• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Eclipse - Chapter 1

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Re: Kingdom Hearts Eclipse

Fool! Malik rubbed his temples. Keyblade wielders were all the same. So wrapped in their own delusions of self-grandeur they were that they either neglected to see or deliberately ignored the error in their choices. Walking, talking, breathing with the conviction that they were ineffable. One tier above the rest, purely because the Keyblade had chosen them. It was exactly this arrogance that bred the god complex that, though initially saved Worlds, always resulted in their own deaths. Was separating from the other Keybladers really such a good idea? Had he not heard of the saying about strength in numbers? United we stand, divided we fall? Legions of Keyblade wielders have fallen to the Eclipse King. What makes you think one on his own would make a difference?

The Keyblade wielder had his back turned. Malik contemplated casting a Magnet spell and dragging the Keyblader back with him. He would never suspect the attack. But then resisted, and pondered: what would his brother do? Hunter was always so eloquent.

Arcing into a backflip, Hunter felt air rush over his midriff. He knew he would see the point of a narrow blade staring straight at him if he looked down. The Marshal was fast, and luck alone had saved him from being impaled. But luck was running out. He continued the motion, swinging his legs into the air, all the while feeling solid contact beneath his feet. A controlled Gravity spell had followed Hunter’s feet, pulling loose earth from the ground and then compressing it into a solid mass. The growing mass deflected the Marshal’s arm on its upward trajectory. The blade flew out of his hand.

The spell ended when Hunter’s feet reached the peak of the backflip, but the ball of compressed earth continued its ascent perpendicular to the ground, motion powered by momentum. Hands pushed off the ground, and for a fraction of a second Hunter was airborne, body curved like the lip of a crescent. As he landed, the boulder began its descent.

Without even pause to catch his breath, Hunter cast Magnet in the area immediately in front of the Marshal. Luminous grey polygons erupted, and an unexplainable suction pulled both the Marshal and the boulder together. The corner of Hunter’s lip flinched. His fight was not with the Marshal; it was with the Eclipse King. To inflict upon another life so much violence, even if for self-defense, tied a heavy weight to his heart. There was no need for death. Indeed, he had hoped that the Marshals could be peacefully reintegrated into society after the Keybladers defeated the tyrant. The Keyblade wielders would defeat him, wouldn’t they? But the preservation of his life far outweighed any qualms he may have had with his morals. The force of impact shattered the ball of earth and left the Marshal incapacitated.

Hunter stood there, breathing in ragged gasps, watching the aftermath of his fight. He knew he was lucky to have survived. All around him was the orchestra of battle—cries of the wounded, the tinkle of distant clashing metal, the drumbeat of explosions that shook the earth. There was no hope left for this world. It was time to say his goodbyes and leave for new hope. He approached the unconscious body, healed the superficial injuries, and made way for the Castle, solemn and shaken.

Why does He fight? So much pain, so much suffering. Why does He do it?

‘Wait!’ Malik shouted. The din of civilian panic made it hard to concentrate. If for once these people could learn to control their tongues… ‘Your presence with the civilians is doubly foolish.’ The Keyblade wielder stopped midstep.

Yes, Malik thought. Now appeal to his emotions.

‘I have a brother, you know. Last I saw, he was engaged in some act of peril or another.’ He continued, full volume. ‘With a Marshal,’ he added. ‘Now I couldn’t help but notice that peculiar glow coming from that pouch on your hip. I’m hedging my bets it’s pixie dust!’

Keyblade wielders love making heroes out of themselves. Present him an opportunity he can’t resist.

‘What I wouldn’t give to fly my brother out of harm’s way. After all, we’re no wielders of the Keyblade; what could we possibly do to save our own skins? Please help him the same way I’ve helped you. Only with your help can either of us hope to escape from this forlorn planet.’ Malik rested his hand on the man’s shoulder. ‘He’s this way.’

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards

He was Quel'los'telkare'loyen, First Instructor, and the man who had loosed the Void upon his own civilization. A tear of pity, perhaps? Nay. Marquis is still plotting, Mirkhan blind, Das'hir still wary, and Kulen's arrogance outweighs still even some of these pitiful and dead Wielders of the Blade of Keys. All my power, gone when I unleashed that perpetual darkness. Those before me had seen, and thus ruined me.

He scowled, face twisting into a stone-wrought facet of hatred, as his Reaver Wall rippled, a reminder of magic's symbiotic state with the wielder. Tal'shendar had to retain his composure in order to keep the wall secure, yet how many lives would he save on this day, compared to the thousands that died when he erred?

It wouldn't come close. And now, I am to run from an old man with an over-sized blade. The gears in his gauntlet would save him the first time, the blade-breaker catching, if not snapping the Eclipse King's sword in two, while he fended off any magical assault with the other hand. And yet, I would fail. It is illogical to not realize that the Earl of Nightmares is powerful enough to wipe any single target from existence, and he relishes the idea as well. Why else take your pretty time plucking this World when you can merely siege it?

His footsteps fell with quaint tones as he turned in retreat. My hour of defiance not attained, and yet these vile, feared citizens have no order. They act like a gaggle of raqours running from a single predator, all mobbing for an escape. He noted soldiers, pilots and some citizens attempting to restore order, but it was haphazard, with groups being lead here and there, soldiers trying to keep the groups being led to some ships from being shoved aside and pushed, and swore by the Light itself he had seen Animus lead a group of people down a corridor from this very hall.

Wrath seized him - he cared nothing for the Darkness, and the Light had abandoned him. His role was duty, order, and preservation. Were it so easy. Quel'loyen spotted Malik a mob or two away, speaking to some stranger, though over the roar of panicked voices and sharp words, Tal'shendar couldn't hear what was said. Is young Malik an enemy of the Light, or should I merely keep him at an arm's distance?

Best ignore it for now; the boy and his twin are no threat. Animus, hah, is as devious as Marquis, wary as Das'hir, sees all unlike Mirkhan, and lacks Kulen's arrogance. However, the ki'rhal board must be played to the end here, ere I purge traitors from our midst. After all, Animus wasn't taken aback by that foul Ogen boy, was he, or the Voidling?

He looked to the still mobbing crowd, despite the volunteers' best efforts, and sighed. These pathetic mongrels must have a symbol to look to, unfortunately. Were it that I had the Tower's most powerful, yet I wish for that which shall never be. And so, it must forever be humankind's greatest fear: that ever-encroaching darkness, that final curtain falling, when the end comes. I must bring them awe, and security, not bring more terror. The Keyblade shown here will make them wonder.

