• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX Confirmed for North America & Europe!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Finally! Square Enix has now officialy confirmed KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX exclusively for the PlayStation 3 in North America, Europe and PAL regions, coming this Fall!

This HD remaster will also include for the first time in these regions KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX, along with KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories which was previously only released in Japan and North America, and KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days remastered as HD cinematics. The entire collection contains trophies, updated graphics, updated gameplay, and remastered music by series composer Yoko Shimomura.

Read the official statement from Square Enix North America right here, and Square Enix Europe's statement here. Check out our website for more information on KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX.

LOS ANGELES (Feb. 25, 2013) - Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in the Americas, today announced that KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX will be available this fall in North America exclusively for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

Fully remastered in HD, KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX is a compilation of the critically acclaimed KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX, previously exclusive to the Japanese market, and KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories. In addition, the two-in-one-disc package will feature HD cinematic story videos from KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days, enhanced gameplay mechanics and PlayStation®3 system trophies. Players can now relive the origins of the celebrated franchise with Sora, Riku and the colorful cast of Disney characters, including Mickey, Donald and Goofy.

Related Links

Official Homepage: www.kingdomhearts.com

Official Facebook® Page: http://www.facebook.com/kingdomhearts  

Official Twitter®: @KINGDOMHEARTS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX is not yet rated. Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings. 

About the KINGDOM HEARTS series

KINGDOM HEARTS is a series of role-playing games created through the collaboration of Disney Interactive Studios and Square Enix. Since the first KINGDOM HEARTS was released in March 2002 for the PlayStation®2 system, the series has expanded with several additional entries, and has shipped over 18 million units worldwide.

About Disney Interactive

Disney Interactive, one of the world’s largest creators of high-quality interactive entertainment across all platforms, is the part of The Walt Disney Company responsible for the global creation and delivery of interactive entertainment, multi-platform video games, and family-focused content across all current and emerging digital media platforms.  Disney Interactive produces and distributes a broad portfolio of content from Disney Interactive Games and Disney Interactive Media.  Products and content released and operated by Disney Interactive include blockbuster mobile, social and console games, online virtual worlds, #1 kid’s entertainment destination Disney.com and the #1 Family/Parenting portfolio on the Web.

Disney Interactive is the interactive entertainment part of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS).

About Square Enix, Inc.

Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix Group. The Square Enix Group operates a global network of leading development studios and boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property, including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 100 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 61 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 35 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.

More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at http://www.na.square-enix.com/

© Disney Developed by SQUARE ENIX.

DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, FINAL FANTASY, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, SPACE INVADERS, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix Group. “PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.

Source: Square Enix, Official Press Release

Xagzan

Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX confirmed for North America and Europe!

"Not only do you get these classic titles in breathtaking HD, but the original KINGDOM HEARTS is enhanced with KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX previously only available in Japan"

Excellent. Guess that explains the delay?

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Was hoping to have this game within a few months, but American fall is Sep-Oct-Nov right?
Still, at least it's finally confirmed, and confirmed to have the final mix additions.

Awards

Awesome! :D ...but fall?! ugh! well if its gonna take THAT long, then they better fix the lip syncing for Re:CoM!

Prajna

I remember being very young when I'd succumb to the impression that "Kingdom Hearts" left on me after completing it. A time later I learned a Final Mix version was released in Japan. I desired the game because it included new little things that the original game had not. So, not knowing that I'd also need an imported PS2 in order to enjoy, it was ordered and years later I have only a collector's item. Thank you, Square, for helping me exact my vengeance on my imported letdown. This fall, I will rise. :)

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
Re: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX confirmed for North America and Europe!

People rejoice! What everyone was waiting and especially the PAL regions since *coughRE:CoMcough*

Dayum that fall release though! Oh well i was planning on getting the Jap ver too :p

bksonic

Awards
Website
gamejolt.com

I wish they could release each game separately (I only want to play Re:Chain of Memories), but oh well, Final Mix will be cool too.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX exclusively for the PS3 in both North-America and Europe
That's what I like to hear! OH RE:COM, YOU AND ME WILL FINALLY BE TOGETHER.

this Fall!

It's going to take that long? Well that's depressing. At least it releases in the school holidays for me.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

That's what I like to hear! OH RE:COM, YOU AND ME WILL FINALLY BE TOGETHER.

It's going to take that long? Well that's depressing. At least it releases in the school holidays for me.

They have to have something to put into the fall months. Beyond LRFF it's pretty barren.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Best message of the year, lolz. ;)

Finally Re: CoM for EU, Final Mix for all and completely new Days "Movie". ^__^

swagsrk.gif

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
The people over at EU PS Blog have confirmed that the game will NOT feature the Japanese voices. Anyone know if that stands true for the American version as well?

Still awesome news though!

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
ITS GOING TO RELEASE THIS FALL?!?!?!?

I was hoping to play in the summer before college. Why SE, why do you make us wait this long for a remaster :/

Well, at least the only thing good coming out of this is that they have more time to polish the game up. And, like many others, I'm just happy we're finally getting the FM after ten years. It will definitely be worth the wait.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
awesome news. i don't see why everyone keeps complaining about a fall release, i'd rather have a good game in more time than a bad game in less.

stardustfire

I was having a horrible day and this just made this ALOT better. Thank you so much KHI!!! The #1 best kingdom hearts news source on planet earth.

Phantom Knight

That gives me plenty of time for replaying 1 and Re:CoM. Very happy with this announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back