• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX Back Cover + Game Details!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Ugh, this.

I have an hd tv, but it's only 19", which is almost an oxymoron. Like, what's the point? I want a bigass tv for my HD Blu-rays starting NAO.
I still have an SD television from like 2002.
This is what mine looks like (Though that bar at the bottom broke off :p)
60123d_20.jpeg

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Hmm, I don't think so.
For example, MLB12 The Show has 1080p and 3D support while COD MW3 has 1080p and no 3D. The Ratchet & Clank Collection has only 720p but has 3D support, and Uncharted Drakes Fortune has 720p with no 3D.
I don't really see a pattern. I'm pretty sure its just up to the developers. Recently though, more PS3 games are using 1080.
I remember Borderlands 1 had 1080p, whereas its sequel, which had much more content, was downgraded to 720p. I'd say the increase of 1080p support is due to a combination of developers becoming more skilled with game development and the nature of the game itself.

limit

You see, this is why Square-Enix is my all time favorite gaming company. They're not lazy like a lot of other devs *cough*Activision*cough*

1080P HERE I COME!

Nayru's Love

Awards
You see, this is why Square-Enix is my all time favorite gaming company. They're not lazy like a lot of other devs *cough*Activision*cough*
Having games at 720p resolution definitely beats waiting X amount of years for Versus. :v

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
<3 I'm queen witch, *z-snap*

Don't listen to this if you still have faith in the future of the US...[/sarcasm]

[video=youtube;755oNLbzqYQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=755oNLbzqYQ[/video]

On the topic of the back of the case, I really like what they did, but I really wished they had gone with the back of the classic KH1 case like they also had on the back of KH2. The backs were so simple and yet so nice...I really wish they went back to something like that :( Oh well, I can care less about the back. If anything I look at the front and the side more.

TepidShark

Awards
So overall I don't think we're missing anything by not having 3D.

There is usually a drop in quality (whether it be pixel rate or frame rate) if you are outputting in 3D due to it having to render two separate streams to make the 3D image. So I am ok with it not being in 3D.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

1080P HERE I COME!
i wouldn't necessarily count giving a game 1080p as a reason to say square-enix aren't lazy.

wii.red24

Not all are in 1080p. The Ratchet & Clank games for example (as well as many others) are only 720. I'm really not sure why this is, but trust me, its true. Only about half of my PS3 games have the capability to display 1080p. There's really no excuse for it either.... I guess some developers are just lazy.

I'm going to sound like a tech nerd but diddly it the reason that alot of PS3 games can not display full 1080P is because of the limited hardware that the PS3 boasts. Movies are a totally different subject but with games especially games like Skyrim where you have a million things going on at once I.e Particle effects AA Tesselation Lighting shadows etc etc often times it's just too much for the hardware to achieve full 1080P at a decent framerate. Not alot of people know this but the PS2 actually supported 720P only 4 games took advantage of that. I believe that Gran Turismo 4 is one of the few.

Claire-Farron

I like how the back cover says 'FOR JAPAN ONLY'.

So, would KH 1.5 look pretty good on a 46' tv? Because that's what I have and my FFXIII/XIII-2 games are stunning and beautiful on it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I like how the back cover says 'FOR JAPAN ONLY'.

I think most of Sony games in Japan say that. It's mainly as a "please do not sell this game outside of Japan" thing because of retail stuff.

So, would KH 1.5 look pretty good on a 46' tv? Because that's what I have and my FFXIII/XIII-2 games are stunning and beautiful on it.

Yep! 1080p in all of it's beauty~

Nayru's Love

Awards

HD remasters tend to look drop-dead gorgeous on the typical HDTV; I can tell you from my experiences with the Ico/SotC Collection that the visuals were so beautiful, I actually had a difficult time putting the game down because of that.

That's to be expected, of course; if developers aren't putting their efforts into building a game from ground-up, they damn well better focus on polishing what they already have.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Someone mentioned that SBMV (Super Bit Mapping for Video) is not very common in videogames. I've never actually heard of it before, though I buy a lot of Blu-rays and games. In practice, it's a solution to reduce colour banding. Even if you don't know what banding is, I'm sure you've seen it a LOT of times, especially in videogame cutscenes where the compression quality is very low. Here's an article explaining what it is and what it can achieve.

I'm deeply impressed by the care Square has put into this! Hopefully time will fly :)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Someone mentioned that SBMV (Super Bit Mapping for Video) is not very common in videogames. I've never actually heard of it before, though I buy a lot of Blu-rays and games. In practice, it's a solution to reduce colour banding. Even if you don't know what banding is, I'm sure you've seen it a LOT of times, especially in videogame cutscenes where the compression quality is very low. Here's an article explaining what it is and what it can achieve.

I'm deeply impressed by the care Square has put into this! Hopefully time will fly :)

I honestly think it should be a standard addition to games, movies, and other media. This is definitely a great addition for them to have put in, especially because of how vivid Kingdom Hearts gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back