"I will have order, and if anyone would dare defy my ruling, they may all step forward, and their last testament upon this earth be given by mine own hand! You shall all form straight single-file lines now, and board the ships in a swifter manner than you are now!" Quel'loyen summoned a blade of a pale white light, ere his first command, as the people stopped their jostling, their attempts to gain the front, and looked towards him. Marquis would have a show here, wouldn't he? Several gazed at him in fear, though Tal'shendar dismissed it all together. Miserable cretins.

"Guards! Assemble these refugees, or must I?" A reversed magnetic spell, with just a touch of infused light, created lines that ran parallel to the floor, each pair of light-rails literally forming the beginnings of the mobs into lines, extending out until acceptable, and attempts by some to move in front of others were stopped by guards, who apparently, were able now to handle the masses with ease. Were they trained in the Tower, these sentinels meant to guard the peace could have easy replicated such a novice feat.

Tying off the spell that had crafted the light-rails after, he stalked off, anxiously searching for the others he knew were missing, spotting Animus not far ahead, returning to the main hall, still with people in tow. Quel'loyen increased his step size, dismissing the translucent, white spellblade he had summoned with wroth, reaching Animus within moments.

"DeCavis. Where are the others, or must we go searching?" Tal'shendar inquired as the white dia'seri continued to cast their eerie white glow about him, cold blue eyes meeting the spectacles of the other man. " Our duties lie elsewhere, now." he spoke firmly, gesturing to the forced order. "We must find the others, as they will be needed, no? Or would you let them mindlessly rebel against the Eclipse King? These ships won't remain here forever, and neither will my wall of Reavers. The civilians are being evacuated in a timely and orderly fashion now, and we must tend to our own flock, lest we lose it to the old wolf that has learned to prowl our pasture."

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards

"How regrettable," the Eclipse King said, looking at the girl with a slightly annoyed expression on his face. "Here I had hoped that you might actually prove to be interesting, to be a challenge, given your bloated bravado that you spat at me so smugly, so arrogantly. But, alas, it seems your bravado was simply an empty, sad attempt to, for god knows why, intimidate me, not like such empty comments would regardless. It's disappointing. Truly, it is. The fact that you can't even answer me a simple, straightforward question is more than enough evidence to support my now confirmed suspicions that you are, in fact, hopeless. As you slither away like the slimy worm you are, do me a favor, if you will, and vacate that girl's body." The Eclipse King turned his gaze from the girl and focused back on the castle. "Now if you will excuse me, I believe I will be on my way."

That's when he heard it: The crackling of electricity. The hairs on the back of his hair rose to attention, reaffirming the fact that, yes, it was electricity. How sad, so the worm wants to fight? Very well then. The Eclipse King spared his gaze for a moment, returning it toward the girl, who still stood against the side of the building. He rose his great sword up, placing his arm across his chest. The two bolts of lightning were launched, and, once the bolts were in range, the Eclipse King swung the mighty Inselberg. The sword ripped through the bolts like a knife through tissue paper, causing the electrical energy stored within the bolts to disperse and dissipate harmlessly.

Another charge assaulted the hairs on the back of his neck as, the tyrant could only assume, another electrical attack was unleashed. His assumption was quickly confirmed as the worm cackled and chuckled gleefully through the girl's lips. It was enough to make the King sick. That is when he had enough of this being. It was time that he showed it, and, to that end, all the keyblade wielders and the rest of Radiant Garden, just what it was they were up against. If he were lucky, he'd also be able to dispel, or at least quite, the worm inside the girl.

With a victorious cry, the Eclipse King raised his left hand toward the sky, his fingers extended out to their limit. Within a second, the Eclipse King was engulfed by a brilliant white light, forming a small aura around him. Within the remainder of that second, the light quickly expanded outward, materializing into small plates of what looked like glass with a warm light shining from within each plate. The plates linked together, forming a large dome around the Eclipse King which sparkled and shined as if the sun was reflecting off them. The light was so strong that it drove away the nearby darkness that veiled Radiant Garden. Another second passed and two lightning bolts, the ones the King had felt, rained down from above. The bolts hit the barrier and disappeared into the light, causing a ripple to travel outward from each point of impact. Within a second, the large dome exploded into a brilliant, blinding light, whiting out the Black-Armored King with a bubble of light. Within the remainder of that second, the dome of light expanded outward to twice the size of the dome with an explosive force, causing the ground beneath the light to crumble and break and for the nearby buildings to bow and submit to the light's power. The Eclipse King Forbidden Art, Retribution, exerting a force and power that was threefold the initial attack, stood proudly as a powerful example of the King's might, pushing away the veil of darkness and revealing a column of clear sky the width of the dome, and as a crushing force of light's judgement.

As the light faded, the Eclipse King's black armor came back into view. Quickly followed was the return of the darkened veil, quickly devouring the short-lived light and returning Radiant Garden to darkness. "Now, if that is all..." The Eclipse King returned his gaze back toward the castle. It was unfortunate that the girl would be, as a result, injured by his attack, but, at the very least, the King had hoped that the worm within her was either dispelled or silenced and that the girl would be able to regain herself. Either way, the King could only believe that the realization of how outclassed and underpowered he was compared to the King would finally sink into the worm's mind, if it had one. With his work apparently finished, the King began walking back toward the castle.

---------​

Running, running, running, running. It felt like Umbra had been running forever, frantically searching for the Eclipse King. He hoped he would be in time to rescue the one dumb enough to throw their lives away so quickly for a pipe dream such as defeating the Eclipse King. Honestly, the man had wiped out enough keyblade wielders to put him near par with the keyblade wars, so who in their right mind would be dumb enough to think they had even a snowball's chance in hell at defeating him. His answer came sooner than he had thought it would have.

As Umbra rounded a corner, he skidded to a halt as his eyes set upon a girl, who, given her current state, looked like she had already been through a lot. Umbra rushed over to the girl, who seemed preoccupied with something going on out on the streets just passed her. Hey, are you okay?" Umbra asked as he walked toward the girl. You aren't hurt or anything are you? Here, let me-"

"How regrettable."

Umbra--no, Ogen's eyes opened wide in terror. The being known as Umbra had been quickly swallowed up by the flood of terror, fear, and helplessness that now raped Ogen's already delicate mind. All the memories of the Eclipse King flooded back from his past and the image of Armor-clad King appeared in his mind's eye, looming over Ogen's entire being like a great shadow. He couldn't move, couldn't speak, couldn't cry. Ogen was literally paralyzed in fear as, just a few yards from him, stood that most powerful being in the known universe and the man that both took him in and abandoned him. A man he respected, feared, liked, and hated. The deluge of feelings were too much for Ogen and, being the only thing the boy could do in hope of some relief, tilted his head backwards and stared up to the blackened sky.

