• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 Re:MIX Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think there will be a HD release in English?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Re: Kh & the xbox

One kh isn't as popular and well know as FF..2 FF games are stand alone games..you can easily branch out and put them onto different systems.

Three there hasn't been any kh games for the xbox brand in general ..so there really isn't a fanbase for it.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Oh, look. Another one of these threads~

Honestly, there is just no way I can see the HD remasters on the 360 because we've never had a KH game on the 360.
Catch 22 | Define Catch 22 at Dictionary.com

Seriously, that's insane logic. A system can't have a game because it doesn't have a game? How does any system get any games then? It has to start somewhere.

Heck by this reasoning PS3 can't get remasters because it doesn't already have a KH on it.

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards

It is possible, but I don't see it happening. KH just doesn't seem like a game that would fit on XBOX. Then again, I don't know how many successful RPGs are on the XBOX.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Catch 22 | Define Catch 22 at Dictionary.com

Seriously, that's insane logic. A system can't have a game because it doesn't have a game? How does any system get any games then? It has to start somewhere.

Heck by this reasoning PS3 can't get remasters because it doesn't already have a KH on it.

My "insane" logic is that if Nomura and SE had any interest in Microsoft, there would have already been a game for Microsoft systems. We weren't even going to get games on Nintendo systems until Nomura was approached by Nintendo to make a KH game for them.

It seems most logical that Nintendo (Wii-U) and Sony (PS3) have the likelier chance of receiving HD Remasters than Microsoft (360) because of the fact Nomura and SE have made no effort to begin with. That combined with the amount of times people complain about how many systems KH games come out on, it just seems more reasonable to stick to what KH is familiar with.

TepidShark

Awards
Re: HD Remaster/Remake Discussion Thread

Given that it is just Final Fantasy X HD was not Final Fantasy X HD Collection (X & X-2), I have to imagine that if there is some kind of Kingdom Hearts HD thing it will just be Kingdom Hearts 1. That would be disappointing because I happen to like Kingdom Hearts 2 & Birth By Sleep better than Kingdom Hearts 1.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

No. Anytime that video game companies create games that are meant to be used for multiple consoles, they're never as good as they could've been if they were focused entirely on one console. Because when you make something that is meant to fit multiple consoles, you have to change different aspects of the game to make it work on the different console's hardware. But when a company focuses entirely on what they can do with one system, they get a lot more accomplished.

That and of course the fact that the Xbox is basically just a downgraded version of a gaming PC.

Odysseus

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight.

I remember having a heated debate about this a long time ago.

I think it's possible. It's been done with FF, something that would probably have been a system seller by itself, so doing it with a (arguably) less popular series would benefit in terms of sales. Also, the PS3 barely sold a third as much as the PS2 did, so like they did with FF13, they'll probably want to reach out to both consoles to get a boost in sales, something that wasn't necessary last generation, when they could comfortably make a PS2 exclusive knowing very well that over 150 million people owned the console.

This, and I don't have a PS3. I'm very hopeful for KH3 being on the 360 as well.

Janus Q

the possibility is possible, but you have to figure that Sony will go to war with Microsoft if it were even up for discussion. sony lost exclusiveness for FF13 and FF13-2, so you have to figure they will do anything to keep KH from the 360. however you also have to figure that the 360 is one of the more popular consoles in the US (statistics and facts). so Square-Enix might branch more games to the 360 if the fans demand it. however that also means that if KH3 is only on the PS3 then sony can make more money making KH3 bundles with PS3 systems.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

I think multiplatforming is more likely than an entire exclusive game for the Xbox.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

My "insane" logic is that if Nomura and SE had any interest in Microsoft, there would have already been a game for Microsoft systems.
I'd call Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2 & XI "interest"

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

X-Box is fucking grotty. No KH game should have the misfortune for being put onto that crappy system.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

Hmm I hope they do something to compliment for its anniversary. Some sort of amazing preorder bonus.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Hmm I hope they do something to compliment for its anniversary. Some sort of amazing preorder bonus.
"Pre-order this game and unlock this weapon but only once you unlock it in game!"

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

"Pre-order this game and unlock this weapon but only once you unlock it in game!"

Oh god no. That sounds terrible. I was hoping some sort of art collection or figurines.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I completely support a Kingdom Hearts game on Xbox, but only if it's a multi-platform game like Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2. ...so i can buy both copies. (at least if it's on ps3 as well) square, take all of my moneys! D: But seriously, I think it would be an interesting concept and it would open up the series to more players. I don't see how HD remasters could get on Xbox, though, since that's pretty much a Sony thing (at least, I thought it was?) and the console KH games are only on Sony platforms. It wouldn't really make sense for them to be on Xbox, though that might just be me.

But the only problem with KH on Xbox would be that I thought Microsoft stopped selling consoles in Japan or at least are reducing the amount of consoles being sold there. I could be completely wrong, so please do correct me if I am indeed wrong.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Oh god no. That sounds terrible. I was hoping some sort of art collection or figurines.
It's what they did with Final Fantasy XIII-2. Their pre-order bonuses, and DLC, has to be unlocked in game.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

It's what they did with Final Fantasy XIII-2. Their pre-order bonuses, and DLC, has to be unlocked in game.

Freaking Square Enix! Lol. They've gotten more greedy once they discovered downloadable content. =/

Odysseus

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight.

But the only problem with KH on Xbox would be that I thought Microsoft stopped selling consoles in Japan or at least are reducing the amount of consoles being sold there. I could be completely wrong, so please do correct me if I am indeed wrong.

You aren't wrong, Xboxes are being pulled from the shelves, but that wouldn't stop them from releasing it for the Xbox in the West. FF13 was originally a PS3 exclusive in Japan, while it was multiplatform in the West. It wasn't until over a year later where Japan had a collector's edition released for the Xbox.

JustDarkMemories

MAN you guys hate Xbox.

Multiplatforming the KH Series would be great, as our fanbase is growing rapidly. An Xbox won't be different compared to the PS3 version.

*expects argument*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back