• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- NA Launch Trailer at PAX East!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
It was probably a contract thing for DDD. My guess would be Hayden's contract for the KH series says basically they have to hire her for a project every x number of years or she gets out of the contract, so it may have been a quick hire to make sure they still had her under contract when Kairi has a big role coming up in the future.
I'd say it's more likely that Hayden couldn't voice Xion because she's working on a television series right now. While she was easily able to get into the studio to record one or two lines for DDD and BBS, she was missing for Re:CoM because she was working on Heroes and I imagine that there were likely studio time conflicts.

TepidShark

Awards
I think it is more that she already did the DS version and they maybe maintained had high quality versions of that stuff so they had her just do the new stuff rather than re-record everything with Hayden.

Sorarocks93

Awards
Oh man, now that I've listened to the Japanese VA's I don't like the English ones at all. I don't understand what did the Japanese liked so much about them that they actually included them in the Final Mixes.

I wished there was a Japanese voice option... Atleast I hope they do it for 2.5. Aqua in English is good but the Japanese VA is way better IMO.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I think it is more that she already did the DS version and they maybe maintained had high quality versions of that stuff so they had her just do the new stuff rather than re-record everything with Hayden.
I thought all of Days was/is re-recorded.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh man, now that I've listened to the Japanese VA's I don't like the English ones at all. I don't understand what did the Japanese liked so much about them that they actually included them in the Final Mixes.

I wished there was a Japanese voice option... Atleast I hope they do it for 2.5. Aqua in English is good but the Japanese VA is way better IMO.

xD The Japanese voices are charming and perfect, but I think the Japanese like the English for the same reason we like the Japanese xD

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
now this takes me back
will there be a demo at pax?

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I don't understand how you like the Japanese voices so much.
Seriously, I was watching Cyberman65's playthrough of KH1.5 and I was HORRIFIED at how bad the Japanese voice acting was. It does not match up to the quality of the English dub. The biggest example so far is the Queen of Hearts. She sounds way too freakin' calm in the Japanese dub.

now this takes me back
will there be a demo at pax?

Doubt it. If the trailer still shows Japanese text during gameplay, I doubt that they'd have an English ready demo up.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I think it's mostly when you compare the trailers that the voice acting seems better in Japan. The trailers are made originally for the Japanese version of the games and so they take the lines that sound very well done in the Japanese versions and use them in the trailer. Unfortunately, if that scene is not as good in the English version (in this trailer, most notably Leon), it's still thrown into the English trailer instead of them opting out for different lines.

okay now i must say:

dayslipsyncing1080pnostalgiabillyzanedaysvoiceactingisgreatsomuchnostalgiadidimenation1080pfinalmixmmmmm

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Hey David Boreanaz probably just didn't try very hard!

TearOfLight

Simply wonderful, indeed!
It was just everything that came up, kinda~
Lovely trailer :)
--> though I have to admit that I do not find it more
spectacular than the "older" versions; I guess that'll change
soon enough ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back