A dot. A small dot in the distance. No, not one, but two. And another and a fourth. Quickly, more and more dots appeared in the distance, coming into view quicker than Ogen could keep accurate track up. There must have been twenty, maybe even thirty, small dots coming in from the distance. And they were growing bigger. At first, he couldn't figure out what they were. He knew they weren't the Gummi ships, as they had already arrived. Which means... Reavers. If that were so, then the situation was quickly spiralling from hopeless to doomed. If those Reavers landed in Radiant Garden, then the city would be overrun in a matter of minutes and no amount of barriers would be able to stop them. This was really it. Radiant Garden truly was lost. There was no flicker of light left.

No, wait, there was. But it wasn't a flicker, but a flash. Ogen, reacting solely on some unknown instinct, grabbed the girl near him and wrapped himself around her, shielding her from the light. Just afterwards, a great explosion of light shot out. Ogen's world was filled with the light and, thinking of nothing else he could do, the boy let out a yell as he and the girl were flung back into the alleyway he had come.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards

There was nothing to prepare Animus for the arrival of Quel'loyen, who suddenly emerged from the faceless crowd with orbs of light in tow. The assassin was thankful for the darkness of his spectacles, which hid the momentary shock of meeting those hard blue eyes. Always looking, but you're never quite able to see, are you?

Yet the old man saw enough, Animus knew. He would have no choice but to join him in the search for the other Keyblade wielders, or risk arousing suspicions. "I'm wary about leaving these guardsmen without a guide," he said, "but I suppose there are others who can help them. I'll be with you in a moment."

After a moment of searching, he turned his group of civilians over to a small posse of soldiers, then returned to Quel'loyen's side. From behind his tinted spectacles, Animus scrutinized the old man for yet another time. His intent was clearly to monitor Animus closely, so it was pointless to feign ignorance; Quel'loyen's gray-blue eyes would pierce through that ruse like wet tissue paper. Better to take no chances with this one. A flawless facade for a scrutinizing opponent.

Animus would risk nothing, and take him directly to the wounded Keybearers.
Inwardly, he frowned at this poor turn of fate. It would take a good deal more hassle to track them all down and kill them separately.

"If memory serves, some of the wounded were making their way towards the front of the castle, near the entrance," he said. "The evacuation teams will reach that area last--and if the Eclipse King is on his way, it will be struck first. In that case, there isn't any time to spare." With that, he started back into the crowd, weaving a gentle Aero around himself as before. Its radius was slightly widened, so that Quel'loyen would have a clear and ample path to follow.

Animus surged through the mass of bodies at a brisk pace, moving quickly enough that Quel'loyen would require some effort to stay on the opened path. While he did not dare to push his luck, the assassin hoped that he could reach the Keyblade ward before his companion did. It would be a shame to leave such an opportunity empty-handed. If he recalled correctly, there were a few fine needles in his bag, used for such stealthy killings. He would "check their vitals", slip the needle inside, break it off cleanly, and allow the poisoned metal to do its work. He chuckled under his breath. Patience, now. This is an occupation that requires patience.

He managed to reach the ward easily enough; young Malik was still there, his hand resting on the shoulder of the stranger from before. Hm. Engaged as he was, there was no way for Malik--a trained healer and mage--not to notice Animus in action. Ooh, that's a pity. Better to make the most of it, I suppose.

"Malik," he called out, "I hate to interrupt, but the evacuations have begun! Civilians are been seen to, but I'll need your assistance in healing the Keyblade wielders--or moving them, at the very least."

Meanwhile, Animus was mentally calculating the time it would take for the Eclipse King to arrive, if he started from a certain point. It certainly wouldn't be long now . . . and they were not ready. He wasn't about to share those precious deaths with His Majesty; the ultimate victory needed to be his. He needed to be the ultimate reason for the Keybearers' fall--or else everything would have been for nothing.

Endless Strategy

“Wait! Your presence with the civilians is doubly foolish,” Malik cried out, stopping Galom in his tracks. As Galom turned to face him, Malik continued, raising his voice over the din of the crowd. “I have a brother, you know. Last I saw, he was engaged in some act of peril or another, with a marshal…What I wouldn’t give to fly my brother out of harm’s way. After all, we’re no wielders of the Keyblade; what could we possibly do to save our own skins? Please save him, the same way I’ve helped you. Only with your help can either of us hope to escape from this forlorn world.”

Galom felt traces of guilt well within him. So this boy’s aim wasn’t to just needlessly risk his life, he hoped to save someone he cared for. He had come to Galom for help, and even healed his wounds for him. He had presented himself as a friend, in a world where he had none. Galom had every reason to help the brave youth.

But despite all of that, Galom’s instinctive response was to turn him down. He had not asked to be dragged into this war, or to be selected as one of the Keyblade’s chosen. His life until quite recently was one free of worry, where he could pursue his passion as collector as doggedly as he wished. Why, then, was fate transpiring against him? Hadn’t he already done enough? He had spent the last weeks training for battle like a soldier, and had gone to battle without complaint. He had even confronted the Eclipse king himself, and gotten a lightning bolt to the chest for his efforts. He had done something that everyone else was afraid to do, and although he had failed, wasn’t that enough? Was he going to be asked again to risk his life, when his safe haven stood there, right in front of him? No, he most certainly would not.

But then, what were these feelings he was having now? His pangs of guilt, mixed with the exhilaration of flying for the first time, mixed with the fear and brutality of battle, mixed with the joy of finding a new friend. They all melded together, fighting one another for supremacy along with a dozen other emotions. Galom, the coward who feared battle and took the easy way out, save when there was something in it for him or Galom, the man who was fighting for a good cause, and would help in any way he could. Which was he?

The Reavers would be on the castle’s doors at any moment. A return to the field of battle would mean fighting off a good number of them, even accounting for the added advantage of flight his pixie dust would provide. But he couldn’t turn back his friend. He had said earlier that Malik was more useful alive than dead; the same ostensibly applied to his brother. Without help, surely his brother and he would both die, and would that not contradict what Galom had said completely? The stir of the crowd around them insured that there was still time before the ships would finish boarding. Galom felt Malik’s hand on his shoulder, motioning with his free hand in the direction he had last seen his brother. By then, Galom had made up his mind.

