• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- NA Launch Trailer at PAX East!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Lol they don't have my number either. I was in chat with them for an hour before I found out by accident.
Lucky I found it then because right after watching it I had to leave the house and wouldn't have seen it until Sunday night.

Hey, Joey! Look! The English trailer for Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX!

Kevin Perez

I don't know maybe its just the trailer like someone said before. I felt like they just pasted one thing over another. Especially the Leon part was ugh....
I actually agree with this possible scenario because there was a English fandub of the original Japanese trailer that took the same lines in English and it sounded EXACTLY like the NA launch trailer, in others, pretty crappy.

Falconxcrunner09

I am actually most excited to play/watch 358/2 days. Its going to be awesome to just be able to watch the entire thing in one sitting in glorious HD. The Axel, Xion, and Roxas relationship during the game is one of my favorite moments in the series.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I think a big thing most people are ignoring when saying the japanese voices may be inferior is, the comparison is mostly made between the Disney characters...who are quintessentially american cultural creations. Obviously they are not going to sound as good in japanese, that is really just a given, especially when most of the Disney characters are voiced by their original actors, who are usually celebrities or voice actors with tons of experience, whereas Japan probably doesn't "understand" the characters as well and a lot of what made the characters work in the original language will simply be lost. So if you want to compare them it isn't going to stack up favorably 99% of the time, like when a japanese show is dubbed into english. Speaking of which....

Sora, Kairi, and Riku, and all the original characters are all pretty much japanese, so in some cases the voices fit just as well or better than the english VA's. The one I remember that really bothered me was Norio Wakamoto as Xemnas. He's an amazing seiyuu who's voiced a ton of iconic characters, he is pretty much THE villain voice in japan, especially hammy ones, which sounds good on paper, but in my opinion his voice is just way too deep a voice for Xemnas. It sounds wrong.

Lenneth

Awards
2:08 >>OMG!! I love you Axel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just love Jessy as Roxas!! I mean...I love Roxas too....There're too many guys to love in Kh franchise!! LoL

Anyways, It's Alyston making Xion's voice isn't?!

wii.red24

Originally posted by Sign

{Or you can just play the scene and walk away to do something else for the next 3 hours!}

Not if you're hardcore like me : )

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Looking forward to seeing the English gameplay they'll record later at PAX~

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Finally got home and added subtitles to the video.

Looking forward to PAX!

akaierik

Flippin awesome. Now I just need a PS3.

Also, Roxas voice sounds significantly deeper, no?

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I think a big thing most people are ignoring when saying the japanese voices may be inferior is, the comparison is mostly made between the Disney characters...who are quintessentially american cultural creations. Obviously they are not going to sound as good in japanese, that is really just a given, especially when most of the Disney characters are voiced by their original actors, who are usually celebrities or voice actors with tons of experience, whereas Japan probably doesn't "understand" the characters as well and a lot of what made the characters work in the original language will simply be lost. So if you want to compare them it isn't going to stack up favorably 99% of the time, like when a japanese show is dubbed into english. Speaking of which....

Sora, Kairi, and Riku, and all the original characters are all pretty much japanese, so in some cases the voices fit just as well or better than the english VA's. The one I remember that really bothered me was Norio Wakamoto as Xemnas. He's an amazing seiyuu who's voiced a ton of iconic characters, he is pretty much THE villain voice in japan, especially hammy ones, which sounds good on paper, but in my opinion his voice is just way too deep a voice for Xemnas. It sounds wrong.

Thing is that it's not just the Disney characters. Even hearing SRK in Japanese from KH1 felt weird. They did not sound like they should at all. Granted, Aerith's voice was terrible in KH2 and Cid's was the generic cowboy stereotypical voice, but other than that I overall feel the English and Japanese voices for Final Fantasy characters are on par with each other.

In fact, I started playing Birth by Sleep again after a year and a half of not playing it. And I was surprised at how good some of the voice acting actually is because I remember the community mostly hating them during the earlier trailers. But then I started playing the Japanese copy and I truly felt that the English dub was much better.

And KH3D is the first Kingdom Hearts game since KH1 and COM that I have successfully managed to stay spoiler free until the American release. So I haven't heard any Japanese dub aside from the trailers. When I played KH3D, I thought it was the best vocal performance Kingdom Hearts has ever had. And then I saw some cutscenes in the Japanese dub and I'm like... "they're saying all of their lines the exact same way."

So if I'm to be totally honest, I personally much prefer the English dub over the Japanese dub in the games. I feel like when I'm listening to the Japanese dub that I'm just hearing the same recorded lines from the previous games. Not to try and sound offensive, but acting-wise it's like the actors have a template of different basic emotions and they just switch to said basic emotions depending on the scene. It's almost robotic to be honest. The only real reason I think there's such a big group who think otherwise is because the Japanese trailer are the first voices they hear and thus anything that sounds different they will label as bad.

But hey, that's just my opinion :p

sonickenshin

Awards

Being Japanese does play a part on it, buuuut, I think for Sora, Kairi and Riku they have such ordinary voices that it really comes to the voice actors' acting skills, and how much the voice directing team understand it. And the people they chose for the English version aren't exactly experienced voice actors, and the Japanese Sora, Kairi, Riku trio...already have experience on their belt by the time KH started and they continued to work on their craft. ...and I think that's why they're so much better at the characters than their English counterparts. For the Disney voices, yeah, definitely, there's some really unusual voices that only sound good in certain languages (though again, it could actually be the person doing the voice is kind of off the mark somehow).

With that said personally, I think Norio Wakamoto's Xemnas rocks and so does Paul St Peter's.

As for my thoughts on the trailer...I dunno, I think Xion's acting is actually pretty good. She sounds a lot older than I remembered, though. I hope they redub her old lines. Jesse McCartney has gone a LONG way. He's really good now. Quinton Flynn's great, too. The scripting is a smidge awkward though.

guybrushgurl

I am so excited I can't even put it into words! The only thing better than this would be KH3, but I am just ecstatic that they've got another KH game at all! This is my absolutely favorite game series of all time and I will take ANYTHING KH has to offer! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Yeah, I know, I'm a little obsessed.)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I wonder if we will get KH3 or another spin-off game first.

There's a chance we may get KHχ, but asides from that then it seems like we're pretty set on course for KHIII (asides from 2.5 of course).

FFxStrife

I wonder if we will get KH3 or another spin-off game first.

After 3D's and BBS FM's secret endings...

I bet we'll have Birth by Sleep vol. 2 with Kairi and Aqua as playable characters. Kairi learning how to Keyblade wield properly and Aqua exploring dem worlds in darkness. Meanwhile Sora completing his exam that he didn't yet. Vita title probably.

Last edited:

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
After 3D's and BBS FM's secret endings, I bet we'll have Birth by Sleep vol. 2 with Kairi and Aqua as playable characters. Kairi learning how to Keyblade wild properly and Aqua exploring dem worlds in darkness. Meanwhile Sora completing his exam to also pass the exam he didn't yet. Vita title probably.

That's nice, but Nomura has pretty much shot down both scenarios.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
After 3D's and BBS FM's secret endings, I bet we'll have Birth by Sleep vol. 2 with Kairi and Aqua as playable characters. Kairi learning how to Keyblade wield properly and Aqua exploring dem worlds in darkness. Meanwhile Sora completing his exam that he didn't yet. Vita title probably.

EDIT: Don't know if it's spoiler, just to be sure.

(in the dark color layout you can see that perfectly lol)

To spoiler tag we have two ways to do it:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back