• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Final Mix + Re:Chain of Memories 60fps Footage Uploaded by Square Enix

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX releases this Thursday in Japan. Despite this, footage of the collection has been scarce but thankfully Square Enix have uploaded footage from Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Re:Chain of Memories in 1080p/60fps.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I simply don't understand why the Kingdom Hearts social media pages refuse to advertise these gameplay video themselves. It'd be a valued selling point over the already available 1.5 and 2.5 for PS3.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I was a naysayer of 60fps for quite a long time, just cause of the "sped up" look it has when you're not used to it. And while I still like 30fps just fine, I gotta say that playing DDD HD really changed my opinion of 60fps. And this looks fantastic. Buttery smooth and it's immediately apparent that it looks just as crisp as DDD HD does, so that's awesome as well.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
Not to get off topic, and correct me if I am wrong, but are they using different stock art for the Goofy card in ReCoM? That is stock art from KH2 I believe and I swear I remember the picture being different in both the original PS2 game and the PS3 remaster.

Turns out I wasn't wrong (at least as far as the original PS2 version goes). Why have different artwork here?

Goofy_%28card%29.png

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
CoM still has terrible framerate. Not that a better framerate would save that game.

KH1 looks ace.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Wow, KH1 seems to be pretty nice! They should've showed KH2 though D:

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Not to get off topic, and correct me if I am wrong, but are they using different stock art for the Goofy card in ReCoM? That is stock art from KH2 I believe and I swear I remember the picture being different in both the original PS2 game and the PS3 remaster.

Turns out I wasn't wrong (at least as far as the original PS2 version goes). Why have different artwork here?

Goofy_%28card%29.png
It's hard to tell. Re:CoM was the only game in the collection where the HUD elements weren't redrawn (unlike KH1FM, KH2FM and BBSFM) but simply upscaled. Maybe they did this time around and chose different renders for Goofy because the weren't happy with the old one.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
It's hard to tell. Re:CoM was the only game in the collection where the HUD elements weren't redrawn (unlike KH1FM, KH2FM and BBSFM) but simply upscaled. Maybe they did this time around and chose different renders for Goofy because the weren't happy with the old one.

I've actually noticed that as well. It bothered me how the card images were blurry in Re:Chain of Memories back in 1.5 in contrast to the other things they cleaned up. Perhaps they did changed it so it's cleaner.

Sonicfan2525

Awards

I've actually noticed that as well. It bothered me how the card images were blurry in Re:Chain of Memories back in 1.5 in contrast to the other things they cleaned up. Perhaps they did changed it so it's cleaner.

That actually makes a lot of sense. But it just seems to weird that they would change Goofy's picture and not Donald's. It makes everything look inconsistent and off.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'm so used to seeing these games at, what, 30fps, that it looks kinda weird seeing it at 60fps. XD

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm surprised Launchpad Mcwhere'sthe60fpsfootage hasn't popped in here yet.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I feel so sorry for everyone who can't enjoy 60 fps because I fucking LOVE it.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I'm here, I'm queer, and I'm eating pastries. Holy fucking shit you guys it's so crisp and perfect. 60 fps thank you god

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back