“Alright, friend, your words have swayed me,” Galom said, his face shaping into a grin as he felt for the black sphere attached to his belt. With a thought of “Pixie Dust,” the sack from before reappeared. Taking a handful of the precious powder and stowing the rest back into the sphere, Galom faced Malik.
“There is one thing you must know,” Galom said, throwing the pixie dust into the air above the two and letting it collect on his skin. “ The dust alone isn’t enough, you must also think of something that brings you great joy, and you must also believe it will work.” Collecting his thoughts, Galom closed his eyes and focused on the Eclipse king, before imagining him lying in defeat alongside his vanquished armies. He assured himself that, although he did not yet know how to face that man, he would find a way in time.

Before he even realized it, Galom was floating into the open air. With a motion of his hand, he beckoned Malik to follow before heading off in the direction the teenager had indicated.

“Come along!” Galom shouted “I’ll let you lead.” And as he spoke these words, and was filled with the wonderful feeling flying always invoked, he wondered if, perhaps, courage had its merits after all.

HollowHero

As Mai stood there watching the fight she could feel it. Her anger welling up inside her.

"Ryoko..."

Mai suddenly felt a chill run down her spine.

"This is..."
"Mai..."
"Ryoko?!"
"Please...I'm counting...on you...the promise."
"Promise?"

Mai gasps as she remembers before they left Twilight Town.

"What are you doing Mai?"
"Ryoko, just staring at the sunset."
"Last one before we leave huh. Mai I want you to promise me something."
"Promise, sure anything."
"No matter what happens we will protect one another."
"Yeah I promise."

Mai stares at the floor realizing what she was being asked. Mai suddenly heard footsteps behind and heard.

"Hey, are you okay? You aren't hurt or anything are you? Here, let me-"

As Mai turned around the Boy grabbed her holding her close as a blast of light erupted and flung them back into the alleyway. As Mai felt dazed from the blast she looked around.

"Heavy..."

Mai rolls Ogen off her she is surprised when he does not respond.

"Hey hey! Are you ok?!"

She leans down as she tries to here his breathing. She feels better when she hears him breathing.

"Well at least he didn't die."

As Mai turns toward where the blast of light came from she looks at the Kingdom Key in her hand and thinks.

"I can't use your strength for this. I need to do this on my own."

The Kingdom Key vanishes as a ring of fire appears at Mai's feet.

"Enough is enough!"

As Mai begins to suck in air, the flames form a small vortex and enter her mouth.

"Five minutes. Five minutes is all I can handle in my current condition."

As all of the flames vanish, Mai's body slowly changes. Mai's skin changes to a pinkish color as she feels her body's muscles flex and twitch. Slowly it stops as Mai breaths out she punches the ground.

"Accel."

Mai could feel it her body was now teaming with energy.

"Ryoko...I'm coming...TO KICK YOUR ASS!"

Meanwhile at the blast site.

"Amazing."

Said the Shadow as she had watched the entire scene play out.

"What amazing power. Truly this is fun. Iwill enjoy beating you. I'm not out of tricks just yet!"

Sure enough where Ryoko had been a black orb had appeared.

"That was too close. Any longer and I’d have taken more damage."

However, most of the left side was damaged and Ryoko's arm was bleeding. The black orb then shattered Ryoko stood up holding the black sword in her right hand. She then suddenly leaped to the ground as she positioned herself toward the Eclipse King Mai suddenly appeared before her. As the two quickly danced around one another trying to land blows, they leap away Mai to the right and Ryoko to the left.

"RYOKO!!!"

As Mai appeared in front of Ryoko, she balled her hand into a fist. As she went to swing she felt something.

"Was that?"

However, she soon found it to be useless as the two could not land a blow on the other. As Mai jumped, back onto a rooftop Ryoko stood her ground.

"If it was what I think it is. Then I’ll bust through with sheer force!"

As Mai summoned a small ball of fire into her right hand. She leaped down as she held out her hand she yelled.

"Flame Gun!"

As the ball of fire exploded a wide spread of fire shot towards Ryoko. Ryoko smiles raising her sword above her head as the fire came roaring at her.

"Black Divider."

As Ryoko swings, her sword down a black energy wave is released in front of her as it slices through the fire. Just as the fire dies out and Ryoko's attack disappears, Mai appears before her. As Mai clenches her right hand, she swings upward towards Ryoko's chin.

"Be ready this trip is going to leave you dazed!"

As Mai's fist connected with Ryoko's chin, the blow sent her upward. Mai suddenly appears before Ryoko slamming her knee into Ryoko's gut. As Ryoko was sent flying toward the ground just before she affected the ground, she was grabbed across the face.

"RAHHH!"

It was Mai as she spun Ryoko around she threw her once more into as she took a step back. Mai pulled back her right hand, as she got ready.

"Mai...thank you..."

As Mai slams her fist into Ryoko's stomach, she can hear it Ryoko's voice.

"For stopping me."

Ryoko goes flying smashing into the building. Ryoko falls to the floor as the sword falls out of her hands.

"Why?"

Mai says as tears stream down her face.

"Why am I crying?"

As Mai quickly wipes her tears away, she turns around facing the Eclipse King.

"The Eclipse King. The man whose is trying to destroy all that we hold dear."

As Mai's gaze never left his back, she took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry for how this turned out. Next time it will be a proper fight."

As Mai turn away and started walking toward Ryoko, she said.

"And next time I won't run."

As Mai continues to walk to Ryoko, her body freezes up with fear. As Mai's eyes look down at Ryoko, Ryoko is smiling back as her.

"Don't say it."

Ryoko begins to hum once more as it echoes again.

"♪Someone from the Dark is staring at you.
Jumping for joy now, have you heard the News?
In the Future, I can see.
And a Choice it will be.
I wonder whose Blood Stained Hands it shall be? ♪"

As Ryoko finished singing, her eyes closed. As Mai stood where she was, she did not move. Not out of surprise but out of an unknown fear.

"What was that? A choice? Blood stained hands? Urk."

Mai felt a sudden sting of pain rack through her body.

"Damn it. I can't worry about that now."

As Mai quickly ran over to Ryoko, she picked up her body and vanished from sight. As Mai leaped from roof to roof, she saw a large crowd of people walking inside the castle. Mai quickly lands as she pushes her way through. As Mai enters, she leaves the crowd to set Ryoko down next to the wall.

"Just...barely made...it."

