• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- NA Launch Trailer at PAX East!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Watch the trailer guys. It'll make you feel better.

Sorarocks93

Awards
That's a pretty cool article, I never thought of looking at the voice acting that way

Oh well, ever since I heard the Japanese I like it better. HJO is awesome, but he can't make the entire game for me.

It's kinda selfish of them to keep the English Voices on the Japanese version of 1.5 while not giving the English version JPN voice overs.

Yeah, go ahead and call me obsessed.... :3

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Oh well, ever since I heard the Japanese I like it better. HJO is awesome, but he can't make the entire game for me.

It's kinda selfish of them to keep the English Voices on the Japanese version of 1.5 while not giving the English version JPN voice overs.

Yeah, go ahead and call me obsessed.... :3

They didn't though. All the reports that stated there would be dual audio in 1.5 were mistranslations. Right from the beginning, they had clarified the English audio from the original Final Mix would be changed back to Japanese for its release.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Ironcially about the voice acting, Kotaku JUST posted an article today about how the writer much prefers English voices to the Japanese ones (he realized it during his playthrough of KH1.5 in Japanese)

Playing Kingdom Hearts in Japanese is Just Kinda...Different

Hmm for me, it's English for KH1 and Japanese for ReCoM. The English dub was extremely fantastic. The lines were more memorable and Simple and Clean is just more sassier.

Sorarocks93

Awards
They didn't though. All the reports that stated there would be dual audio in 1.5 were mistranslations. Right from the beginning, they had clarified the English audio from the original Final Mix would be changed back to Japanese for its release.

Oh so they removed it? Damn!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Glad you're feeling better!

So how about that trailer? Nostalgia punch, right there.

I do find it odd how since 3D, the debut trailer is always just the Japanese trailer overlain with English audio. Weird. Guess everyone's been super busy lately!

The little changes for Days from the original script are really interesting.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I do find it odd how since 3D, the debut trailer is always just the Japanese trailer overlain with English audio. Weird. Guess everyone's been super busy lately!
I guess it gives them more time to actually work on the game? Send off some sound bytes to 2 people who just place it into the game and done. No chopping bits of the game up, editing them together etc.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Complete agree. However, I would prefer it this way if it meant they were doing actual work on the game in order for it to be at its very best

NamineXion

Why are there lines through people's names

I just realised I am not the only one...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Aren't the trailers put together by the folks at SENA?

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Glad you're feeling better!

So how about that trailer? Nostalgia punch, right there.

The little changes for Days from the original script are really interesting.

Yeah lol hopefully they add in the English text soon.

Why are there lines through people's names

I just realised I am not the only one...

Welcome to the forums NamineXion! The lines through people's usernames means that they've been banned but most of the bans are bots that have been spamming our forums. We try our best to clean/get rid of them.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Exactly why I would prefer them to just paste over the Japanese trailers and focus on completing the game first.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Exactly why I would prefer them to just paste over the Japanese trailers and focus on completing the game first.

But the people making the trailers are usually different from the people doing the programming and stuff. They usually give the people making the trailers footage to use.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
But the people making the trailers are usually different from the people doing the programming and stuff. They usually give the people making the trailers footage to use.
I know and I said that before. Instead of getting them to chop up the game so they can have footage to use, they only have the sound people send over some voices for the trailer.
And with such an early build of the game as this, it certainly wouldn't have been a good decision.

siegleeagle

It took Sora, Donald, and Goofy like 20-ish days to get to Castle Oblivion. (22 days after Roxas is in existence the Org members are ordered to go to Castle Oblivion, and Sora arrives about the same time they do, and everything from when Sora became a Heartless to the ending of KH1 probably took place in less than a few days.) A voice can drop in 20 days.

Yes voices can drop in around 20 days, however the ending scene of KH1 has Sora, Donald, and Goofy already in that grassy world where they stumble upon CO. (you know the scene right before sora comes to the cross roads at night) So does that mean his voice dropped in like at most a week or did they walk around that world for 20 days (almost a month) before stumbling on castle oblivion?

Xagzan

Awards
Woohoo! Just saw a video of the Xemnas fight from the Japanese version, looks like they didn't add a voice. Hope it stays that way this fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back