• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 Coming to Playstation 4!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Kingdom Hearts series producer Shinji Hashimoto announced during a presentation at Paris Games Week that the two previously released remasters featuring several Kingdom Hearts games will be ported to the Playstation 4.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5 ReMIX will be available March 9th in Japan, March 28th in North America, and March 31st 2017 in Europe!!

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5 ReMIX will feature 60fps, much like Dream Drop Distance HD in Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue. Both Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMIX and Kingdom Hearts 2.5 ReMIX will fit onto one disc.

The series being entirely available on one system means those who were initially put off from playing the series before can finally jump in and experience the entire Kingdom Hearts saga. Here's a short summary of what you will be getting when Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX launch on PS4:

In Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD, Sora is a happy go-lucky 14 year old living on Destiny islands with his best friends, Riku and Kairi. One day his island is destroyed and he finds himself with a giant key called the Keyblade which vanquishes beasts known as the Heartless. Teaming up with Donald Duck and Goofy, the trio travel from world to world to find their friends.

Sora, Donald, and Goofy are making their way through endless fields when they find themselves walking into a gigantic castle filled with trickery and deciet in Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories HD. With cards being the only way forward, Sora must battle numourous foes to get to the bottom of a mystery unlike any other while Riku searches for the truth within himself with the help of an unexpected ally.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days HD is a cinematic retelling of a year in the life of Roxas, a Nobody who is brought into Organization XIII. He and his best friends Axel and Xion learn a lot about the Heart, emotions, and the complexities of life as the story features to a thrilling conclusion that leads right into Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX.

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix HD takes place one year after Kingdom Hearts. Sora is now 15 and is still looking for Riku and Kairi. On top of that, Organization XIII is putting their plans into motion. With the worlds in jeopardy again it's up to Sora, Donald, and Goofy to restore the light.

Like many sagas, the Kingdom Hearts series features a prequel entry to fill in the gaps in the series lore. Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix HD takies place 10 years prior to Sora's first adventure. During this time there were three weilders who's fates were changed forever when Master Xehanort put his plan into resurrecting the χ-blade and retrieving Kingdom Hearts in motion.

And finally Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded HD Cinematics takes place after Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix HD where bugs have invaded Jiminy Cricket's Journal. A digital Sora is tasked with traveling through the Journal to discover the source of the bugs while facing Pete and Maleficent. Re:Coded HD organises the important information from previous games and lines everything up before launching you into Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 Coming to Playstation 4!

I hate myself for saying this, but I'm so gonna get those on day 1. Feels like a waste of money on one hand, but on the other...<br>I really hope they'll fix the glitch problems though.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

This is fantastic news for everyone that missed out. It's a smart move. Unsure if I'll purchase, as I just spent my entire summer replaying the whole series. I'm not sure if it'll be worth it for me, but this is excellent news, especially for those who transitioned over from Xbox in the past or just missed the series in general. It is a few days after my birthday though...

Also, I wonder what this means for KH3's release if anything. It could totally be nothing, but having this and 2.8 come out in the same year as KH3 doesn't seem plausible. I'd imagine this is at least in part being released in order to hold fans over until 2018.

Muke

whatever
Awards

This is my favorite day of 2016. :'(

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards

I'm glad it's finally coming, but why did they cut the life stream during this presentation? Is there any more info?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Holy shit, you guys have no idea how long this article has been sitting waiting to be published. I think ever since E3 2015 it's been bumped up every event but never published lol.

So glad it's finally out there in the open, and I'm relieved to be able to play Kingdom Hearts again <3

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I'm probably getting that version as well, although it does feel like a little waste of money now to have got the PS3 versions, lol.

What's with the trophies? If you have them already in the PS3 variant will they be recognized or do you need to/can earn them anew in the PS4 port?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD It's finally happening! :) I'll finally be able to play the ReMixes on my PS4~

But it looks like they aren't coming to the Switch...

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards

Probably won't buy it unless it's a super cheap price. Already played through all the games I wanted to play.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

I'm probably getting that version as well, although it does feel like a little waste of money now to have got the PS3 versions, lol.

What's with the trophies? If you have them already in the PS3 variant will they be recognized or do you need to/can earn them anew in the PS4 port?

You keep them. They count together for both systems. If you already got a platinum, you can't get another one.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

1.5 and 2.5 on PS4

Sora DLC for World of Final Fantasy

FFXV Omen trailer

Litten's final evolution confirmed Fire/Dark

Today is a good day

Infamita

This really looks amazing, but I have two questions:

1. Will this be in 60fps?

2. Will I be able to transfer my PS3 trophies to a PS4?

I am so stoked my dudes

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Yes it is in 60fps.

No details on trophies yet.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Hey, Fudge...you obviously haven't seen the new Olympus screens yet... :D

Recon

Art of War
Awards

1.5 and 2.5 on PS4

Sora DLC for World of Final Fantasy

FFXV Omen trailer

Litten's final evolution confirmed Fire/Dark

Today is a good day

Holy crap, it's early in the morning and I can't keep up with all these announcements! I'm happy this was announced and now, more than ever, do I need to get a PS4 Slim.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Please fix the loading issues.
Please fix the Xemnas glitch.
Please fix the loading issues.
Please fix the Xemnas glitch.

(Granted, those might be one-and-the-same.)

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
This is amazing. I'm so happy this is happening. Finally, the entire Kingdom Hearts series will be on a single platform (with the exception of Unchained Chi, but that's the whole reason Back Cover is a thing, so technically it's still the entire series). They're really treating the KH community next year. 2017 is the year of KH. 2.8, 1.5+2.5 Remaster, the world orchestra, "year round KH news" according to Nomura. Holy shit I am so ready.

Xagzan

Awards
I actually hope they don't fix the glitches. Because then I'll feel the urge to buy these again and play through them all again, and I really, really don't want to -_-

But at least this announcement will finally end people asking for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back