• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX will have PS4 Pro Support

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

UPDATE: We can confirm, via Square Enix, that Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX runs in 4K resolution at 60 frames per second (FPS) during gameplay on the PlayStation®4 Pro system.

With only two months left until Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX launches on PlayStation 4 worldwide, details on some of the updates and changes are still scarce. Tetsuya Nomura has confirmed that trophies will be tweaked from the original PlayStation 3 release and the collection will release on one disc with each game featuring 60fps gameplay. And now, it's clear that the upcoming collection will have PlayStation 4 Pro support.

The official hardware list for PlayStation 4 Pro support contains a listing for Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX, which is unsurprising due to Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, which released earlier this month, having Pro support as well.

Source: Andrefpvs via NeoGAF.

We reviewed Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, which you can read here. Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts!  

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
on the ps4 pro version, sora's merman nips will be fully rendered 3d models, not simple textures

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Starting to smell like there'll be no cross-save with the PS3 verions. Oh well. I guess any game worth playing once, is worth playing a second time, right? (sobs)

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Give me downsampling.. Just do it!!

raw

hlc1988

Awards
Will these look any different to the PS3 versions? Will we be able to notice much change?

kingsoraful

Awards
Will these look any different to the PS3 versions? Will we be able to notice much change?

According to a person that played the demo, you can tell a difference in Kingdom Hearts 1.5 for sure. Not sure about the others.

I'm looking forward to all the new themes we'll get.

dwroxas16

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Can anyone that has 1.5+2.5 help me out. I'm just curious if the Pro support is THAT much better than the original PS4. I still have my Launch day PS4, which I thought worked fine with 0.2 except for some loading delays, but does anyone think these titles are worth rushing out to exchange my PS4 for a PS4 pro?

Recon

Art of War
Awards

dbG33K

Since the above mentioned thread is now closed, I cannot comment on it, so I'll comment here. I have a PS4 Pro and a 4K monitor, so the KH games on PS4 definitely DO benefit from being on PS4 Pro. 4K at 60fps is glorious! That said, (again looking only at the KH games) the Pro isn't worth it if you don't have a 4K display or do but don't care about the graphics. All versions support the 60fps.

For a newcomer, I would definitely recommend the Pro, since now that it has been out for some time, most games are optimized for the Pro and perform better on it. Sometimes that means better visuals even on a 1080p screen, or better framerates, or sometimes both!

For someone who already has an OG PS4, it's a tougher choice. If you really value graphics and performance, go for it! New games almost always perform/look better on the the Pro compared to standard. If that matters to you, then you'd enjoy the Pro. Plus it comes with more storage, faster storage (since it supports SATA3 connection), and it's more future-proof, in case you ever decide to upgrade to 4K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back