• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- Comparison Shots!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Thought this article was a little interesting.
Not much of anything important was said, but the uploaded included some split screen comparison shots between the original Kingdom Hearts and -HD 1.5 ReMIX-.

Sora.jpg

Station%20of%20Awakening.jpg

You really can see the improvements they made on the stainglass images!

What about you? have you seen any comparison shots between the original and the remaster(excluding the ones on the official site)

Edit:
Kingdom%20Hearts%20Station%20of%20Awakening.jpg

Source: KH Twitter

Last edited:

Yessir_23

Awards
Nice find :)
The stained glass does look good, and it's cool to see widescreen in the HD collection!

The best comparison I've been able to find so far is this:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I don't know about anyone else, but I do not recall KH1 looking THAT bad lol I mean, next to the HD is looks absolutely terrible but when I play it, it just seems fairly bad...not as bad as those photos look! I call blasphemy!!!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I don't know about anyone else, but I do not recall KH1 looking THAT bad lol I mean, next to the HD is looks absolutely terrible but when I play it, it just seems fairly bad...not as bad as those photos look! I call blasphemy!!!
Are you referring to the first picture? I think it's zoomed in.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
The lighting is also insanely better than it was before. I'm seriously in love with how they approached this HD Version. This is how it should be done!

VoidGear

Awards
kh1 ps2 version didn't look that bad until KHreMIX 1.5 came out.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Ooh~ This is just pure HD right there! :D

I just can't wait to get my hands on this and play it in glorious HD on my TV!!! :D

Looking at those pictures really changed things!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It's also because we all played the game of SDTVs so the display quality looked fantastic as it was because of smaller screens and whatnot.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar

It's directly comparing pixels. You don't remember it looking that bad because you either played it in SD on an SD TV or never compared it. When compared pixel for pixel, there is simply not as much information in a 480i screen compared to a 720p image. So when you stretch out the 480i image to match it, it shows how fugly it really is. Aliasing, blurry textures, etc. They also replaced Sora's model with his KH3D model I believe so there's that too. When I go back and play a KH game on my PS2, even on an SD TV, it's impossible not to notice the "staircase edges" (a.k.a. aliasing) and the fact that it's not widescreen, especially after HD gaming for so long. But it does look a lot better on an SD TV.

RockyTexan

The comparison really shows just how awesome this HD remake is. Its almost like putting on glasses for the first time lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back