• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 Re:MIX Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think there will be a HD release in English?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Re: Kh & the xbox

Kojima has wanted the MGS series on more consoles for years now.

True, but there is a chance of a collection (no matter how small or big it is) appearing on the 360.

Isn't FFvXIII an exclusive because Nomura is a little against Xbox development?

I would say that he is less against the xbox, but rather that he heavily invested in developing it for the Playstation 3. Versus has Crystal Tools, Luminous and an unnamed engine powering Versus XIII. It's a total nightmare having these three engines for one console, never mind two.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

True, but there is a chance of a collection (no matter how small or big it is) appearing on the 360.

I think it's far more likely for a KH HD collection to be cross-platform between PS3 and Vita than to gave an Xbox version, though.

Remember, Final Fantasy X HD doesn't have an Xbox version, as far as we know. And I suspect this is a technical consideration as much as a business one - I can't remember if Sony's ever claimed to provide tools for HD remakes of PS2 games, but it's highly likely that they do given that they have transfer tools for PSP transfers. Making an Xbox version could be a considerably larger expense with a significantly smaller expected return. If they're not doing a full remake, they're probably just looking for the easiest money.

I would say that he is less against the xbox, but rather that he heavily invested in developing it for the Playstation 3. Versus has Crystal Tools, Luminous and an unnamed engine powering Versus XIII. It's a total nightmare having these three engines for one console, never mind two.

Remember, though, Crystal Tools is already multiplatform, and Luminous almost certainly is as well. Versus's engine appears to be an optimized variant of Crystal Tools, though, and that bit seems to have been crafted to PS3 specs. Nomura's investment in PS3 likely is mostly the work done to customize that engine, with another part being design elements that would be difficult to transfer over (such as non-linear storytelling without constant disc swapping or architecture-specific design tradeoffs that wouldn't transfer over well).

Digs

Ikkin handled this pretty well. I ditto him.

That makes a little more sense. From the gameplay we've seen so far it seems like worthwhile investment, finally an RPG with an engine that rivals Uncharted in detail.

What do you guys mean a collection for the 360? A game pak or something?
Konami/Kojima productions are releasing an HD collection for the PS3 and Xbox 360 that has Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, and Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker to run in HD. Just like FFX HD but in a collection on one disc, maybe two for Xbox.

Last edited:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I think it's far more likely for a KH HD collection to be cross-platform between PS3 and Vita than to gave an Xbox version, though.

I have to disagree. Putting on the Vita would require SE to remap the games because the Vita is missing L2 or R2. Yes, there is always the touch pad, but that is even if SE would choose to use it. The Xbox on the other hand, already has a controller that has the same format as the PS3 (minus a switched D-pad an joystick).

Ikkin

Bronze Member

I have to disagree. Putting on the Vita would require SE to remap the games because the Vita is missing L2 or R2. Yes, there is always the touch pad, but that is even if SE would choose to use it. The Xbox on the other hand, already has a controller that has the same format as the PS3 (minus a switched D-pad an joystick).

I think remapping L2 and R2 to the back touchpad is much less difficult to do than porting the entire game to a system that doesn't have convenient Sony-provided tools to help out. They'll probably remap KH1 anyway, because the right stick is far more convenient for camera control, and I can't remember using those buttons at all in KH2.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

KH2 didn't really use L2/R2 anyway. KH1 only used them for camera instead of right stick.

kupo1121

Awards

I think remapping L2 and R2 to the back touchpad is much less difficult to do than porting the entire game to a system that doesn't have convenient Sony-provided tools to help out. They'll probably remap KH1 anyway, because the right stick is far more convenient for camera control, and I can't remember using those buttons at all in KH2.

The only thing I fear with the touchpad is that it forces one to hold the PSP in a way that is uncomfortable to some. I read in an impression of the Vita that it was uncomfortable to hold it due to the touchpad, and when I hold the PSP without placing my hands in the middle, it hurts -__- I just hope that they don't force me to hold the Vita that way if they use the touchpad.

