• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 Re:MIX Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think there will be a HD release in English?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I personally love CoM/Re:CoM's battle system, and if they did change it I would rage. It's not like adding in a Reaction Command for kH1 that acts as a replacement for the 4th Command -- it's completely changing the entire battle system. And it would feel literally like KH1 all over again. The thing I loved most about CoM was the script and the battle system. The worlds were... Well, I found Re:coded's reusing of world's better.

And I absolutely love the type of Command Deck we've had since BbS, but I don't want that in Re:CoM. Like, at all. I likes my Card System, so...

theirlosthearts

Awards
Don't count your chickens before they hatch. No, Disney doesn't openly scream "Kingdom Hearts" every chance they get, but then again, they don't really do that for Marvel either. Disney focuses on its main properties that are the most recognizable. I'm not saying Kingdom Hearts isn't recognizable, it is just that if they put Sora in the parks (they did once when the first game first came out) many people wouldn't recognize him and the characters in the parks are mostly for the kids. However, Disney has been slowly making KH merchandise over the past year or so. All the Hot Topic merchandise was licensed by Disney and they have made 6 official Kingdom Hearts pins (really nice ones to boot that are actually quite valuable among pin traders I didn't know until recently).

Hmm, yeah, that's true. But I was also thinking of how much more (money) Disney could get out of the KH market. I agree that they haven't completely shunned KH or anything like that. I remember a couple years ago I was looking on Disney's website for KH related stuff, and I noticed an interesting pattern of change in the descriptors for KH games. KH1's description only really talked about the inclusion of Disney characters, but as the games went on, more mention was made of the non-Disney aspects of the games. So, I agree that Disney hasn't totally ignored KH, but I think they could do more and that doing so would make sense from a business perspective. Of course, Disney probably won't easily take the plunge into a new market. Like you said, licensing for Hot Topic and making the pins and not much else so far. Maybe more will come soon. Of course, why take a risk when you have easy money coming in from so many other places and can afford to wait enough to test the waters?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The forum now cuts off large images so it doesn't stretch the page. You're gonna have to reduce the size.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Hmm, yeah, that's true. But I was also thinking of how much more (money) Disney could get out of the KH market. I agree that they haven't completely shunned KH or anything like that. I remember a couple years ago I was looking on Disney's website for KH related stuff, and I noticed an interesting pattern of change in the descriptors for KH games. KH1's description only really talked about the inclusion of Disney characters, but as the games went on, more mention was made of the non-Disney aspects of the games. So, I agree that Disney hasn't totally ignored KH, but I think they could do more and that doing so would make sense from a business perspective. Of course, Disney probably won't easily take the plunge into a new market. Like you said, licensing for Hot Topic and making the pins and not much else so far. Maybe more will come soon. Of course, why take a risk when you have easy money coming in from so many other places and can afford to wait enough to test the waters?

Well, Disney's always tried to market to a western public pretty heavily. That's why they didnt do a huge amount with Ghibli's films, and the same reason they dont do much with these games without Square. These games are japanese, and Japanese stuff in North America is usually a niche market, moreso than little girls wanting to be princesses. I personally follow Walt's ideals to make things for everyone and market them for *everyone*.

Now, for the card system. I dont mind the card deck and the battles, really. The room card requirements are a pain though. I just dont wanna have to do that much in the last few floors.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Fake English trailer

I didn't make this.

[video=youtube;iUdLr-hK6Fg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUdLr-hK6Fg&feature=g-u-u[/video]

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I wondered how long it would take for someone to make this *u*

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
^just a couple hours, probably. The video was already made, they just had to separate the voice tracks from the rest. Granted, there was apparent music replacement too.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
That wasn't even a question xD

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
^I dont really get what *u* means. If it's sarcasm, it's kinda hard to tell without prior knowledge of that. That's new to me, and the words I wonder. Normally, that's not a question but a statement of inquiry.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
^I dont really get what *u* means. If it's sarcasm, it's kinda hard to tell without prior knowledge of that. That's new to me, and the words I wonder. Normally, that's not a question but a statement of inquiry.
*u* is a happy face smile....

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

If I might make a suggestion.

Only answer something like a question if it ends in a question mark. Like this:

That work for you?

Otherwise you end up backpedaling much as it appears you are, simply because you took something to be a question though it was in no way shape or form a question.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Emoticons bro~

If you phrased this sentence differently, it'd probably be along the lines of "I was waiting for someone to make this!"

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
If I might make a suggestion.

Only answer something like a question if it ends in a question mark. Like this:

That work for you?

Otherwise you end up backpedaling much as it appears you are, simply because you took something to be a question though it was in no way shape or form a question.

Well, I was just trying to add to the conversation, and people make the biggest typos these days. Backpeddling, I may be, but I look too deeply into things sometimes. It was a matter of perception more than understanding.

Emoticons bro~

If you phrased this sentence differently, it'd probably be along the lines of "I was waiting for someone to make this!"

Alright, but it wasnt nearly so common a couple weeks ago. Emoticons are always changing, and not everybody's the first person other than the creator to know what each new one means.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
^Well, it hasnt come to my attention on any of the sites I've been to in the last couple years, and this is one of them. And I've been to a shitload of them. Maybe not all the same places you've been, but that emoticon's relatively uncommon or rather rarely posted. Believe me, I feel like an idiot sometimes for not knowing these things, but.......oh well, it doesnt matter.

I have aspergers, so I took the rest of your post literally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back