• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- Promotional Media

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

You may have seen the first promotional image released early tonight in the HD comparion thread, however it appears that there are more promotional images of Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- to come!

The Kingdom Hearts Official Twitter has released a few promotional media images tonight, and there is surely more to come! We will keep you updated as more images come. To view the images already released, click [READ MORE]

Source: Kingdom Hearts Twitter

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
My facial expression right now mirrors this:
sorasmile.gif

Square did such a neat work with this. ^__^

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
On the twitter (see here for English) they say that the development staff worked hard on the stained glass in particular, and I remember the art director Takeshi Fujimoto mentioning a similar thing back in a Famitsu article:

Fujimoto: In the beginning, the stained glass floors depicting princesses, or 'stations of awakening', in the opening of KH were retouched to such a high resolution that they'd have been fit for use in print media. However, as we added data we went over the memory limit, and sadly had to compress the texture size. Still, as you may expect, the compressed texture was unsatisfying compared to what we had become used to, and many people said things like 'it was better before' and 'isn't there anything we can do', and we ended up testing out many things. And then finally thanks to the magic of (Sumio) Nasu we were able to put a beautiful texture into the game.
YOUR WORK PAID OFF MR FUJIMOTO

axel95

Awards
That stained glass picture made me want to kiss my computer screen! The dev team did a GREAT job with that and this game!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL OMFG ;A;

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
The stained glass parts really do look perfect! I think those stained glass images should be used more imo Whether that means putting them on shirts, as pins, or anything, they really should utilize those images, they are amazing!!!!

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Man it looks gorgeous! Makes me wanna slap haters in the face with it just to see how much attention from the team it's gotten.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I like how they're using bullshots for their HD collection....as if what we see on our TV is going to have anywhere near the level of anti-aliasing they use in their shots lol.
Well... yeah. I don't think anyone actually expected these to be an accurate representation. There was a reason I didn't call them "screenshots" :p

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I like how they're using bullshots for their HD collection....as if what we see on our TV is going to have anywhere near the level of anti-aliasing they use in their shots lol.

Pretty certain these are purposefully super high-res. They said in their tweets that these were things the staff worked hard on and in interviews they said that this stuff had to be compressed for the actual game. They are just showing off the actual quality they had since this stuff can't really be shown off in the actual game.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Actually, I thought that they were largely referring to the original game, and that the current compression is closer to what they wanted(even though its completely redone)

Well... yeah. I don't think anyone actually expected these to be an accurate representation. There was a reason I didn't call them "screenshots" :p
To be fair, I did. :/

its not exactly like the ps3 isn't capable of that quality, unless somehow there's a set limit on textures, which I feel would be bizarre anyway as this part in particular doesn't have a huge amount to render.

Kevin Perez

Wow. Just wow. The PS2 version sucks so much ass compared to 1.5 HD Remix, and no, I will not take my harsh words back. From this point on, I shall continue to slander and disparage the PS2 version of Kingdom Hearts, no matter what. In fact, they should not even be mentioned in the same sentence, just like I did now.

Long live Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Wow. Just wow. The PS2 version sucks so much ass compared to 1.5 HD Remix, and no, I will not take my harsh words back. From this point on, I shall continue to slander and disparage the PS2 version of Kingdom Hearts, no matter what. In fact, they should not even be mentioned in the same sentence, just like I did now.

Long live Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix

They really outdid themselves with this HD remaster and Yoko is like a superwoman for recording so many wonderful tracks in one day lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back