• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 Re:MIX Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think there will be a HD release in English?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Re: HD Remaster/Remake Discussion Thread

I kinda like how it is becoming a trend. It's what the people want after all. Making a collection of a great videogame series spruced up graphically and improved seems like a good thing.
I do agree that HD ports can be really enjoyable. However, I feel developers are making them primarily to get some fast cash with less effort, hence the reason why it's become a trend.

It's especially what the KH series needs after it got spread over so many consoles. Being able to play all the games on one system in a better resolution, with bug fixes and other neat stuff sounds perfect if you ask me.
While not completely impossible, having both games made for both Nintendo and PS2 consoles/handhelds seems less realistic, if you ask me. CoM would have a chance because of Re:CoM, but Days and Re:Coded are too different, if you know what I mean.

blue490246

Dont mean to beat a dead fish so-to-speak (fish being the thread/topic) or to repeat something that someone else has said, but due to a recent rumour of Final Fantasy Versus XIII being a dead project, just wondering if the studio will get to working on KHIII now. And how this relates to the remaster - I was thinking that to capture most people's interest, I feel like if they start working on KHIII now, there's a good chance they could release all three KH, KH2 and KH3 in HD for PS3 or something since I think people will be more likely to get all 3 games at once to get caught up in time for KHIII (even though KH3D was sorta the game that would bring newcomers up to speed, but nothing beats experiencing the games versus getting caught up by story summaries...) and maybe as a Collector's Edition to milk sales? Thoughts?

And, if anything, it would make the most sense to remake the Final Mixes instead of the originals since they've all got extras the allude to the following games in the series... and cuz fans have been dying for an official non-Japan release of the Final Mixes too... As well, since PS2 memory cards dont work with PS3s, it'd also make sense for a Final Mix release overseas so that players can (re)experience the game fully while they play through it all again... An overseas Final Mix release has always been a thought ... and since KHIII is supposedly the end of this saga, it would also be a good time to release these Final Mixes if they chose to make them not a Japan-exclusive...

Last edited:

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

Dont mean to beat a dead fish so-to-speak (fish being the thread/topic) or to repeat something that someone else has said, but due to a recent rumour of Final Fantasy Versus XIII being a dead project, just wondering if the studio will get to working on KHIII now. And how this relates to the remaster - I was thinking that to capture most people's interest, I feel like if they start working on KHIII now, there's a good chance they could release all three KH, KH2 and KH3 in HD for PS3 or something since I think people will be more likely to get all 3 games at once to get caught up in time for KHIII (even though KH3D was sorta the game that would bring newcomers up to speed, but nothing beats experiencing the games versus getting caught up by story summaries...) and maybe as a Collector's Edition to milk sales? Thoughts?

Replaying 1 and 2 wouldn't even scratch the surface in catching them up on what they missed.

blue490246

^ Well, they are technically the most important ones in the series next to BBS as they are the numbered ones... and to fill in the gaps, maybe that'd entice newcomers to try out the other side games too? But generally, COM is just a filler between KH and KH2, which is kinda half addressed in KH2 anyways... 358/2 Days is filler from Roxas's perspective between KH/COM to KH2... Coded is technically filler between KH2 and KH3D, the only really important side game as I said earlier is BBS since that's pretty much the whole background story of Xehanort and the reason for the other games to exist in the series... and we can't really tell how important KH3D is compared to KH3 now for obvious reasons ...

So in a way just by playing KH and KH2, anyone can sorta get the skeleton of the entire story, to fill in the rest, they'd need to play the side games imo

Domination

Awards

Sorry but I agree with Juggernaut. Playing 1 and understanding the story would be perfectly fine because... well Kingdom Hearts 1 was the original. But if one went to play Kingdom Hearts 2 straight after playing Kingdom Hearts 1, their minds would be destroyed. I know mine was...

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Sorry but I agree with Juggernaut. Playing 1 and understanding the story would be perfectly fine because... well Kingdom Hearts 1 was the original. But if one went to play Kingdom Hearts 2 straight after playing Kingdom Hearts 1, their minds would be destroyed. I know mine was...

Yeah. Most people aren't that smart to just figure stuff out for themselves without having everything explained to them... which is why they'd need to play pretty much all the games to really understand it.

