• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- is now one of PS3's Greatest Hits

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Well deserved really! T. Has been tracking extremely well. I am curious how much 2.5 will sell. Based on hype and momentum it should be more.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
2.5 is a collection with better games with funner gameplay. I'd be surprised if it doesn't make Greatest Hits status.

It's all still better than the ugly yellow we get here in Europe :D
Better than the PSP Essentials.

1309181927_main_Monster_Hunter_Freedom_Unite_PSP_Essentials.jpg

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I don't think 2.5 has better games, but I think it'll sell more because KH2 and BbS are more recent games with nicer graphics.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I don't think 2.5 has better games, but I think it'll sell more because KH2 and BbS are more recent games with nicer graphics.

See, I was wondering about this myself. Yes, they have better graphics, but they're also more recent, so less people will have need of copies, whereas 1.5 had Re:CoM, which was scarce in NA and absent in Europe, and KH1, which some folks might have never played, or could easily have misplaced or sold over the course of ten years.

Could go either way, could go both ways and even out.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
See, I was wondering about this myself. Yes, they have better graphics, but they're also more recent, so less people will have need of copies, whereas 1.5 had Re:CoM, which was scarce in NA and absent in Europe, and KH1, which some folks might have never played, or could easily have misplaced or sold over the course of ten years.

Could go either way, could go both ways and even out.

Most people will have sold both their copies of KH2 and BBS by now, and BBS was also released when the PSP was already failing in the west.

Personally, I don't doubt that 2.5 will be the more successful of the two, especially when its two playable titles are often regarded as the very best in the series.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I don't think there should be any doubt towards 2.5 making the Greatest Hits, nor it outselling 1.5. For the casual fanbade that has pretty much been out of the loop/waiting only for KH3, I'm sure they'll be buying this one because it has KH2.

Besides, while I know it is debatable, I think 2.5 is the better of the collections. 2FM is practically like a whole new game conpared to the original, BbS is one of the bigger fan favorites (and FM allows you to beat up Monstro, which is everybody's dream), and Re:coded is going to be an actual movie, unlike Days. Although I still wish it had been redone for the Remaster as a game buttt I can live with it as a movie.

I mean, if Mirage Arena still retained multiplayer, I'm sure that would have probably caused fir bigger sales, but alas that is not the case. Still, compared to 2.5, 1.5 isn't as glorious (although it's still amazing), so really, 2.5 will more than likely be much more popular/a bigger saler.

MegaxXxman

Hopefully there is a special bonus with buying 2.5 like the little book we got with the 1.5 remix. Though it wasn't much I still liked it a lot.

WanPisu

Awards
It's just kind of tedious, though certainly not as bad as it could have been.

Hmm, you're right. It could've been green. (shots fired)

Hopefully there is a special bonus with buying 2.5 like the little book we got with the 1.5 remix. Though it wasn't much I still liked it a lot.

The artbook was included in the Limited Edition of 1.5, the Limited Edition for 2.5 includes a pin instead.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
This isn't fair; it seems like a great game package

Unfortunately that's how it is and how it's going to be. As far as I can recall, there are currently no plans to make 1.5 and 2.5 available for the PS4 either, so we'll have to roll with it.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I remember when I first bought Kingdom Hearts. I was in 8th grade nearing my birthday and I was recommended to get Kingdom Hearts because my friend knew how much I enjoyed Final Fantasy. When I bought it was already "Greatest Hits," best decision moment of my video game career.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Better than the PSP Essentials.

1309181927_main_Monster_Hunter_Freedom_Unite_PSP_Essentials.jpg

Jesus Christ, Sony!

Unless you tape a PS3 to it.
...I wonder how hard would it be for Sony to make a PS3/PS4 combo system?

I thought I heard that there were talks of making newer models have backwards compatibility. That being said, I would not be surprised if they were literally rumors.

M3rcAssass1n

I have to agree that it deserves it, Kingdom Hearts Final Mix was great with all of the original content and a bunch of extras made it worth playing again and again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back