• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 Re:MIX Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think there will be a HD release in English?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I like them using the Re:CoM model of Ansem SoD for 1.5. It might be easier and more consistent to use that model for both KH1 and Re:CoM rather than having to change both to another model that was used on a different system.

Ranko

I wonder if they'll alter Deep Dive. Like clearly show Roxas' face in it since they don't need to worry about spoilers anymore.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Probably not.
But that ending probably won't even be in the game.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They wouldn't alter it. I can see both of them in the collection. "Deep Dive" and "Another Side, Another Story". That was the other part of the game that gave everybody chills and made us all hype over getting a super dark KH game (that never happened xD).

It is a huge nostalgic moment when I remember the rain drops, the zooming of words, the sound of Keyblades slashing Neo Shadows, the heart appearing around the hooded blond haired guy, the clouds parting with a meteor shower visible and Riku looking up at the sky with a smirk while taking his blindfold off, all of the lines that actually end up in KH2, "Where's Sora?", the glowing gold eye, Mickey being badass, the strange hooded man on the beach saying "He looks just like you." and then Sora sailing over the rocky ocean. And the long-haired Kairi on the beach. And Memory's Skyscraper. And the music. ;A; If I don't get that in this game I will be soooo sad and angry. xD

Like, I'd be hyped all over again for KH2.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
crotchshakingaxel.gif

tumblr_m9evztxqPs1qjr3g7o1_500.gif

Honestly hoping that it is all Days cutscenes made into HD. It's the only way things can be perfect.

well, at least I dont need to ask what the Oppa is. lol

I was joking xD (except for the tan part because tan =/= evil :<)

Still, the dark skin makes him look more powerful. Like power of darkness powerful.

In general, I think they've been tryingto make this version brighter. fewer shadows-meaning fewer children are "scared" in the minds of a few people, whitewashed villain, Political Correction?

Last edited:

JustSnilloc

So I saw this asked elsewhere and figured I'd ask here as well, how would you guys feel if they removed the card system in the Re: CoM portion of the game?

---

I personally would be relieved, Here's my issue with the card system...

In every single other kingdom hearts game, whenever you see a Shadow (heartless) you simply run up to it, hit it a few times and move on... In CoM however, you hit one, switch to a makeshift battleground, defeat it, defeat 3 more waves of enemies, wait for the battle to end, get a random card, and then you use said random cards to go through pointless extra rooms that serve no purpose (other than leveling)

I would much prefer some twisted memory based versions of the worlds that you "visit" in CoM as opposed to playing through the game again (the same way)

pumpkinhead

Awards
Website
last.fm
So I saw this asked elsewhere and figured I'd ask here as well, how would you guys feel if they removed the card system in the Re: CoM portion of the game?

---

In every single other kingdom hearts game, whenever you see a Shadow (heartless) you simply run up to it, hit it a few times and move on... In CoM however, you hit one, switch to a makeshift battleground, defeat it, defeat 3 more waves of enemies, wait for the battle to end, get a random card, and then you use said random cards to go through pointless extra rooms that serve no purpose (other than leveling)

I would much prefer some twisted memory based versions of the worlds that you "visit" in CoM as opposed to playing through the game again (the same way)

I wouldn't mind either.
Well, Re:Com never came out in Europe anyway, but I have tried out the system. It was pretty difficult for me, or maybe I just weren't used to it.

Though the game has yet to be announced for the West, Disney has teased a "big title" is on the way.

Something I found on IGN. Nothing official obviously, I think the new title is expected to be released here eventually anyway so it's not like it's anything new.

But I thought it was worth bringing up, since I can't really think of any big titles of Disney's besides KH.
Thoughts? I didn't see a thread for it, sorry if one's already been made.

Last edited by a moderator:

Decrith

---

I honestly don't like the idea, if that were the case, it would be KH1 all over again save the scenes in between each world. I prefer to have different experiences when it comes to playing games.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Though the game has yet to be announced for the West, Disney has teased a "big title" is on the way.

Something I found on IGN. Nothing official obviously, I think the new title is expected to be released here eventually anyway so it's not like it's anything new.

But I thought it was worth bringing up, since I can't really think of any big titles of Disney's besides KH.
Honestly, the first mention of the March release was done by this website. I've looked at all three of their sources and none of them state anything about a March release. And IGN is not helping. IGN can not be trusted, really, especially about them posting that the rumour of Versus XIII being cancelled was truth.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Honestly, the first mention of the March release was done by this website. I've looked at all three of their sources and none of them state anything about a March release. And IGN is not helping. IGN can not be trusted, really, especially about them posting that the rumour of Versus XIII being cancelled was truth.

Don't remind me, that was hell on earth.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

---

See, here's the thing. The cards aren't just to mix up the battle system; they're story relevant. Attacks in Castle Oblivion are governed by the cards, and so is everything else. Use the cards to your advantage, and it'll be easy. Don't and your stay in the castle will be quite difficult.

If they removed the card system, they'd have to substantially change the storyline to follow suit. Plus, I find the card system works well in 3D as opposed to the 2D of the original.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards

---

I'd be indifferent is they removed the card system. I've only played the GBA version but on there I found it annoying. It was okay once you got used to it but I prefer the other battle systems they use. After not playing for a while, I found it hard to get back into the card system... I might actually like it on the PS3 though, if that will make it any different.

I did like switching battle scenes though, usually I hate games that do that but in COM I found it alright. I'm just glad that they did incorporate that into any other KH games. XD

I doubt it's the HD collection, only because I seem to have the idea that Disney doesn't really care about KH.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

As others have said, I'd be kind of indifferent. I never thought that the card system was that taxing, I mean, once you get towards the end it just becomes a matter of how fast you can throw Mega Flare out lol xP Also, it provides a nice detour from the usual battle system. The only thing I don't like so much is the room format being identical on every floor with just visual differences. That does get boring :( but I'll deal.

This is my reasoning too. Why won't Disney just realize how awesome KH is? >_<

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. No, Disney doesn't openly scream "Kingdom Hearts" every chance they get, but then again, they don't really do that for Marvel either. Disney focuses on its main properties that are the most recognizable. I'm not saying Kingdom Hearts isn't recognizable, it is just that if they put Sora in the parks (they did once when the first game first came out) many people wouldn't recognize him and the characters in the parks are mostly for the kids. However, Disney has been slowly making KH merchandise over the past year or so. All the Hot Topic merchandise was licensed by Disney and they have made 6 official Kingdom Hearts pins (really nice ones to boot that are actually quite valuable among pin traders I didn't know until recently).

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
... there's two Saixs in that gif.

Maybe one can be Saix and one can be Isa? XD

JustSnilloc said:

I would not mind the removal of the card system, but I do not see them removing it at all considering the importance of the cards. I am fine with the card system overall.

JustSnilloc

they'd have to substantially change the storyline to follow suit.

A command deck filled with cards (abilities) would make much more since, imo... It'd be a replacement for that system while still keeping it as a story element

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back