• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 Re:MIX Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think there will be a HD release in English?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm going to really like the change to having the reaction commands in this game. As long as they keep it like the way the fourth bar was in KH1 and not have enemies with reaction commands to make the battles easier.

And a save screen after KH1 *u*

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Now thinking about it, what type of time and resource requirements would be needed for a HD version of 358/2 day? I don't think they would just merely port it, but they would need to start from scratch aside from cutscenes which are now already done. Which could also explain why Birth By Sleep wasn't included. And as for Kingdom Hearts II, I'm assuming the graphics and overall production of the game are executed well enough without the need of a HD version.

crash13

Awards
II FM will probably be in a new HD collection with BBS FM and Re:Coded scenes. They don't really need to start from scratch with BBS because it is one screen, 358 and Re:C would be because of the two screen gameplay.

WaveK89

Hmm...KH 2.5 Remix...perhaps, the 1000 Heartless battle could be changed what it was planned to be? Wishful thinking, I know.

Anyway, I wonder if they will just be giving access to the Days scenes or if they will be used as unlockables. I would hope they just give access, in my opinion.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
One thing I realized we will definitely get this time around: A save/cleared data option after KH1!

Hmm...KH 2.5 Remix...perhaps, the 1000 Heartless battle could be changed what it was planned to be? Wishful thinking, I know.

I don't think it is wishful. I think we all want to fight Behemoths and Wyverns since that was what they wanted before. It would certainly make me want to not button mash triangle the entire fight and yawn.

Anyway, I wonder if they will just be giving access to the Days scenes or if they will be used as unlockables. I would hope they just give access, in my opinion.

It will probably be automatically available. I'm more inclined to unlocking it, though. Right when Sora uses the Heart Unlocker to free Kairi's heart would be perfect. After the cutscene finishes and just before you start wandering around as a Heartless, an info box appears saying "You have unlocked 358/2 Days in the Theater!"

It would feel extremely rewarding in the face of a pretty emotional event.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
It will probably be automatically available. I'm more inclined to unlocking it, though. Right when Sora uses the Heart Unlocker to free Kairi's heart would be perfect.

word.

Or in accordance to the events that unfold in KH1 and Re:CoM, giving us a detailed timeline.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
word.

Or in accordance to the events that unfold in KH1 and Re:CoM, giving us a detailed timeline.
Unlike that poor attempt at a time line where the events were way out of whack.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
It will probably be automatically available. I'm more inclined to unlocking it, though. Right when Sora uses the Heart Unlocker to free Kairi's heart would be perfect. After the cutscene finishes and just before you start wandering around as a Heartless, an info box appears saying "You have unlocked 358/2 Days in the Theater!"

It would feel extremely rewarding in the face of a pretty emotional event.

For Re:CoM, do you think either game will be available from the start or do you think Re:CoM will only unlock after KH1 is beaten? I kind of hope it is like that where you beat KH1 first and then unlock it, but for many in Europe who have never gotten Re:CoM, they may just want to rush right over to it instead. Also, I like the idea of putting Days cutscenes where they take place in the respective games (in between Re:CoM and at the end of KH1) but I think it would get to complicated to remember Sora's story and then remember the Days cutscenes that pop up randomly. I do hope they do something like the Memento system where it asks you if you'd like to view the Days cutscenes.

JustSnilloc

I would absolutely love it if the Days cutscenes unfolded as you progressed through KH and Re:CoM~ *u*

The only issue with that is how Day 1 for Roxas starts towards the end of KH1 (right as Sora becomes a heartless) and while some of the cutscenes would take place during CoM, most would happen afterwards... All that aside, depending on how they did it, I think it'd be pretty cool too

---

How do you guys think the control scheme will be for KH 1.5?

You know how in the Final Mixes we had the "O" button for selecting things and the "X" button for deselecting things? Well, in the Nintendo installments, the "A" button for selecting things is in the same place as the "O" button, and the "B" button for deselecting things is in the same place as the "X" button. So basically, the Japanese Playstation style and the general Nintendo style is one in the same.

Do you think we'll get the Japanese/Nintendo style for KH 1.5? Or the standard "X" to select "O" to deselect?... Personally I'd prefer "O" to select and "X" to deselect because 9 out of the 12 releases (13 if you're counting the original coded) we've had thus far have been like that

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
For Re:CoM, do you think either game will be available from the start or do you think Re:CoM will only unlock after KH1 is beaten? I kind of hope it is like that where you beat KH1 first and then unlock it, but for many in Europe who have never gotten Re:CoM, they may just want to rush right over to it instead. Also, I like the idea of putting Days cutscenes where they take place in the respective games (in between Re:CoM and at the end of KH1) but I think it would get to complicated to remember Sora's story and then remember the Days cutscenes that pop up randomly. I do hope they do something like the Memento system where it asks you if you'd like to view the Days cutscenes.

I would like some Days cutscenes to appear after each cutscene of the game you're playing. Then after you beat both game then the whole 358/2 days movie will unlock

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I would like some Days cutscenes to appear after each cutscene of the game you're playing. Then after you beat both game then the whole 358/2 days movie will unlock

I thank you! Yes that would be totally epic and it would fit, seeing Xion, Roxas and Axel in HD on the roof is just so EPIC!

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
With the 358/2 Days scenes I think that if it was more of a movie than unlocking one scene after the other that it should be unlockable after a certain point, such as the point when Roxas would be born when Sora turns into a heartless, or after you beat KH1FM.
If it were more like unlocking one scene or portion of scenes one after the other then I would prefer it in more of a chronological order.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
KH 1.5 Changes to Gameplay

Not 100% if this has been noticed or discussed yet, but I noticed something while watching the trailer. The command bar only has 3 bars(Attack, Magic, Items), and the reaction commands have been mapped to triangle. I was able to get a screen cap of one instance that the Reaction Command thing appeared, just as it does in KH2:

http://i.imgur.com/yJk8Q.jpg

Using a link because too lazy to resize.

Makes me wonder what other things we might see? Maybe we'll be able to skip cutscenes!

-Roxas-XIII-

Re: KH 1.5 Changes to Gameplay

I hope the camera controls in KHFM are changed so that you can use the right analog stick to rotate the camera just like you could in Re:COM and KH2. Target switching can be kept on L2 and R2 though, I always missed that feature in KH2.

As for other things, I can think of a bunch, but nothing that would be possible without very large changes.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
So since there is this HD remake being presented as KH 1.5, does anyone think that they will want to/ or try to do a KH 2.5 HD Remix? Have KH2w/FM content remastered along with hd ReCoded scenes similar to the way they are doing Days. But then there is DDD, which just came, out idk how they'd do that since DDD technically would fall under '2.5' in the chronology.

I think that they might try to do something like that after this gets released in 2013.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
2.5 would most likely have BBS and not DDD. It's also too soon since DDD was released so I don't think they would ever release it in an HD collection of sorts anytime soon.

Last edited:

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
I'd be glad just to get KH 1.5. But a 2.5 with BBS, KH2, and possibly Coded would be awesomesaucetastic. They could release 1.5 next year, a 2.5 for 2014, and KH3 for 2015.
It'd give them enough time to finish Versus and enough time for us to enjoy the splendors of the HD games. :D

I'm excited to see more HD scenes. I wonder when another trailer will be released? Jump Festa's in January, correct? Maybe then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back