• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 Re:MIX Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think there will be a HD release in English?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
YOU MEAN LIKE CAPES? They were pretty badass.

They were there in my imagination~

I personally do not wish for a KH3D remaster, even in a few years. As long as the 3DS has a reasonable market I do not see the point. Like Spockanort said, it would be different if it was on the PSP or DS.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
They were there in my imagination~

I personally do not wish for a KH3D remaster, even in a few years. As long as the 3DS has a reasonable market I do not see the point. Like Spockanort said, it would be different if it was on the PSP or DS.

The PS2 has a reasonable market.. the DS as well. what's the point of the remaster? ;)

Anyway, all the games apart from Days and DDD have had remakes or remixes. It would make sense to release 3D Final Mix for the PS3, if not as part of the collection, as a digital release later on.

btw

CoM - re:CoM 2 Years, 4 Months, 18 Days
coded - re:Coded 1 Year, 10 Months, 19 Days [if you count from the first episode, otherwise it's 7 months]

So we could have a 3D remaster at around August 2014
:tongue:

Last edited:

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Because the 3DS is current and will be current for about 5-6 more years. Why do you think all those Pokemon games are still $35!

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
The PS2 has a reasonable market.. the DS as well. what's the point of the remaster? ;)

Anyway, all the games apart from Days and DDD have had remakes or remixes. It would make sense to release 3D Final Mix for the PS3, if not as part of the collection, as a digital release later on.

Let me correct myself then: A system that will continue to develop and release new games for years to come. Yes, there are games still being released on DS, but in a few years I do not see that. Yes, the PS2 games can still sell, but not for much. On the other hand, the 3DS is new and evidently has a bright future ahead of it.

johnboy3434

Awards
Let me correct myself then: A system that will continue to develop and release new games for years to come. Yes, there are games still being released on DS, but in a few years I do not see that. Yes, the PS2 games can still sell, but not for much. On the other hand, the 3DS is new and evidently has a bright future ahead of it.

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker got a PS3 revamp when the PSP was still Sony's main handheld. They'll probably wait another two years before releasing KH2.5, and will include KH2, BbS, as well as the cutscenes from re:coded and 3D. That way, people can still catch up on the story, but won't get to play the still-available 3DS game unless they're willing to buy it. Seems simple enough to me.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Actually they show them in the opening scene to BBS xD (though they just used the 'Birth By Sleep' stuff that was already made)
But that was still footage from the secret ending, oh Spockanort, trust you :pPP

Hope that means upping the polygon count and replacing some models and textures
Yes please *u*

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker got a PS3 revamp when the PSP was still Sony's main handheld. They'll probably wait another two years before releasing KH2.5, and will include KH2, BbS, as well as the cutscenes from re:coded and 3D. That way, people can still catch up on the story, but won't get to play the still-available 3DS game unless they're willing to buy it. Seems simple enough to me.

That sounds reasonable. I can see KH3D cutscenes. It gives people who have not played the game an overview and it serves as advertisement to encourage people to buy KH3D.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
It could be anything at the moment, not necessarily Kingdom Hearts.

We've all heard it.

Edit: One thing in particular I'd like to know, is if in a BBS FM Remaster, they'd fix things like the poor lightning effects, the thorns in Enchanted Dominion(as well as the poor trees and barren landscape) and other things that were done because of hardware restrictions.

Y'know, i'm hoping for a couple of those too, though I liked the rays even though they didn light anything, and the trees in enchanted dominion were very close to the flat graphice designs in the movie. What' I'm most hoping for is the chance to go to the Palace Courtyard or Dwarfs' Cottage and look up and not see a "ceiling".

That sounds reasonable. I can see KH3D cutscenes. It gives people who have not played the game an overview and it serves as advertisement to encourage people to buy KH3D.

