• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 Re:MIX Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think there will be a HD release in English?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanX

Re: HD Remaster/Remake Discussion Thread

I can see Nomura releasing a KH HD collection in 2013 with a secret movie linked to KH3 then KH3 released in 2014.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
Re: Kh & the xbox

Can you see the hd remasters or even KH3 being released on the Xbox along with PS3? Its been done with FF, why not KH? If Nomura really wanted to branch out to more players he'd release the games for Xbox too. What do you think? DISCUSS!

yeah the x-box revoles around FPS never RPG's, i dont see nomura doing that

IAMSORA

what is an HD remake?

i've heard a lot of rumors about an "HD remake" of the first 2 kingdom hearts games. Just curious, WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? are they just doing it in better quality for the ps2? is it coming out on the ps3, and does that mean the whole game will be ps3 quality graphics like the beginning and end of kh1 and kh2? someone just tell me what this is!

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Re: what is an HD remake?

An HD remake and a remaster are different things. An HD remaster means they are going to clean up the graphics and make it looks more presentable and then probably put it on PSN for people to buy. A remake means they are going to remake the whole game with updated graphics and most likely release the game(s) on a disc with trophy content at a decent price.

Remasters are the exact same game you played a long time ago, just updated. Remakes can be different and have different content if they please as well.

IAMSORA

so if its on the psn, i can play it on the ps3? and by clean up the graphics you mean...

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

so if its on the psn, i can play it on the ps3? and by clean up the graphics you mean...

I'm not a technical person, so I'll wait for one of them to give you the exact definition, but clean up the graphics means it will look better and smoother once it is released, if it is released.

Arkrend

Kupo means that the graphics will be PS3 level.

Basically the PS2 character models had corners cut. The quality will probably be close to the cinematic introductions and endings to Kingdom Hearts 1, Kingdom Hearts II, and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep.

Why do I say close? In the cinematic movies Sora's hair moves. It doesn't just move around, but it moves realistically. Instead of being just one clump, Sora's hair is made into individual strands and each strand has an armature attached.

What does that mean? Armatures are what is used to make a character model move. The reason why hair normally doesn't move is because in order to do it realistically you would need to make individual strands and give each strand an armature. Doing this increases the graphical requirements. The PS3 is old so it's graphical limits are starting to show. There's also the fact that making realistic hair movement is already a pain.

So if there is an HD remake it'll probably look like the cinematic intros/endings we've seen in the main games so far. There is also a chance that hair will move realistically.

Odysseus

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight.

i've heard a lot of rumors about an "HD remake" of the first 2 kingdom hearts games. Just curious, WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? are they just doing it in better quality for the ps2? is it coming out on the ps3, and does that mean the whole game will be ps3 quality graphics like the beginning and end of kh1 and kh2? someone just tell me what this is!

Kupo's definition is accurate.

For Remaster, think: GCN Resident Evil 4 to 360/PS3 Resident Evil 4 HD. It's the same game, just with slightly smoother textures to look good in HD.

For Remake, think: N64 Ocarina of Time to 3DS Ocarina of Time 3D: The graphics are remade from the ground up, looking far better than its original version. Also see: Xbox Halo: Combat Evolved to 360 Halo: Anniversary.

If they're ever gonna do this, I can only imagine they'd do the former. The latter seems a bit unnecessary and time consuming for the company.

prjio307

I live in New York, in the Rochester area

If they did do an HD collection I seriously doubt they would change the graphics at all other than simply upping the resolution to 1080p, similar to the Metal Gear Solid HD collection or the God of War collection. This would simply be an increase in resolution and an elimination of any slowdown, basically polishing things up to make sure it runs at 60fps and looks as clear as possible. The character models and textures would most likely go almost entirely unchanged other than some basic polishing. Sorry to those of you hoping for them to boost the graphics in any way other than that because it simply wouldn't be possible when you think about it. They would pretty much have to build the game from the bottom-up in order to insure that they not only ran well but actually fit on the disc! Other than the boost to 1080p resolution, I seriously doubt that there would be any other additions other than maybe some extras like artwork or behind-the-scenes videos on the disc.

What I would like to see the HD collection include however is the final mix versions of all the games in the collection instead of the standard American versions. They're in english already anyway so it's not like they'd need to localize it. It would be nice to finally get the final mix versions, and in HD to boot!

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

Final mix versions for the HD versions

Also replace the old models in KH1 with the models from Kh2,Re:Com, BBS, DDD

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

An HD remake and a remaster are different things. An HD remaster means they are going to clean up the graphics and make it looks more presentable and then probably put it on PSN for people to buy. A remake means they are going to remake the whole game with updated graphics and most likely release the game(s) on a disc with trophy content at a decent price.

Remasters are the exact same game you played a long time ago, just updated. Remakes can be different and have different content if they please as well.

:|

What?

I'm not very tech savvy, but aren't HD collections just remastering? HD versions of games (i.e. MGS, GoW) aren't remade, they simply bring up the resolution to at least 720p, maybe add anti-aliasing, and add trophies.

Which is why it baffles me that those collections that will be on the Vita still have HD in their title when the maximum resolution for the Vita is 544p.

HD remake would be to remake the game from the ground up. Even then, since it's a remake, there would be no need to have the words HD be there.

Some examples would be nice. o3o

MrPinkyPinks

KHFX and KH2FX+ should be on ps3 and 360

Recently, a Metal Gear Solid HD Collection was released onto ps3 and xbox360 that included mgs2: substance, mgs3: subsistance, and even mgs: peace walker. Surely then, the same needs to be done with kingdom hearts? re-releasing kingdom hearts final mix and kingdom hearts 2 final mix+ onto ps3 and xbox360 would be amazing, especially for those of us who haven't got and/or can't get the final mix games for ps2.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com

What does FX stand for? The common abbreviation for Final Mix is FM if you're trying to say that. :p

MrPinkyPinks

What does FX stand for? The common abbreviation for Final Mix is FM if you're trying to say that. :p

oops... probably not concentrating properly whilst typing :p Must have been thinking about the 'x' at the end of mix XO anyway... my comment was pointless as it looks like lot's of people beat me to the subject. But hey, that's a good thing! It means lot's of other people are on the same wave length. Now we just need Nomura to realise this and get on with it! Give the people what they want!

SuperSailorEarth

...They should add in that 90% completed "Riku" rebattle in a remake. Just sayin.

TepidShark

Awards

Oishii from KH13 said:
A surprise announcement for the 10 year anniversary of the Kingdom Hearts series will be coming.

This was a quote from the Nomura Famitsu interview. My guess as to what this means is either one of two things. Either there is another KH game in the works beyond Dream Drop Distance or HD Remasters of something Kingdom Hearts is on the way.

What do you guys think?

Sora3000

Awards
Is there any hope of remaking KH games for the PS3!?

I hope I am not the only one, but I am really hope that someone will give us on info on any possibility of remaking KH games for the PS3. The one that started it all was made for the PS2. Then the creators of the series thankfully remade CoM for the PS2. Then the sequel was made for the PS2. I currently own a PS3 that plays both PS1 and PS2 games. The creators have got to stop only making KH games for only one gaming platform of each. They need to make them for more than one gaming platform. Or at least they can think about making downloadable versions of those games on the PSN. Please feel free to share your interest in hoping that there will be remakes of KH games for the PS3 and/or the PSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back