to get it and support this...but the Shadow plushie, one of the bigger selling points I'd say, is something I actually already have :p If they had swapped the Shadow one with the Dusk one then I would almost definitely get it because the Dusk one sold out before I could get it.

But yeah I just can't rationalize forking that much money over right now when I already have some of the stuff in it, especially when 2 of like the 3 things I don't have I can get for less than half the price with the limited edition.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
I mean, if they ported this exact thing to PS4 I would buy it in a heartbeat. The box looks awesome but when you already have or don't care about most of the stuff inside then you're just sitting there thinking you really want it but you also don't want it. It's a weird feeling.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Eh...way to expensive for what's inside.

1.5 retails at $20
2.5 retails at $40
Shadow Plush retails at $30-40 depending on where you go
Steelbook probably has a value of $10-15
Artbook probably valued at $10-15

It's not that much of a deal but you are getting more for $100 than you would if you bought 1.5, 2.5, and that plush by itself (which are $90-100 total on their own)

But if you don't care about that stuff, of course it has no value.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I think its an amazing deal compared to other video game deals. coughORAScough200potionscough. Sorry allergies.

I'm actually considering to buy it, but I've heard bad reviews for the distributor. I really want to play the game on release day.

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com
Ordered the CE! I'm so excited for this. Only... now I will have three 1.5 copies... Don't know what I'm going to do with the other two now lol. I'm sure I can find two friends who might be interested.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I think its an amazing deal compared to other video game deals. coughORAScough200potionscough. Sorry allergies.

I'm actually considering to buy it, but I've heard bad reviews for the distributor. I really want to play the game on release day.

Were those stories you heard about Digital River? The service they're using this time is PepitaStore Inc.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I just want the artbook since I have the plush and 1.5. ;~; Must think about this, sobbu.

This is a pretty amazing collection. For anyone who doesn't already have the Shadow plush or 1.5, they should jump on this right now because the price is definitely right for all that you're getting.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
o_O Am I seeing things correctly? A really nice CE for KH in the US? Amazing!
It's a good deal but I'm not sure I want to spend $100 right now. :/ If only we could take down the price by not getting 1.5 since I have the LE of it. I need some time to think! I'll make my decision by Friday so hopefully it'll still be available then.
To help my decision I need to ask anyone who has bought from the SE online store before, how reliable is it? And do the games usually arrive on release day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back