• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- is now one of PS3's Greatest Hits

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Haven't yet purchased Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX? Square Enix and Disney definitely want to change that, now that it's available as one of PS3's Greatest Hits for $19.99.

The HD collection, containing remastered versions of Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix and Re:Chain of Memories, along with cinematics from 358/2 Days, was released last year and clearly sold well enough to warrant a stamp as one of the PS3's best.

If you still haven't given it a go, then now's as good a time as any as Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX, the second HD collection, releases in December for North America and Europe on the PS3.

If you'd like to get the Japanese version next month, you should check out this article where we have compiled a list of websites where you can order the game.

Be sure to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on all things Kingdom Hearts.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Re: Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- is now one of PS3's Greatest Hits

Awesome! Not too surprising, of course, but still awesome. I may just have to pick this up... Even though I own all of the games, part of me has always wanted to own them with that label on the front, so we'll see.

limit

That's awesome! The series has still got it!

I WOULD buy this if I could (especially considering I want an actual case instead of the artbook/case hybrid), but I can't afford it with 2.5 coming.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
The weirdest thing is that I was in a Gamestop just 2 days ago and the copies there weren't labeled with the Greatest Hits moniker. Granted, I preordered it months in advance, so I already had it at launch, but it was notable since I hadn't found any copies new or used since the launch date.

Anyway, that's cool that it is a Greatest Hits now. The game really does deserve it.

Also, it's nice to see that they still have the red label instead of that oh-so-lovely green label that was on the old PSX titles. My copies of Final Fantasies VII and IX have that sick green color...

kumar62

Great, now I have to decide whether to get KH2.5 as soon as it drops so I can play it over Christmas break, or wait for a couple months and get it at half the price :confused:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The weirdest thing is that I was in a Gamestop just 2 days ago and the copies there weren't labeled with the Greatest Hits moniker. Granted, I preordered it months in advance, so I already had it at launch, but it was notable since I hadn't found any copies new or used since the launch date.

Anyway, that's cool that it is a Greatest Hits now. The game really does deserve it.

Also, it's nice to see that they still have the red label instead of that oh-so-lovely green label that was on the old PSX titles. My copies of Final Fantasies VII and IX have that sick green color...

Well, stores have to sell their stock of the older prints first before they will get the new ones with the red label.

Great, now I have to decide whether to get KH2.5 as soon as it drops so I can play it over Christmas break, or wait for a couple months and get it at half the price :confused:

I mean $39.99 is already a REALLY low price for two full games and 2 hours of new story content via Re:coded.

Antar

Awards
If 1.5 is a hit, imagine how big 2.5 will be! :D

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It's all still better than the ugly yellow we get here in Europe :D

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
It's all still better than the ugly yellow we get here in Europe :D

339882ps_500h.jpg

Oh god...I just saw that for Metal Gear Solid 4. That looks awful...

Anyway, to quote The Great Clement, "But I digress." I think Kingdom Hearts I.5 ReMIX managing to be part of the Greatest Hits library is awesome. II.5 ReMIX is most likely going to make that, too considering its lineup of games.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I agree, and I hope they get to reach as many people as possible with these games. Making already cheap HD collections even cheaper and more accessible is nothing but good news.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I just bought this game last week and I've got the greatest hits edition, huh. Nice to see it's recieved that status though.

WanPisu

Awards
Still haven't picked up an English copy of the game. Perhaps I'll import a Greatest Hits-edition when it's time, unless I feel like having the normal edition. Platinum looks pretty bad.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Still haven't picked up my English copy of the game. Perhaps I'll import a Greatest Hits-edition when it's time, unless I feel like having the normal edition. Platinum looks pretty bad.

It's just kind of tedious, though certainly not as bad as it could have been.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
The fact that you have to play the games on every difficulty instead of just getting the trophies for the lower ones when finish Proud is stupid though.

SORA619

Awards
I was really suprised when I found out that 1.5 had exceed 1b sales. Collections aren't that famous. It really deserves to be in the greatest hits!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back