Mai's body returns to its normal color. Pain was all that she felt.

"Crap..."

She said as she fell backwards onto the pavement. Mai knew she had done as much as she could.

"Now I can't fight for a while. Sorry Ryoko I’m going to sleep for a bit."

Suddenly she felt a familiar coldness in her hands. Straining Mai lifts her hand to see that the Kingdom Key returned.

"Always keeping an eye on me huh. Awesome now I sleep."

Moreover, just like that Mai's eye shut themselves as she began to sleep.

"Heh that's too bad. Looks like this dance party is over."

Ryoko said to the Shadow sitting in the chair. As Ryoko opened the double doors, she took one last look around.

"Maybe next time you would do well not to underestimate our bond."

As she walked out the door shut behind her.

"Ah she left well that's ok. The door will always be unlocked. But still..."

As the Shadow got up and walked into another room. It looked at all of the candles that were not lit and then stared at a dark object.

"To think that this hunk of junk spoke. Never thought that would happen. What the?!"

Suddenly a chain wrapped around the Shadow's neck pulling it towards the dark object as the Shadow drew closer it suddenly vanished into thin air.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards

[Posting for the sake of a post, ignore any and all mistakes please]

An early death? Great, just what the doctor ordered--and exactly the incentive to make Leilani want to punch someone in the face. On one hand, she could run back now and wait for Aiyana to return; the sudden influx of figures all retreating to the catle, combined with the help arriving weighed heavily. On the other, she could, well, go searching blindly.

"...Fine, let's go." She muttered, immediately spinning on her heel and running back to the castle.

_______

Heal the pain, sooth these wounds... Aiyana thought carefully, raising her hands over a fellow Keyblade Wielder. In an instant, a few bells appeared and showered the lad with a green, sparkled dust, and each wound was treated. The magic of Curaga was miraculous; combined with Aiyana's magical potential, she could heal anyone in a manner of seconds.

If only time was on their hands.

True, while they may not have been completely healed, it was close enough; there were many wounded, and she needed to act fast--at least they could get up on their own. After standing up, she rushed over to the next, repeating the process and thinking her little chant up. The Gummi Ships had arrived, but who knew how close the Eclipse King would be at that moment? She didn't dare check; she needed to focus.

As she finished with the next, a familiar voice distracted her;

"You idiot! I said ten minutes!"

Leilani gave out a heavy sigh as she whacked her sister over her head, shaking her by the shoulders furiously. "S-Stop! I'm busy!" Aiyana cried, pushing her sister off. "Seriously! And what was with you taking it away! I could've needed it!"

"Oh, some guy tripped me." Leilani admitted, shrugging as she watched Aiyana. "When did you get back here?"

"I was with Lord Animus..." Aiyana replied as the bells appeared over her target. "And...we need to get everyone out of here as quickly as possible."

HollowHero

As Ryoko sat with her back to the wall, her body began to glow with a purple aura. She slowly reaches out with her left hand as though trying to grab something. Slowly her hand falls to her side. Meanwhile back where Mai and Ryoko had fought the black sword began to ring. It slowly melted changing into a black substance which than began to slink away. As it passed by Ogen, it stopped.

Slowly it formed a pool as Ogen began to sink inside it seemed to swallow him whole. Suddenly the substance seemed to gain more energy as it zipped around as it passed by all of the people unnoticed. Slowly Ogen seemed to rise out of the black substance nearby Mai and Ryoko. The black substance
then entered the sheath as it formed the black sword once more.

"Where am I?"

As Mai opened her eyes, she noticed that she was not where she had fallen down. Suddenly she could hear something.

"That noise...its familiar."

As Mai stood up her saw that it was white everywhere.

"Is it a piano?"

A Mai walked forward she could see it a pure white piano but that was not the only thing she saw. There was someone there playing it as well.

"Who...is that?"
"Welcome Mai I’ve been waiting for you."

Slowly Ryoko's eyes opened as she saw Ogen and Mai lying in front of her. She slowly rose to her feet she felt drained of energy and completely exhausted.

"Must get her to safety."

Ryoko trudged forward picking Mai up as she snaps her fingers their Gummi ships slowly descends as the hatch opens up. Ryoko pulls Mai up the ramp and sets her inside. Ryoko glances back at Ogen sighing she turns toward the pilot seat, she feels her body begin to shake as her vision becomes blurred.

"Have...to...hurry."

As Ryoko sits in the seat, she hits the button as the hatch closes. As the strength leaves, her Ryoko raises her hand one last time as she presses the autopilot button.

"Auto-Pilot engaged. Destination...Twilight Town."

As Ryoko looks over at Mai, the last of her strength leaves her body and she falls out of the chair passing out on the floor as the gummi ship turns and flys into the sky.

"Mai..."

As Mai stood there, she realized that she was staring at a woman.

"What did you mean by that and who are you?"
"I suppose having your memories altered can leave you with a question like that."
"Altered? Argh!"

Mai could suddenly feel it, her head was in pain.

"What's...going on? AHHHH!"
"Mai tell me what you see."

Mai could see it a figure. Slowly its hand reaches for her throat grasping tightly. She could see it the figures twisted smile suddenly she saw its hand pause over where her heart is. Its hand just suddenly sunk in. It was strange she felt no pain there was not even blood. Yet she could feel that its hand was moving towards her heart.

"Now then let's see what this does."

What Mai felt next could only be described as horrific. Her skin felt like it was on fire and yet she felt as though she was being electrocuted at the same time.

"Make it stop make it stop!"

Mai thought as her body thrashed around slowly it began to grow dark.
"Who…am I?"
"Be thankful. Instead of letting you die here I shall make you my pawn in my little game."

As Mai opened her eyes, she saw the woman staring down at her.

"And now one part of the truth has come out."

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

Daedlus ducked sharply as a plate of thick metal rocketed over his head, the piece pried off the chest of a Guardian Reaver, exposing the weaker metal frame that surrounded its Heart core. Reacting quickly, the Reaver was raising its shield and plasma-launching hand in rapid unison, as Daedalus became aware of the building negative charge of the air around the Reaver as it was sucked in through a vent at the rear of its firearm, compressed and stripped of its electrons.
Daedalus remained crouching, still presenting a small target, and one that would be easier to shield against the impending blast. Plasma was hot, electrified and generally deadly, but it was completely at the whim of any electromagnetic fields that it came into contact with, and Daedalus could make those in great quantity or strength. Over a few seconds, the metal of the Reaver's began to glow a dull red, before the plasma blast was unleashed - a lance of searing blue and purple filaments that reached across to Daedalus with supersonic speeds.

