• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 Re:MIX Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think there will be a HD release in English?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRoadToDawn

Re: HD Remaster/Remake Discussion Thread

I feel the same way you do about the Versus release date well, being released haha, but I think it might also be announced at the FF 25th Anniversery thing that is just a few days before TGS.

BTW I love your sig

Haha thanks xD, and yea at the FF 25th anniversary I also see Versus being revealed there and also an announcement of XIII 3.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I hope the HD Remake INCLUDES Final Mix even though its unlikely.

You know, I'm not entirely sure that its unlikely, I mean to some extent, yes, they could just remaster exactly what the US already had, but there isn't all that much FM content total if you think about it that would take years to translate considering they wouldn't have to change any gameplay things since that is already set in stone. The reason why I think the FMs have a good chance is not only because of people asking for them for ages but also because if they included the FM content in a Jap. remaster and not a US one, there would be hell to pay...lots of it, and there are story points in the FM that the US never got (Secret Episode, Xemnas talking to armor, Chambers, etc.) so this would be a good chance to reveal to people who don't go online searching this stuff up about it before KH3.

LMNOP

You know, I'm not entirely sure that its unlikely, I mean to some extent, yes, they could just remaster exactly what the US already had, but there isn't all that much FM content total if you think about it that would take years to translate considering they wouldn't have to change any gameplay things since that is already set in stone. The reason why I think the FMs have a good chance is not only because of people asking for them for ages but also because if they included the FM content in a Jap. remaster and not a US one, there would be hell to pay...lots of it, and there are story points in the FM that the US never got (Secret Episode, Xemnas talking to armor, Chambers, etc.) so this would be a good chance to reveal to people who don't go online searching this stuff up about it before KH3.

Yeah I think there is a good chance we get the FM's in NA and Eu, mainly because its not like they have to do much. There is no voice acting in the Final Mix's so they only have to make it HD haha.

Id love to finally get to fight Terra in KH2 thats for sure.

Digs

Unless they personally put up money to make the ones on DS and 3DS, Nintendo has zero hold over them.

It is the same idea as EA's partners program. EA puts out the game but because EA didn't spend money on making it, they don't own the game.
I've been looking forward to saying this the whole time I've been back reading these last couple pages, but you got to it first. =)

Just to add though, barely, Nintendo has next to zilch to say where the handheld Kingdom Hearts titles end up in the future. Even if they did Sony and Nintendo aren't exactly at war here, unlike how the two Japan based companies feel towards Microsoft, both have expressed great respect for one another which I'd imagine wouldn't take more than a Ps3 + WiiU exclusive collection deal to settle things if Nintendo did start a fuss over somethings that's out of their control.

That's just the legal side, realistically I don't see the amount of effort coming from Square, not knocking the teams responsible for Kingdom Hearts, only the company itself. They're not far from Capcom status as far as destroying their flagship IP's go, Kingdom Hearts has somehow been above most of what Square has been selling these days.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Yeah I think there is a good chance we get the FM's in NA and Eu, mainly because its not like they have to do much. There is no voice acting in the Final Mix's so they only have to make it HD haha.

There is most certainly voice acting in the Final Mix's.

I hope the HD Remake INCLUDES Final Mix even though its unlikely.

If an HD Collection is announced it will almost certainly be the Final Mix's. Square has literally no excuse. Every other HD Collection included the 'best' version of their respective games, so why wouldn't a KH HD Collection do the same? More people would buy it, that's for sure.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

I assume/hope you mean there is no "new" voice acting that would need to be done in the FM's, but even if that is what you meant you are mistake. Even though the dialogue is mostly in English, there are multiple cutscenes within the FM's that were added and therefore have no English voice acting yet. So they would need to record those lines at least. I think the only FM that didn't add new spoken dialogue was the first one, I know they added a couple scenes but I think they are all speech bubble.

LMNOP

I assume/hope you mean there is no "new" voice acting that would need to be done in the FM's, but even if that is what you meant you are mistake. Even though the dialogue is mostly in English, there are multiple cutscenes within the FM's that were added and therefore have no English voice acting yet. So they would need to record those lines at least. I think the only FM that didn't add new spoken dialogue was the first one, I know they added a couple scenes but I think they are all speech bubble.
Oh I came under the impression that the Final Mix sections didnt have any voice acting. But now that Ive looked back it appears that they do. My mistake

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I think the only FM that didn't add new spoken dialogue was the first one, I know they added a couple scenes but I think they are all speech bubble.
Well, they cut and paste dialogue that Sora previously used.[video=youtube;pbH4hCw0u4M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbH4hCw0u4M[/video]

MrX867

In KH DDD there is a secret message and to be honest in my opinion it seems to hint towards an HD collection.

The message is as follows:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

And here is whate I think the message means:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

This is wrong, KH1 FM did in fact add a few scenes that had no spoken dialogue which were not speech bubbled. I am 99% certain that Riku talking to Mickey in the Realm of Darkness is not speech bubble.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

This is wrong, KH1 FM did in fact add a few scenes that had no spoken dialogue which were not speech bubbled. I am 99% certain that Riku talking to Mickey in the Realm of Darkness is not speech bubble.

Oh okay, my apologies. I have never seen/heard of that scene, I don't actually have the 1st Final Mix but I thought I had seen all the extra scenes. Then I guess they all have scenes that need to be recorded.

Oh I came under the impression that the Final Mix sections didnt have any voice acting. But now that Ive looked back it appears that they do. My mistake

I assume its because when you play through the actual game the new scenes are "silent" because it would be weird to play the Japanese scenes immediately following the English scenes, but they are fully voice acted in Japanese in the Theater. Simple mistake, idk the way you worded it though made it sound like you thought the entire FM was not voice acted at all :p

Last edited:

nphfreak17

Re: Hooray for the HD release...or not.

I think there will definitely be remakes for both japanese and english. But they will probably be in like a 2 for 1 combo since they were already out for ps3. they'll probably release them in between KH3 and 3D

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

y'know what would be cool except for Riku and Sora? Is if the Final Mix scenes and battles got English Voices for this release.

Most of the actors shouldnt have a hard time returning. Just keep Enigmatic Man and Vanitas silent.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I wonder if they would edit the capes to add more continuity... maybe they would either change the KH2 FM secret ending and Lingering Sentiment Battle and get rid of the capes, or they would just add them into Birth by Sleep. They should add them back in, IMO.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

I wonder if they would edit the capes to add more continuity... maybe they would either change the KH2 FM secret ending and Lingering Sentiment Battle and get rid of the capes, or they would just add them into Birth by Sleep. They should add them back in, IMO.

I would love it if they added the capes back into BBS.

Mana

If this happens...I would ONLY play it....if it was the Final Mix's that get HD remastered. I find no reason for the original versions to be remastered...with all that extra important stuff cut out....it makes no sense. The only KH games I recognize is the Final Mix's. I never ever play the US versions of the games anymore. Unless the game doesn't get a Final Mix then that's ok. But if it ends up having one then I normally ignore the US version after playing it. Whether it's translated or not.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

Wasn't the reason why didn't add capes was because of technical limitations?

Mana

I don't know. I didn't read anything about them taking out capes at all, let alone a reason behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back