• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- PAX East 2013 Impressions!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

PAX East 2013 has officially begun, and yesterday fans around the world were treated to the very first English trailer for KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- slated for release Fall 2013 for North America and Europe. Besides the trailer that is playing on the showfloor, it appears there is an early build of the localized version of KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- at PAX East showing off a bit of Atlantica in KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX!

Operation Rainfall, a website made to campaign and promote the localization of underappreciated games, was able to view this early build of the game and has provided their impressions of KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- on their site. Below is a snippet of their impressions. Note that they were not able to play the game themselves and were only able to watch a localization represntative play it. 

Led by the one of the game’s localization staff we were able to view a demo of Atlantica. It’s an early build so nothing is final yet, but the obvious improvement includes a game entirely in HD. Everything is crisp and looks great on an HDTV. New camera controls are featured to make it easier to look around, and I think people are going to have fun playing a game that came out eleven years ago with a makeover. It was hard to tell if the audio has been touched up or not, but the English voices sound just as good as they did years ago.

New England Gamer was also given the chance to check out the early build of the game at PAX East, praising the amazing graphics of KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX in HD. 

We were shown a section from The Little Mermaid area of the game. The first thing you notice instantly is how great the game looks. There’s a ton of HD remakes being released on the PS3, but due to its animated style and dedication, the game really shines through and looks brand new. It’s definitely one of the better HD remakes I’ve seen. 

The popular game news site Destructoid has also weighed in on the early build of KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- at PAX East, noting that the build was not very stable which explains the hand-off preview of the HD Remaster. 

Camera controls have been modernized, eschewing trigger inputs of old in favor of a more modern thumbstick setup. It's a subtle enhancement, but removing the clunky camera and trading it for something more fluid is definitely a welcome improvement. Similarly, context sensitive controls have replaced some of the scrolling menus, making this remastered package seem slightly less dated than the originals. These aren't substantial changes, but it's nice to see Square giving attention to detail when they could have easily re-released these games without making the effort.

We will provide more impressions as they come in.

Thanks to TepidShark for providing the tip!

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Xion's theme music never fails to get to me. :(

TepidShark

Awards
I am not surprised it is at PAX East, 3D was at PAX East last year (at the last minute too if I recall correctly).

Update: Kingdom Hearts HD is going to be on Square Enix's livestream at some point.

Last edited:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I hope when it does come on the livestream I'm either watching it or somebody records it haha >_< I have it on right now, let's hope they show it soon :)

Last edited:

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Confirmation of no redub officially makes this the best HD collection ever. I was so pessimistic that they would go and mess something up. I'm just glad that Billy Zane and David Boreanaz will return in glorious HD.

SmilingMuse35

The new trailer for "Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix" is amazing :redface: Releasing it at PAX East 2013 was a great decision, in my opinion. :smile:

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
<p>PAX East 2013 has officially begun, and yesterday fans around the world were treated to the very <a href="http://khinsider.com/news/KINGDOM-HEARTS-HD-1-5-ReMIX-Trailer-at-PAX-East-3222">first English trailer for <em>KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX-</em></a> slated for release Fall 2013 for North America and Europe. Besides the trailer that is playing on the showfloor, it appears there is an early build of the localized version of <em>KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX-</em> at PAX East!</p>
<p><a href="http://operationrainfall.com/">Operation Rainfall</a>, a website made to campaign and promote the localization of underappreciated games, was able to view this early build of the game and has <a href="http://operationrainfall.com/kingdom-hearts-hd-1-5-remix-english-premiere/">provided their impressions of <em>KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX-</em> on their site</a>. Below is a snippet of their impressions. Note that they were not able to play the game themselves and were only able to watch a localization represntative play it.

So dumb of them it's a freaking 10 year old game with the JAP REGION FREE version now available to play. Get your crap together SE

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Geez calm down.
Robert Peeler, community manager for SE has said that there was something happening so they had to push the game back to fall. They're not doing it just for fun. If you really want to play it, feel free to import. Otherwise do what everyone else seems capable of doing and wait.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So dumb of them it's a freaking 10 year old game with the JAP REGION FREE version now available to play. Get your crap together SE

It's mainly because the localization staff know where things aren't completed and where things are. Considering it is an early build they probably had a lot of stuff not even inputed and why let somebody play something that isn't even complete? Be glad they have a piece of the localized version to show to fans at PAX.

Kevin Perez

You should also JPN instead of JAP whenever abbreviating Japanese, specifically the language. The later way it's written is rather nasty and outdated racial slur.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Really cuz all the time i used it I never o ce considered it a racial slur nor did I get an offended reaction.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
You should also JPN instead of JAP whenever abbreviating Japanese, specifically the language. The later way it's written is rather nasty and outdated racial slur.

Times have changed an so has society. You don't need to go around and tell people this, it was obviously not used in an offensive manner and no one is offended. I realize you're only trying to help, but making a big deal out of something that doesn't need to be addressed comes off as a cry for attention

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
My reaction?

Al-bundy-ed-oneill-animated-gif-2.gif

Seriously though, I'm excited!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I don't think so considering nobody on KHi has mentioned it yet, but has 1.5 been shown off in the stream?

Not yet. They've recorded some gameplay of it but haven't been able to actually stream it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back