A myriad of organised fields already erected around Daedalus, the heat enveloped him but only reached him through radiation as the plasma itself was trapped in a sphere around Daedalus that buzzed and crackled fantastically - a trillion electrons being torn away from their atoms or joining other ones every second. The floor that the distinct edges of the fields intersected was being punished hard, scorched red before being melted through, the bit of ground on which Daedalus stood becoming a solid island amongst a small moat of molten tile and stone. The plasma blast was prolonged as opposed to nearly immediate, but when Daedalus sensed the plasma growing no stronger, he blew wide the electromagnetic fields that surrounding him and let them dissipate, the glowing plasma shell around him growing larger but also fading completely back into the normal atmosphere.

Moving a little unsteadily on the still-solidifying floor beneath him, Daedlus let loose an inverse magnetic field to the one that had ripped off the chest housing of the Reaver initially, this one sending the machine recoiling with its arms wide and core exposed. Daedalus seized the moment to return a retaliatory lance of plasma, properly shaped by a constricting tunnel that lay between EM fields, the blue-purple shaft was near-white, and pierced with ease through the container of the Reaver's core, the machine collapsing a second later. The dozen or so Scuttlers behind it briefly confused and panicked as their leader was lost. Needless to say, Daedalus was enormously sympathetic to their plight, and so left them to mourn the passing of their leader as he ran further into Ansem's castle, seeking out his own craft. Before he left the corridor, he briefly caught sight and sound of a tearing, rending wind making its way through the ranks of Scuttlers.

Moving through the massive architecture of the castle, Daedalus went lower and lower, passing through the remnants of three previous castles built on the same grounds as he did so. It was a hugely effective way to keep enemies at bay, thanks to two factors that had, at times, even turned against inhabitants of the castle: builders of the past had far less of an idea as to how to effectively set out such large structures, and that the different layouts that existed between each of them meant that a clear and obvious path was impossible unless marked out.

There were subtle markings all over the place, some indicating a right or wrong path, depending on the previous marker. The system was ingenious - what the next marker meant depended upon what your current marker described, which was itself determined by the previous one, and so on. There were several dozen possible correct paths through the various levels of old castle between places of major importance, and thousands of wrong turns. There were always ways to re-find your way along a certain path, and a dozen or so points at which you could re-orient yourself to another 'correct' path without having to backtrack.

Daedalus' own path through the maze was torturous - he became lost on several occasions, and at one stage even blasted down a whole series of walls to return to the path most directly leading to the deep-underground hangars. The massive garages, housing dozens of ships, were arranged in a wide-tunneled network whose most prominent exit sat at the bottom of a gaping crevasse, totally invisible from anywhere but the now-fallen peak of Ansem's castle. Further to its strategic advantage, the crevasse was part of a particularly deep system of canyons and valleys, and all but the largest ships docked in the hangars would be able to stealthily move between the massive walls of Earth totally unseen and undetected unless witnessed from overhead.

Daedalus knew he had arrived at the hangars, but moved in complete darkness alleviated only by dim and flickering fluorescent lights and a silence punctuated by his own heavy footfalls and the steady dripping of water that naturally accumulated at the bottom of valleys and canyons. He ran on for a hundred metres, the slightest sign of activity being only the increasing, low hum of interspace engines coming to life. Even as he moved and the noise became steadily, it dropped in volume regularly, every ten seconds or so. Good, Daedalus thought, ships continued to leave, unabated. Any sign of danger, and the ships would leave in small squadrons every minute, rather than singular craft in a steady stream.

As the tunnel widened into the central dock, Daedalus' pounding feet echoed loudly in the enormous cavern - roughly hexagonal, with one side featuring any offices and security facilities above where Daedalus was now emerging, the opposite side featuring the gaping maw of the hanger that led out into blue canyons. Off each of the four sides extended the largest tunnels at ground level - that the largest craft would pass through on their way to their dock or departure - and above them smaller tunnels accessed by scaffolding, ladders and open elevators. The entire space was pervaded by a low hum that signified many active engines, but significantly less than if every vehicle was running right now. If a city-wide highest alert was issued, every vehicle was activated and warmed up, to be accessed as soon as its pilot arrived.

Daedalus spun on his heels to spring towards the wide tunnel on the hangar wall to his immediate left, and as he entered the darkness of its confines moved to his left once more, where his own craft was house - a wicked looking craft, platinum and gunmetal silver all over, with a bronze-tinted screen surrounding the pilots canopy. The shape of an elongated triangle with wings sweeping out from the back corners, the ship looked legitimately capable of slicing another in half, provided it was moving with sufficient speed and was hard enough to not be torn apart in the collision. As it so happened, the ship was - and had in the past - proved both fast and tough enough.

This craft was the quietest of them, and in some cases seen as the most unusual, for it was not constructed of Gummi as the majority of Radiant Garden's craft were, but alloys and ceramics from Daedalus' own world. Hardened against radiation, and covered in trillions of ablative and environment-reactive nanoparticles, the ship was tough, fast, stealthy, and relied on Daedalus' own powers as its weaponry. The bronze cover of the cockpit opened up as Daedalus approached it, and he stepped onto its front without pause, sitting turning before letting himself fall into the seat that immediately (though slightly) conformed to his body shape.

As the canopy began to close, Daedalus saw a familiar figure sprinting towards him, and recognised Danyal very soon after, re-opening the canopy and extending a hand to help him into the cockpit and the (admittedly smaller than Daedalus') rear seat. Daedalus felt disappointed as the cockpit closed itself off completely and they pulled out of the tunnel and into the hangar in silence, having ran ahead of Danyal and not waited for him. He had guessed that he would be able to forge a path through the labyrinthine lower levels of the castle, and that Danyal would find something in the air to track him by. Though this belief had proven correct, Daedalus felt pangs of guilt as he hovered his sleek, bladelike craft over the guiding lights and rails for departing vehicles. A counter moved down from ten, and Daedalus and Danyal shot off from where they stood, as the ship moved off with maximum acceleration, yet they felt hardly anything of it as they sat in the inertia-dampened cockpit. The ship overtook dozens of others fast as it zipped effortlessly only a few feet from the floors and walls of the crevasses, canyons, and valleys, before he joined the stream of craft leaving the safety of the ground for the sky, some twenty five kilometres from the city of Radiant Garden.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards

Animus' call went unheard. Malik and his strange acquaintance were already making their way out of the castle, leaving the assassin alone with the wounded. Quel'loyen would be soon arriving, however—and to search for Ogen personally would be impossible at this point.