Digs

I read in an impression of the Vita that it was uncomfortable to hold it due to the touchpad, and when I hold the PSP without placing my hands in the middle, it hurts -__- I just hope that they don't force me to hold the Vita that way if they use the touchpad.
It all depends on how you hold your handhelds, I've heard rumors of the Vita being comfy and others saying it's just plain hard to handle. I myself slightly curl my fingers on the back on my controllers and handhelds, I have trouble hold my DSlite because of it, but with the Vita being closer to the PSP fat in size helps also. Besides, if there's ever a problem with it I'm sure a third party peripherals company with make a case for the Vita to make it a little more comfy.

kupo1121

Awards

It all depends on how you hold your handhelds, I've heard rumors of the Vita being comfy and others saying it's just plain hard to handle. I myself slightly curl my fingers on the back on my controllers and handhelds, I have trouble hold my DSlite because of it, but with the Vita being closer to the PSP fat in size helps also. Besides, if there's ever a problem with it I'm sure a third party peripherals company with make a case for the Vita to make it a little more comfy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there is already a peripheral that tries to solve that problem by making the Vita similar to a controller...but then again, I could very well be wrong.

billyzanesucks

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there is already a peripheral that tries to solve that problem by making the Vita similar to a controller...but then again, I could very well be wrong.
Never heard of something like that before. Nope . . .

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Uh, isn't that for the 3DS?

Digs

I haven't heard anything about that myself, the closest I can recall would be Sony announcing the Vita can possibly be used as a controller for the PS3.
Could even amount to something along the lines of the Wii U controller.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

Vita as a controller?

Bonking rich people.

Well, Sony already showed at an expo that you could continue playing a PS3 game on your Vita. That's the reason for me that the WiiU isn't that original. I like Nintendo's innovation but they were talking about that concept when Sony was doing something like that too. But then again, Sony did that with motion control too so yeah xD

Digs

Don't worry, I doubt it'll be used anymore than the PSP was with the PS3.
A feature like that is a tough sell that hardly even an in-house Sony studio would risk.
It'll be completely optional, that's Sony's new thing with controllers and add-ons.

JustDarkMemories

Well, Sony already showed at an expo that you could continue playing a PS3 game on your Vita. That's the reason for me that the WiiU isn't that original. I like Nintendo's innovation but they were talking about that concept when Sony was doing something like that too. But then again, Sony did that with motion control too so yeah xD
Original? You can't talk about originality here, they're both of the same generation (Vita & Wii U) so it's the same inspiration on both sides.

Because they simply come out at the same time (approximately).

billyzanesucks

Are you talking about Transfarring? From what I've heard, that's purely a Konami concept. Plus, I think Transfarring and the Wii U were both revealed around the same time.

kupo1121

Awards

Vita as a controller?

Bonking rich people.

Just saying...I kind of think it would be cool if they released KH BbSv2 on the PS3 and then allowed it to be transferred to the PS Vita...or just released them on both systems, but those who got on the PS3 could transfer it and take it around.

Also, no, I wasn't talking about the 3DS one...but I know about that one...well, they are probably going to make one for the Vita anyways...it is bound to happen.

masterwarner

Banned
HD collection on X360?

I've been trying to play KH1 for awhile now but it looks like crap on my hdtv and my ps2 is on it's last half of a leg. I read a few weeks ago that Square wants to do some "tech test" for the series? I would go out and buy a ps3 to wait for this plus kh3 (unless it ends up on the ps4) but I need to start saving for a car so it would set me back. I have an x360 but I'd never sell it because of Halo haha.

I know Square went multi-platform with FF13 so what are the odds an HD collection ends up on the Xbox? KH has been on gba, mobile and now the 3ds so I don't see why Xbox would be a problem. Plus it sells so many more copies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back