• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 Re:MIX Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think there will be a HD release in English?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

asauchiha

Re: HD Remaster/Remake Discussion Thread

I don't see why not. If they can do HD remakes of Prince of Persia, Jak and Daxter, God of War and Devil May Cry then why not Kingdom Hearts. No series is more deserving. I still have Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, and Re: Chain of Memories for the PS2 and I would still buy it if it came out for the PS3.

Digs

I don't think they would do CoM because they have already redone it once. I just wish they would redo Days!
This isn't so much of a redo as it is an upscale and print.
I just recently finished KHII with the little upscaling the PS3 already does and it looked gorgeous because the textures of this game have held up leaps and bounds better than most PS2 games, if it got the MGSHD collection treatment with smoother Anti Aliasing Kingdom Hearts would be a true sight on HD consoles.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

If Metal Gear Solid HD Collection could have been released for PS3, and included MGS2, MGS3, and Peace Walker (A PSP game), than I don't understand why they couldn't do one with KH1 (FM), KH2 (FM), and BBS (FM). MGS HD made a slew of money and was acclaimed, and the cost of touching the game up is like spending pennies to make a huge amount of money. KH1, 2 and BBS are eternal classics on Playstation systems, and I can't understand why there has been no word on doing an HD Collection for it yet, while most other classic PS games have gotten one already.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member

If Metal Gear Solid HD Collection could have been released for PS3, and included MGS2, MGS3, and Peace Walker (A PSP game), than I don't understand why they couldn't do one with KH1 (FM), KH2 (FM), and BBS (FM). MGS HD made a slew of money and was acclaimed, and the cost of touching the game up is like spending pennies to make a huge amount of money. KH1, 2 and BBS are eternal classics on Playstation systems, and I can't understand why there has been no word on doing an HD Collection for it yet, while most other classic PS games have gotten one already.
I think i will cry tears of joy if i can get BBSFM, KH1FM, and KH2FM for the ps3...

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I think i will cry tears of joy if i can get BBSFM, KH1FM, and KH2FM for the ps3...

Wouldn't we all? Honestly, it wouldn't be the end of the world if this didn't happen, as I already own all three Final Mix games, but it would be great to have them on a single disc for my brand new PS3. I just hope that it wouldn't go multiplat like MGS HD Collection...

KevVentus

Wouldn't we all? Honestly, it wouldn't be the end of the world if this didn't happen, as I already own all three Final Mix games, but it would be great to have them on a single disc for my brand new PS3. I just hope that it wouldn't go multiplat like MGS HD Collection...

It wouldn't. That only happened with MGS because one of the games has been on Xbox, and Solid Snake has never been tied down to a single console.

Besides, I could never see a Kingdom Hearts game on Xbox.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Okay, there's a lot of confusion between "remake" and "remaster" here, so I'm going to clear that up.

Remaster: cleaning up an old product to meet modern standards in quality, like a "restoration". King Kong's DVD and Blu-ray is a remastered edition.

Remake: a product that closely resembles an older product, but is built from the ground up using new developers and technologies. Peter Jackson's King Kong is not a remaster of the original.

That said, We all know it will be timed to KH3, so why are we discussing it now with no new information?

I already kinda have HD myself. PCSX2 emulator.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

Okay, there's a lot of confusion between "remake" and "remaster" here, so I'm going to clear that up.

Remaster: cleaning up an old product to meet modern standards in quality, like a "restoration". King Kong's DVD and Blu-ray is a remastered edition.

Remake: a product that closely resembles an older product, but is built from the ground up using new developers and technologies. Peter Jackson's King Kong is not a remaster of the original.

That said, We all know it will be timed to KH3, so why are we discussing it now with no new information?

I already kinda have HD myself. PCSX2 emulator.
I tried PCSX2 once, lagged like a bitch

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

You're CPU's not powerful enough then. I have intel core i5 Desktop.

And even so, I consider myself lucky about not having to do much more than adjust resolution in the program to get it to stop lagging. Plays almost perfectly at 1100x1100.

Now BBS lags like a bitch. You'd think PSP would be easier to emulate, but it's way harder.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

Nah, I wasn't expecting it to play well. I was using a laptop. XD

Sdog

Awards

If there is/was I could only hope it would have final mix content in the US version.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

If they do make an HD Collection, I think that it would be almost certain that we would see the Final Mix releases. The reason? Every other HD collection has used the "best" copy of the original. Metal Gear Solid HD had Subsistance and Substance, and Silent Hill HD had Born From A Wish and Director's Cut content.

Dark_Vanitas

KINGDOM HEARTS HD COLLECTION?

Is this real!? WHoah nice I hope it is

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29483478@N07/7133316623/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29483478@N07/6987232610/in/photostream

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

If they do make an HD Collection, I think that it would be almost certain that we would see the Final Mix releases. The reason? Every other HD collection has used the "best" copy of the original. Metal Gear Solid HD had Subsistance and Substance, and Silent Hill HD had Born From A Wish and Director's Cut content.

If they don't the HD release would almost be pointless, seeing as how they'd be used to interest old player who quit because of the "side games" and get new players up to speed, but that would mean keeping the final mix stuff seeing as how a lot of it is important to the story. Besides Japan would get it too and I don't think they'll want to make two different HD collections just so FM stuff stays exclusive to Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back