Aside from waiting, there was nothing to be done.

He strode up and down the aisles of wounded, taking care not to step on any limbs or digits . . . if they were indeed still attached. When faced against the more formidable Reavers, some were quite lucky enough to remain intact. Animus' sympathy was genuine, but still tempered by these wielders' incompetence; pity is a double-edged sword, at times. He was not a man easily bothered, but it irked him that he could neither save nor smite them. They simply lay there, in agony or unconsciousness, taunting him without realizing it.

He closed his mind and his heart to them, looking instead to the sky—or rather the great lack that had taken its place. The light of Gummi Ships' thrusters were but weak fireflies, surrounded and enclosed by night. The fate of all worlds, should His Majesty prevail . . . Animus beheld the sky without joy, but without any sense of triumph, either.

Regrettably . . . I still have work to do.

His mind was involuntarily drawn back to the wounded on either side of him. They had been struck down without fulfilling any sort of purpose: They had failed to aid the town, they had failed to defend the castle, and they had failed to give their deaths meaning. Weakness. Obscurity. Failure. Even now, those three comprised Animus' greatest fears. The assassin held them grimly in the back of his mind, as a reminder that there was still work to be done; he was still just a man.

Yes, I still have plenty of work to do.
________________________________________________​

His heart felt the life fade from the apprentice to his right. Her light, darkness, and memories drifted up into the aether, to the Place of Sleep. Yet as her life force slipped away, another heart—a powerful heart—suddenly brushed up against Animus'. Darkness felt affinity for darkness, and such a powerful, defiant shadow could only be Ogen's. Somehow, the boy had been delivered to one of the clusters of Gummi Ships!

Shaking off his pensive mood, Animus clung to that shred of darkness that tugged at his senses. Even as the air reeked of darkness throughout, the scent of Umbra was more potent still. Like the hunter he was, Animus traced it to its source:

Where a Gummi Ship might have once been, Ogen lay unconscious. His clothing had been torn in several places, and seemed to have been scorched in certain places. Animus noted with small annoyance that the soldiers from Disney Castle had made no effort to save him. Yet the reason ultimately did not matter: Ogen—Umbra and all—had been delivered to safety by some force, and for that Animus was glad.

To risk spoiling such a gift would be foolish, so Animus hoisted the lad into one of the departing ships himself—after first making sure of the ship's destination. As the assassin had discovered aboard the flagship Odin, the vessels destined for Disney Castle's east hangar would be cut off by "inter-space turbulence".

Only a third were expected to reach their destination, and not without damage.
The rest would be forced to land in the "worlds between", temporarily beyond King Mickey's reach.

Animus gave the unconscious Ogen an affectionate pat on the shoulder. "Best of luck to you, lad," he said, before returning to the mob of refugees and wounded. Like so much that had already happened to the boy, it would be a matter of luck—something that Ogen, despite what he claimed, had no short supply of.
No, the ones who truly need luck are here.

Animus had a slight smile on his lips as the madness continued to unfold before him, the same comfortable smirk of just a few hours earlier, when the world was still alive. Radiant Garden had been blackened and hollowed again. The ones who would need the most luck of all were hurtling through space, in fragile crafts that could be blown off-course with a bat of His Majesty's eyelid.

My last mission has begun, and there's no denying that it will be a good one.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards

The gauntleted hand came to rest on Animus's shoulder, and the white dia'seri sewn into Quel'loyen's coat still encased him in a pale, white light. Tal'shendar did not smile, his face grim. The refugees were leaving aboard the ships, and he had found Animus once again, after losing him in several crowds, as the scholar emerged from one of the ships. "Last call before departing!" cried the pilot from the ship his fated enemy had left.

"DeCavis." The surname rolled off of his tongue in familiarity, as Quel'loyen strode to come alongside his supposed mirror-opposite. "We must leave this defiled Garden, before His Majesty arrives, no? After all, those given such gifts as ours cannot travel alone, can they? And we cannot leave Ogen all alone." He leaned into Animus' ear at the final statement, whispering it softly.And I have an innate desire to keep a close eye on you and the boy, though we both know of that, do we not? You reek of darkness, the two of you.

Tal'shendar gestured only once towards the ship Animus had recently vacated. "Inside, now." As they entered the ship, Animus seemingly unflustered, as usual, Quel'loyen sealed the doors behind him, barely able to contain the smoldering cataclysm he desired to inflict. Turning to the pilot, he smiled grimly. "Begin your course, captain, before the Reaver Ships keep us from going anywhere at all. My friend here was just looking for me before the ship took off. Animus," he motioned to DeCavis, "and I are merely watching after the boy here." Quel'loyen motioned to the Voidling Child, noticing him when he entered with DeCavis. It was unconscious, or sleeping. We shall all return to sleep, soon, will we not?

The ship took off with its passengers, into Radiant Garden's atmosphere. Tal'shendar cared not of the destination, nor of whether or not the ship itself would be intercepted by the enemy. You would run with the Voidling, wouldn't you? The heart of a scholar you seem to still have, though, what if I merely decide to unlock it, and peer into such an enlightening luminescence - for does not a great light exist in such unfathomable darkness?

No matter. You must be taught your true purpose, DeCavis, and I am willing to use any means to ensure you understand the price of knowledge.

Last edited:

Chromatic

Become
Awards

“Splendid then!” The young creeper chimed enthusiastically at the Keybearers decision, however hesitant. Amusing was the thought that passed through the Halloweentowner’s mind as he made his way into the castle with her. Were she not a Keybearer, he might have felt more suited to accompany her to the battlefields, and engage the Eclipse Army and impede their march towards the castle. Yet the soothingly awkward disposition of his commitment lead him away from the scene of death which he could so easily treasure and appreciate despite the tragedy, and drew him towards the scenes of fear and mourning. Perhaps, then, it was the truth that whichever way he went allowed him the stand amongst a vibe that was of his own nature…

With as lively a step as he had ever had before, he made his way through the castle with the young girl, until the arrived where they needed to be. Several Gummi Ships were docked ahead of them, each large enough to carry a multitude of survivors to another world of safety. Surrounding the ships, a mob of said saviors flocked, and pushed to earn their spot amongst the first vessels to flee the world. As he neared the bustling masses, which weren’t really masses by Garden standards, Anton felt strangely at home. “Keep steady, all,” he said to a crowd as he passed by. “We don’t leave a person behind!” He cut through the crowds, poking and “joke” slashing his scythe at stragglers, reminding them to “keep the lines moving.”