It would be like jumping from Star Wars Episode I and Episode II all the way down to Star Wars Episode IV and trying to fill in the gap without ever seeing any of the other movies before.

blue490246

well... these games weren't numbered and were called side games for a reason... they only tell the "how" of the storyline, which is important to understanding the story, don't get me wrong. But its not absolutely necessary... I mean I started playing the series actually at KH2, and then I went to KH1 and even to this day I havent played COM or Re:COM. Yes, I have read about the story for COM, but in a way, COM is half addressed at the beginning parts of KH2, we really need to get out of COM that Sora's memories were unchained by Namine under the Organization's doing (who are still the main villains of KH2 and on) and that at the beginning of KH2, Namine was putting his memories back together. And even in the flashbacks in the restoration process, they cover footage all the way up to Sora arriving at the front of Castle Oblivion which subtly hints to the events of COM, enough that the player knows something happened at that castle to cause Sora to have to restore his memories... COM just explains the how...

It's just that for the most of what we can possibly get, I don't see the studio needing to remake every game to suit the need of understanding the story. And quite honestly, the jump imo isnt a jump from Star Wars episode II to episode IV... playing just the numbered games of the series imo is more like playing Pokemon and only playing the gym leaders and the Elite Four without any of the training and battling other trainers. I mean, there will always be stories that can be told, its just a matter of how much the studio/company wants to milk the series for money and how much time the studio has to work on these projects...

and to Juggernaut6, i wasnt trying to insult you on your knowledge of the series because I am fully aware that most people on this forum definitely know the story inside out, I was only trying to recap the story to explain what I had to say, sorry if you took this the wrong way...

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

@blue490246

Except Birth by Sleep and KH3D aren't side-stories. They're main titles. Nomura even said so himself numerous times.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

@blue490246

Except Birth by Sleep and KH3D aren't side-stories. They're main titles. Nomura even said so himself numerous times.

What he said, if you don't play BBS or KH3D you will be hopelessly confused during KH3

ShailsTDSPT

What he said, if you don't play BBS or KH3D you will be hopelessly confused during KH3

Which will make me laugh at every single comment in the internet about KH3 ^^ I really hope that an HD collection is next. Theathrythm would be cool as well, but I guess that would be better after one more dose of epic music (KH3) I guess we could even have something like Theathrythm KH: Xehanort Saga and then another for the next saga.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

Theatrhythm would be very cool, I could see it as something they throw together so that they'd have time to do the HD Collections and KH3

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

and to Juggernaut6, i wasnt trying to insult you on your knowledge of the series because I am fully aware that most people on this forum definitely know the story inside out, I was only trying to recap the story to explain what I had to say, sorry if you took this the wrong way...

lol My bad I forgot to use my signature sarcasm face.

..... I bow to your superior knowledge of the series.
kruemelmonster.gif

There. Fixed. You seem to think that anything that is not a numbered title is not worthwhile. That is false. Birth By Sleep and Dream Drop Distance are both on par with numbered titles. And also I was not saying that the handheld games need to be remade or remastered too. I was just saying that an HD collection of 1 and 2 is not enough to catch people up. They would still have to at least play BBS and DDD in order to understand KH3.

Ven

Hd remix

I have heard rumors that the creators of kindom hearts will make a hd remake of kh1,2 and bbs and etc is it true or just a idea and or fake
Please let it be true

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

They've made no such announcement. We'll just have to wait and see.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I think you're referring to the HD rumour that came out during E3 about KH 1, 2, days, recom, and BBS. Not true.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Re: Hd remix

I have heard rumors that the creators of kindom hearts will make a hd remake of kh1,2 and bbs and etc is it true or just a idea and or fake
Please let it be true

If they'd do anything they'd make an HD collection, but they wouldn't remake the games from scratch

doortolight

Awards
Re: Hd remix

If they'd do anything they'd make an HD collection, but they wouldn't remake the games from scratch

I'm pretty sure that's what was meant when they said the remake thing, also if they do have it in hd this would be the perfect chance for america to finally get the fm bonuses. I mean if they were to do it why wouldn't they use the fm material?

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Every other HD Rerelease included the "best" version of their respective games. KH would have no excuse not to do the same, and this is coming from someone who already owns and loves the Final Mixes.

Katsagu

Awards

I think if they make an HD remake, the psp,ds and 3ds titles wont appear since if they done it they would have to create the games form the beggining (mostly on re:coded and days since they would have to do all the cutscenes (that would be so awesome(yes it would *.*)) But i would love an HD collection for the ps3 *.* Just before KH3 so people wouldnt say they dont understand the history ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back