• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 Re:MIX Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think there will be a HD release in English?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

billyzanesucks

Re: HD collection on X360?

Companies make many decisions that don't make sense from the outside world (Capcom . . .). They might, and they might not. I would certainly prefer it, seeing how my PS3 is broken. Though we already have multiple threads for this, as well as a stickied topic for HD remasters discussion.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned

Oh jesus christ. You know what kind of topic you have started? We're going to spend the next ten pages, having members like maggosh with his pea-sized brain, explaining why 360 give people cancer, that it made Greece collapse and was responsible for 9/11.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

For a KH HD collection to appear on an Xbox 360 as apposed to the PS3 would be ...just....terrible. There are no words for how stupid that would be...except for "terrible" as I have already stated.

inb4 srz consoles warsez

k99y77

Awards

That wouldn't surprise me because capcom and konami are porting there ps2 titles to the
ps3 AND xbox 360 via the HD collection! to be honest, i wouldn't mind if they did that it will get the series more popular if it went multi-platform.

Last edited:

Digs

That wouldn't surprise me because capcom and konami are porting there ps2 titles to the
ps3 AND xbox 360 via the HD collection! to be honest, i wouldn't mind if they did that it will get the series more popular if it went multi-platform.
RPG's are in a whole other ball park compared to Action Adventure games, Konami and Capcom already have a mass audience waiting for those type of games on Xbox 360 as well as the PS3. RPG's on the other hand, except for Fable maybe, are one of the weakest selling genres on the Xbox 360.
Last time I checked, FFXIII barely sold half as many copies on the Xbox 360 as it did for the PS3.
It's possible a KH HD collection could come out on Xbox 360, but it's not practical.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'm making a official thread for this sh!t since apparently some people have to ask this question everyday. Op, we have like five of these debates going on so please look at the topics before you make a thread.

Shinjuku

Entrapment

Geez man I think you guys are going overboard with this it's just a simple question even though it has been said many times.

To answer the thread it might, but if Square were smart they leave it on PS3 only if for the fact RPG's do better on consoles besides 360.

Key to Truth

Awards

It's possible that it comes out for the 360, however, Mr.SE will think first about the Japanese market, and in Japan Xbox360 doesn't sell much. There are like 10 PS3s for each Xbox360 (Talking about Japan here). So, in the case they released an HD collection they would probably go for a PS3 version.

Odysseus

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight.

Last time I checked, FFXIII barely sold half as many copies on the Xbox 360 as it did for the PS3.
It's possible a KH HD collection could come out on Xbox 360, but it's not practical.

Blegh, I've argued against this so many times...

Yes, FFXIII sold less on the X360, but it sold well enough for it to be considered a practical decision. Comparing it to the sales of the PS3 doesn't show its insignificance in this case, it compliments the sales of the PS3. Most of those 360 sales wouldn't have transferred over to the PS3 sales if the X360 version of the game didn't exist, so it was a + for Square and a smart decision.

Whether or not they'll do it for KH is up in the air, but it certainly wouldn't be impractical.

Vox

Omnipresent Power
Awards

Companies make many decisions that don't make sense from the outside world (Capcom . . .). They might, and they might not. I would certainly prefer it, seeing how my PS3 is broken. Though we already have multiple threads for this, as well as a stickied topic for HD remasters discussion.

^This.

As much as we the fans would love a HD remake, and from our perspective it sounds like a sure fire way to get sales and make money. But These companies IE Capcom as stated above make choices that dont quite make since in the normal marketing world at least not to those of us who arent in it. I dont see a remake happening any time soon.

axel95

Awards

It's possible that it comes out for the 360, however, Mr.SE will think first about the Japanese market, and in Japan Xbox360 doesn't sell much. There are like 10 PS3s for each Xbox360 (Talking about Japan here). So, in the case they released an HD collection they would probably go for a PS3 version.
They could pull a FFXIII where they realease only on the PS3 in Japan and on the 360 and PS3 in the states. I'd be all for that.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: HD Remaster/Remake Discussion Thread

Okay, so you all will notice I merged some threads together. If you want to talk about what system a potential HD collection will go on, keep it in this thread. :)

Digs

Yes, FFXIII sold less on the X360, but it sold well enough for it to be considered a practical decision. Comparing it to the sales of the PS3 doesn't show its insignificance in this case, it compliments the sales of the PS3. Most of those 360 sales wouldn't have transferred over to the PS3 sales if the X360 version of the game didn't exist, so it was a + for Square and a smart decision.

Whether or not they'll do it for KH is up in the air, but it certainly wouldn't be impractical.
Exclusivity carries a lot of weight in video game sales, clearly the sales wouldn't match the Xbox 360 sales 1 to 1 but it would have boosted the PS3 sales a pretty penny. I personally know 23 people who bought the game on Xbox 360 over achievements (somehow they're not the same as trophies...) and party chat, that doesn't count for the rest of the Xbox 360 sales, but it sure shows how simple choosing which platform someone plays it on can get.
There is too much opinion in this debate, too many variables for either of us to be happy in the end.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

With the way Microsoft advertised this game you would of expected more from the 360 sales,they basically made FFXIII look like a 360 exclusive yet the sales are no where near the sales of Ps3,which i barely saw any advertising for.

I really Doubt Microsoft will do the same for Kh.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Gonna throw my two cents in, I think if they do anything along the lines of remastering they should have the original three games.
Kingdom Hearts; Re:Chain of Memories; Kingdom Hearts II. With the first and third games use the Final Mix versions so those of you who haven't even played can get the way Nomura essentially wanted the game to be to begin with.
And if not Re:CoM, just pull a Peace Walker with the latest Metal Gear Solid HD release and upgrade Birth by Sleep, and use the Final Mix version of that one too. (And of course don't forget trophies either for the games).
I think that would sell like hotcakes, but that's just me.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

I don't have a ps3, and I received an xbox360 over the summer, so I wouldn't mind an HD collection on the 360, as long as I don't have to pay for it(Santa if you're lurking this thread add that to my "future wish list") HD would be nice, but its just a gimmick.*ducks for cover* in my opinion.

TepidShark

Awards

With game economics being how they are today, I think at this point every game not made by a console maker should be multiplatform for a worldwide release. Though I would still probably get the PS3 version if it happens, I think it should come to the 360 (& maybe even Wii U) as well.

Also not trying to fan the flames, but FYI the MGS HD Collection is 2 Discs on 360 & 1 Disc on PS3 though quality of visuals seems about the same on both. So if a KH HD Collection was to come out with 3 or 4 games on it, it would probably have to be 2 Discs on 360 & 1 Disc on PS3 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back