• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 Coming to Playstation 4!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Can this day be known as the "Day of Kingdom Hearts Hype" from now on? Thanks.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Wow..

I prolly won't since I have the PS3 remasters, that's enough for me. But I'll consider getting 'em if my PS3 ever breaks, but I doubt it will for years. ^^

But this is EXCELLENT news for a friend of mine that I've been trying to talk into getting a PS4 so she can join me in KH3 later; now she doesn't have to buy a PS3 too!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
OP updated with logos and images.

Sorry that took forever, around the OMEN trailer part of the FFXV live stream my internet took a massive dive and I've not recovered.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I'm hoping it'll have cross-save or at least share the same trophy lists as the PS3 versions so I can continue my adventures without having to start over from scratch!

Sdog

Awards
My whole body spazzed out seeing this! Yes! YYEEEEESSSSSS!!!! Such a long wait!

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Are there games where trophies don't get shared? I mean, it'd be weird if you could get the same trophies twice...

mathk

Awards
I was checking the KH facebook page and them... Look at this. They especifies that Days is cinematic, but not re:Coded. Maybe it is now playable?

Uk3d4Pj.png

Muke

whatever
Awards
^

Huh…
Huh…

Weeellp, I hope it is. But I won't be heartbroken if not. :D

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Are there games where trophies don't get shared? I mean, it'd be weird if you could get the same trophies twice...
Plenty of games have multiple trophy lists for one game.

I was checking the KH facebook page and them... Look at this. They especifies that Days is cinematic, but not re:Coded. Maybe it is now playable?

Uk3d4Pj.png
Nah, Re:coded ain't playable

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Waaaaaaaaaaait, so you can basically get two platinum trophies for the same game?
By the lords, that's stupid. >:

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Yes. Heck, even the GOTY edition of The Witcher 3 has a brand new trophy list. Same goes for the PS4 versions of Resident Evil 4-6 and Revelations 2 (the latter has separate lists for PS3, PS4 and PS Vita).

Square Enix games tend to feature cross-save and shared trophy lists though. When they released Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster on PS4 they updated the original PS3/PS Vita list to also include PS4 and be cross-save compatible. I'm hoping they do the same for these games! I just don't feel like doing everything over, again!

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Some games like this share trophies, others do not. It is more common that they don't than when they do, but for the sake of my poor trophy list I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they sync them together.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Waaaaaaaaaaait, so you can basically get two platinum trophies for the same game?
By the lords, that's stupid. >:
Or companies can get double or triple profits from trophy hunters.

It's not really profitable for the company since it's cross-buy, but you can get three separate platinums for Sound Shapes. You just have to beat the entire game on one platform then sync your save with the other two and bam, three easily platinums.

Telltale games do it for their digital and physical games. Because they're extremely easy to complete, separate trophy lists entice trophy hunters to fork out money for both versions.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Or companies can get double or triple profits from trophy hunters.

It's not really profitable for the company since it's cross-buy, but you can get three separate platinums for Sound Shapes. You just have to beat the entire game on one platform then sync your save with the other two and bam, three easily platinums.

Telltale games do it for their digital and physical games. Because they're extremely easy to complete, separate trophy lists entice trophy hunters to fork out money for both versions.

This is certainly true. The trophy audience isn't that huge, but it is definitely a selling point for a number of people. Plus, I'm sure it's easier for the devs just to have a new trophy list rather than sync it all with the old one. My trophies are still a disaster though.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
This is certainly true. The trophy audience isn't that huge, but it is definitely a selling point for a number of people. Plus, I'm sure it's easier for the devs just to have a new trophy list rather than sync it all with the old one. My trophies are still a disaster though.
Exactly.

It's also a BIG selling point for remasters. As you can see in my sig, I'm playing Lego Harry Potter on Ps4. My very first two platinums on Playstation 3. The trophy lists are separate, and even a little bit different (RIP bronze trophy for leaving your controller idle for 5 minutes) and here I am, going to wind up with 4 trophy lists devoted to Lego Harry Potter.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I swear if SE forces me to get BBS platinum again by giving me trophies while playing through the game, I'll fucking cry.
I'LL CRY, YOU HEAR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back