Well, actually, one idea isnt far fetched, and that is because it's already been done for a square game: a story primer for DDD. They already have those in DDD for the other games, and FFXIII-2 did the same thing to cater to newcomers who hadnt played XIII, and both of them were done in extensive detail. It would also cut costs and save disc space.

the reason I suggest this is that the difference between DDD and KH2.5 is likely to be about two years-the same as between XIII and XIII-2.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Ah, I've never really seen Sleeping Beauty, so I was unsure if the trees were meant to look like that xD

Oh. and people at the Ballroom. Please.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Yeah, Sleeping Beauty overall has a very uniquely sharp and graphic design style-like a medieval tapestry-courtesy of Eyvand Earle. http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&field-author=Eyvind Earle&page=1&rh=n:283155,p_27:Eyvind Earle

The only traditionally round designs in that movie are the faces of the three good fairies.

I doubt they'll go so far as to build extras for the ballroom, but they're probably already starting work so it could be possible to design and build new extras for the sequel and prequel.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I don't see either DDD or BBS being apart of it if it ever happened. It'd be silly for SE to do that. Both games came out not too long ago so it'd be kinda pointless imo.

The PSP doesn't sell very well outside of Japan, though in Japan it is quite popular. Not to mention I think BbS is the 3rd most important game in the series (yes they are all important, but if you weigh what each added to the series BbS is easily up there) and many people never played it and will easily be missing out on it. The PSP is going downhill from here on out in the US at least (in Japan people are making some games still for PSP before Vita). DDD on the other hand just came out on the 3DS, and as time goes by, the 3DS will only get stronger, and more people will be to experience DDD while BbS, not likely.

BbS came out in '10 and a KH 2.5 HD ReMix probably wouldn't come out until 2014 at the earliest so I don't think the timing is too bad for BbS at least. Plus, the PSP is pretty much dead at this point and it'll certainly be long buried by 2014.

Sadly, I think this would make sense, but I can see SO many fans complaining when KHHD2.5 is announced for 2014, thus making them wait till 2015 for the long-awaited KH3.

=
Edit: One thing in particular I'd like to know, is if in a BBS FM Remaster, they'd fix things like the poor lightning effects, the thorns in Enchanted Dominion(as well as the poor trees and barren landscape) and other things that were done because of hardware restrictions.

I would love if they fixed those small things, especially the NPCs, but I doubt that'll happen. I mean they have the game there, all they need to do is remaster it. I don't think they're going to add new models and then add them to the cutscenes, no matter how much it would help.

I'm still wholly against KH3D in any collection. If KH3D wasn't on the 3DS and on the DS or PSP or something it'd be different.

As others said, I don't see a reason to make DDD playable at all in any collection before 2015 the earliest. However, for those who play through the HD collections, they won't get all the major plot points from DDD (which is a lot), so I expect both Re:Coded and DDD to be cutscenes in 2.5HD, it would allow people to learn everything up to the KH3.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
We are well aware of that, and the article has gotten "announced for Japan so far" and "only announced for Japan" confused.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
You know, I was thinking...

It's IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to get the original KINGDOM HEARTS II game in a remaster.

Nomura considers KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX to be the proper game that KINGDOM HEARTS II to be. No way would he release the game he considers "incomplete".

Edit: I should say, I'm exaggerating "impossible" here. But I really highly doubt it.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's funny you use Pokemon, a DS game to show how long the 3DS will be supported for.
I know it's not one of them Pokemon games but still...
250px-Pok%C3%A9mon_Rumble_Blast_Boxart_US.png

But this is neither here nor there.

prjio307

I live in New York, in the Rochester area
Do you find him more evil because he's blacker?

You're making me feel like a horrible person lol.

I think it has more to do with the facial expressions he is wearing in the two images. The first image is clearly a much more menacing, almost crazed look.

Edit: Also, I really hope this gets announced for territories outisde Japan soon.

Last edited:

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
wow, i keep thinking about what the PS3 has to offer for this HD remake. When i get this game and insert it into my PS3 i am just going to stare at the artwork on my screen for about 2 minutes before actually loading up the game just to indulge on how cool it is for this remake to become a reality.

EDIT: This made me think what music will play when scrolled over the "play disc" on you PS3 (Dearly beloved?) and also what artwork we are likely to see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back