• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 Coming to Playstation 4!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Xickin said:
I really do hope they will fix the problems they had in the previous releases.
I hope so, too, so it's a little more than just a cash-in. I’ll probably wait until the price comes waaay down like I plan to with 2.8.

Replica

Even if the trophies are shared between the PS3 and PS4 versions, I'd probably still attempt to 100% KH1 and KH2 again because I just love those games. I would probably give up at the Org. XIII data battles and Lingering Will though. I beat them both in Critical mode on the PS3 version, so IDK if I wanna subject myself to that torture again. And I still haven't technically platted KH1FM and KH2FM on PS3 because of the Gummi Missions. I don't have any real desire to plat Re:CoM or BBS.

appleboy82791

Awards
Appleboy; I'm just a frugal sort. I usually only get a game ONCE unless the company gives me a good reason to buy it again.

Case in point; I'm getting 2.8 EVEN THOUGH I have DDD because of what comes with it (Not for DDD itself though). (I also bought FF3 twice, but that was because the DS version could not be 100%ed after they killed the internet support for the DS, so I bought the PC version when a certain raid in FFXIV gave me the itch to play it again) At this point, there's no good reason (extra content, etc) for me to buy Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5. I think some feel the same way. The only reason I'd buy it at this point is if my PS3 died, which I don't see it doing for years, if that.

And it's okay to want every version of the game though! That's you.

Tho yeah, I'm going to be excited to tell the friend, "No you don't have to buy a PS3 anymore for KH unless there's some PS3 games other than those collections that you want to play". She's going to love saving the money!

Yeah I know what you mean. I completely understand why a lot of people aren't going to get it. That's fine. I'm just expressing my excitement.

Rael_Oblivion

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!!!! I CAN PLAY THE FINAL MIXES!!! AND BBS FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Kingdom Hearts on PS2, PS3 and now PS4?

2cf08ed03c2d445cb4020e099a724c14.png

1460144883e441e9a198f8f9efd38139.png

What a time to be alive.

dbG33K

So, 60fps has been confirmed, but what about 1080p? If I recall, the PS3 remixes were not 1080, correct?

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Things that would convince me to buy this:
1) Expanded cinematics for Days and Coded, more boss fights and Disney world scenes for Days.
2) Whatever this cross-save function everyone is talking about, they better include it. I worked way too hard at the PS3 Remixes to do it all over again.
3) Keep it simple. No bloated $300 collector's addition.
4) This is a personal thing and would never happen, but an option to have the original title screens for KHFM and KH2FM would be so nice. I want my Soras on the beach back. :(

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Good thing I guess. Won't be buying them since my PS3 versions are good enough. But it was obvious this would happen at some point, good that they're getting it out of the way finally.

NeoshadowXC

1.5+2.5 = 4 -- should they just call this disc Kingdom Hearts 4?!

In all seriousness, part of me is actually disappointed-- despite the fact that this will probably be 1 $60 purchase instead of 2. I would very much like to have all the separate box arts. I'm very worried about what this new cover is going to look like.

Also, I can almost visualize it now. A menu screen where you choose between 1.5 and 2.5, then another menu screen where you choose between the 3 games on that disc, then ANOTHER menu screen for that game. Menuception.

Alpha Sonix

1.5+2.5 = 4 -- should they just call this disc Kingdom Hearts 4?!

In all seriousness, part of me is actually disappointed-- despite the fact that this will probably be 1 $60 purchase instead of 2. I would very much like to have all the separate box arts. I'm very worried about what this new cover is going to look like.

Also, I can almost visualize it now. A menu screen where you choose between 1.5 and 2.5, then another menu screen where you choose between the 3 games on that disc, then ANOTHER menu screen for that game. Menuception.

I'd love it if they completely redesigned the main menu so that it was like some kind of interactive art showing the evolution of the series. That would be pretty neat.

Also, I think the 60FPS and possible faster loading times for the Drive Forms and D-Links are worth it for me. Also with the concert in London a few days earlier, this is going to be an amazing March to look forward to.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
lol And combined with the long loading screens, prepare for pain.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I rather imagine it being like with FF X / X-2 HD, where you have one menu to choose between the games included.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
One thing that would make me buy this would be dual audio. The chances of it happening are probably really low since we've never gotten it before, but I have a feeling that it might be a possibility for KH3 so... it's not completely impossible there would be maybe a DLC or something for this as well. If I could replay all KH games with the original audio I'd buy this.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
One thing that would make me buy this would be dual audio. The chances of it happening are probably really low since we've never gotten it before, but I have a feeling that it might be a possibility for KH3 so... it's not completely impossible there would be maybe a DLC or something for this as well. If I could replay all KH games with the original audio I'd buy this.

Actually I hope we'll be getting the original music.
For FF X / X-2 HD, the PS4 version had the original soundtrack included alongside the remastered versions. I'd love that for KH.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I'll buy this. I'm still playing through some of 2.5 (I'll have it done before 2.8), but I'll still grab this. I have purchased every single North American Kingdom Hearts release, and I still own them all (I even have my Chain of Memories GBA box still).

My only thing is PLEASE GOD LET THE PS3 AND PS4 SHARE TROPHY LISTS! I am a trophy hunter, and I never EVER want to get Re:CoM's bullshit plat again! I am the kind of trophy hunter that DOESN'T want to double dip the trophies. Cross-save be damned, just please spare me 6 more CoM playthrough.

appleboy82791

Awards
Actually I hope we'll be getting the original music.
For FF X / X-2 HD, the PS4 version had the original soundtrack included alongside the remastered versions. I'd love that for KH.

You're opinion on this is actually kind of surprising to me. I didn't think anyone like the original soundtrack. The original soundtrack was just crappy synthetic sounds because the PS2 couldn't handle anything better. I love the actual audio way better. It's actually orchestral recordings. The way I see it, the remastered version is the way it was always intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back