• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 Coming to Playstation 4!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
This is amazing news! Will it be worth buying when you already have the PS3 versions? My PS3 is getting old af, so I may want to get both copies.

Well, I tried 3D in 60 fps and it was incredibly awesome, so I'd say yes, even if it's only because of that.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Wow, even Kingdom Hearts 4 is coming out before Kingdom Hearts 3.

Hopefully they share trophy lists and have cross save like FFX HD. Otherwise, they done fucked up. Definitely do not have it in me to do all that over again. For the umpteenth time. And fix the damn glitches too, loading times shouldn't be an issue though.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Shadow Fenix said:
Wow, even Kingdom Hearts 4 is coming out before Kingdom Hearts 3.

I'm behind on the news, but are you serious?! We're really getting KH4 before 3? :O

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
lmao, no I'm sorry haha. Just joking how 1.5 + 2.5 = 4.

Ain't no salt though.
I didn't mean you specifically were salty... just the no KH3 jokes come from a salty ocean.

Just to clarify!

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I didn't mean you specifically were salty... just the no KH3 jokes come from a salty ocean.

Just to clarify!

lol, I gotcha. I've waited for Versus XIII and The Last Guardian, so this is nothing at this point. Plenty of other stuff in the meantime. I just couldn't resist the joke though haha, they're too good.

Caxinuld

Awards
Let's hope that the major flaws in 2.5 from the PS3 port are fixed up in this remake & if any new bugs pop up, there's a patch to fix them.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
My only thing is PLEASE GOD LET THE PS3 AND PS4 SHARE TROPHY LISTS! I am a trophy hunter, and I never EVER want to get Re:CoM's bullshit plat again! I am the kind of trophy hunter that DOESN'T want to double dip the trophies. Cross-save be damned, just please spare me 6 more CoM playthrough.

Beyond the collective "Ugh!" that is being expressed by the thought of re-platinuming 1.5 (with it's non difficulty stacking trophies), do you think they'd do cross-save? How does that even work?

I'd love to be able to put my PS2 and PS3 away and just keep my PS4 out but I don't know if I have the time re-doing platinums and save files for PS4 if there aren't cross saves from the PS3 version.

raw

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Beyond the collective "Ugh!" that is being expressed by the thought of re-platinuming 1.5 (with it's non difficulty stacking trophies), do you think they'd do cross-save? How does that even work?

That's been used for a handful of remasters this gen. Notably FFX HD and Borderlands Collection. They've used them on earlier ones from PS3 to Vita too like the MGS collection. It's totally doable and might make or break my purchase for it. Especially if the trophy lists are shared.

How it exactly works however, is beyond me haha. I've never had to do it before, but I believe it makes use of the cloud.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
That's been used for a handful of remasters this gen. Notably FFX HD and Borderlands Collection. They've used them on earlier ones from PS3 to Vita too like the MGS collection. It's totally doable and might make or break my purchase for it. Especially if the trophy lists are shared.

How it exactly works however, is beyond me haha. I've never had to do it before, but I believe it makes use of the cloud.
I would imagine that it just searches for the Trophy data in your PSN profile.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
This announcement couldn't have come on a better day. My vehicle just died and I was -NOT- happy~ ;A;

Ty, KH

KeybladeOrder

Awards
I'd love to be able to put my PS2 and PS3 away and just keep my PS4 out but I don't know if I have the time re-doing platinums and save files for PS4 if there aren't cross saves from the PS3 version.
QUOTE]

And That's exactly why I'm going to buy it, never mind the fact that I still haven't bought a PS4 yet. I'd like to have all my KH games on one console and I'm glad to have that option (technically 2, since I like playing 358/2 Days and Re:coded on my DS better than just watching the cinematics). Now all I have to do is upgrade to the PS4 version of the Final Fantasy remaster, buy a PC version of Portal 2, and trading in the PS3 and the handful of games I still have will go towards my funding of my own PS4.

Replica

I'm curious if Square will take the effort to make KH1FM look as good as they advertised it back when 1.5 was being released. I kinda doubt it but a man can dream. Here's a video that explains what I'm talking about. https://youtu.be/v2m_-PvbYwE?t=72

Sonicfan2525

Awards
I'm curious if Square will take the effort to make KH1FM look as good as they advertised it back when 1.5 was being released. I kinda doubt it but a man can dream. Here's a video that explains what I'm talking about. https://youtu.be/v2m_-PvbYwE?t=72

Same here! I mean I doubt they will go to that much trouble, but I would love it if they retouched everything like those initial screenshots implied. I'll be happy if they just fix the bugs and load times though. Where we are getting the games in 60 fps, I hope that means that Square is doing more than just straight up porting the games.

Edit: Also, I would LOVE it if they added a theater mode to KHFM. That is pretty much the only game in the collections that doesn't have one. Fixing the blurriness and poor lip syncing of ReCOM would be nice too.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Yeah, I don't think those changes are going to happen. It's a lot more work than I think people realize. You can point to BBS with the Young Sora/Riku faces of course, but you also need to point out the excruciating 9 month delay from Japan to English that it caused, too, lol.

Re:CoM is unlikely to be changed either since those cutscenes are actually FMVs and not being made in-game. That's one of the reason why the lip-syncing (and voice acting) is so bad, because they had to dub it to the FMVs instead of being able to alter the actual cutscenes.

A remaster collection like this (essentially just putting the two collections together) is going to have a miniscule budget. Like, probably even less than the remasters themselves initially had, in order for it to be profitable. I don't think we can expect many differences. Though it would be nice to be surprised by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back