Eventually, the time came that the majority of the people had been divvied out into the ships they’d be taking off the world. At that time, it became apparent to Anton that he would also have to decide to board a ship… or not. The moment passed in which he was unsure whether to stay and fight for the dying world, and probably die as well, or to make his departure with the Keybearers and other guardians. The sounds of the Gummi ship engines began to roar louder, and a voice from inside called for him to make up his mind. “Anton fears not Death,” he whispered. “But just because the good lady is opening her arms, doesn’t mean Anton must embrace her so. Keybearer’s are Anton’s first priority! Then comes seeing Lady Death.”

Anton walked to the open door into the nearest Gummi Ship. In a moment of frantic panic, he looked and felt at his shoulders for something… there was nothing. He raced his hand up to his top hat, and sighed a relief. Midnight cawed softly in indication that he had in fact rejoined his keeper. “Good Crow!” Anton said rewardingly. “Let us go then, OK?” Knowing he had everything he would need for the trip, Anton entered the ship.​

HollowHero

"Hmm...They left. Oh, well at least the initial test performed well. I guess I was hoping for too much. I guess it just started to spread its roots. Now then, I should be able to find what I need in the basement computer. That data I locked away."

Said Mephiles as he stood with his back to the wall. Slowly he sunk into the shadows and disappears from sight. Meanwhile in the basement Mephiles appears in front of a door. As he opens the door, he finds himself in a small circular room.

"Now then it should be around here."

Mephiles said as he feels around the wall. *Click*

"Found it."

As he pushes in a small part of the wall, a door opens revealing a hallway. As Mephiles walks through, he comes to a computer terminal. He begins typing away as a small window pops up on screen.

"Download Data File to disk Y/N?"

As Mephiles hits the Y key, a new window opens.

Password:

Mephiles cannot help but smile as he quickly enters the password. A download bar quick appears and finishes.

"Very good. And now that I got what I came here for...may as well have some fun destroying this thing."

As Mephiles pulls out the disk, his Guardian appears and begins to destroy the computer. After the computer is completely torn, apart Mephiles's Guardian vanishes.

"Now then time to start on my back up plan."

Mephiles says as he vanishes into a Corridor of Darkness.

Endless Strategy

Galom soared through the air with Malik trailing close behind, each leaving a small silver trail of dust in their wake. Overwhelmed by the joy of flight, Galom increased his speed, all the while combing the ground for someone who looked like Malik. There was no sign of the boy as of yet, but instead a grimmer sight filled the streets, Reavers.

They scuttled on like one giant metallic wave, covering the streets so that the ground could not be seen. They trampled over corpses indiscriminately, single mindfully moving on, filling the air with a ceaseless clattering of metal on stone. Their eyes shone in the darkness, red and uncaring, their blades poised to rip any opposition to shreds, even Galom himself.

Galom immediately wavered, his body dipping lower in the air. The pixie dust was losing effect. “More Joy, forget the darkness!” Galom commanded himself in frustration, causing him to descend further. Taking a deep breath, Galom calmed himself, and was soon soaring as before.

“That’s Hunter!” Malik shouted, pointing out a teenager running from the Reaver flood some four-stories below. Even from their height, it was evident the boy was desperate. The never ending opposition was gaining on him every second, chasing him down no matter how hard he tried to shake them off. It would be less than ten minutes before they reached the castle, at this rate.

“Follow me!” Galom said. The two shot downwards towards Hunter, catching his attention in the process. He asked no questions; the sight of his brother was enough to invoke understanding amongst the trio. Hunter stood and raised his hands as the Reavers came within striking distance. Galom and Malik worked in tandem, lifting Hunter into the sky between the two of them with his hands wrapped around their shoulders. The Reavers continued on as if nothing had occurred: their march to the castle continued. But one more life had been saved, and the trio made their way back to the castle in haste.

By the time they returned more than half of the Gummi ships were gone, with still more closing their hatches every moment. Ignoring protocol, the three flew towards the nearest ship and bursted through the entryway into the inner body of the ship, safe at last. Galom heaved a sigh, then promptly collapsed on the floor, exhaustion overcoming the collector. “Perhaps now…” Galom thought as he drifted off to sleep “I can at last rest”

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards

(Play links for added effects)

Where am I?

You are safe.

But where am I?

Home.

Ogen opened his eyes. White. Everything was white. No shape or color apart from his own. Just white. A complete void. Perfect. It was somewhat frightening being in a place without any sort of familiar boundaries or rules, yet, at the same time, comforting. It felt pure, safe; like all the trouble and pain of the worlds were kept securely outside of this realm of white. It was his own, private sanctuary where he could never be hurt or scared by anyone or anything. It was perfect. Or so he thought.

The realm of white shook violently. Dark walls rose from beneath the void, stretching high into the white space like towering obelisks. They insulted the purity of the realm, staining it with their presence. Their very existence in the realm of white simply felt wrong. What were these foreign, black walls that stood so boastfully in Ogen’s perfect sanctuary? Over what felt like a hour, but was likely just mere minutes, more and more walls rose, piercing the white underbelly of the void like thorns through the flesh, and combined together with the initial walls, slowly giving shape and form to the intrusive object. Finally, the tremors stopped and the walls came to a hault, finishing the structure of a grand, black fortress before him.

The boy was awestruck. The fortress that loomed before him was massive, beyond anything he had ever seen. Ansem’s castle in Radiant Garden looked like a molehill compared to the mountain of a fortress that stood proudly before the boy. Ogen rose to his feet and, against his better judgement--all of his judgement, really, ran on pure impulse toward the towering structure. He wasn’t quite sure exactly why he had done it. Normally, Ogen would avoid things such as this, especially anything that looked as foreboding as this fortress. But even then, there was just something. He had to reach that castle for some reason. And so he ran and he ran, yet made no apparent progress toward the fortress. Like running on a treadmill, the castle stayed as far away as it had been, teasing and mocking Ogen. Disheartened by his lack of progress, as well as being suddenly stripped of all of his breath, Ogen stopped in his tracks and collapsed onto his knees, his eyes still fixed squarely on the fortress before him.

He simply couldn't explain it. In truth, Ogen really did not want to go to the fortress. Its grandness and dark appearance unnerved the boy. And yet, there was something that was pulling him toward the castle, something he felt he needed. However, try as he might, the castle still stayed firmly out of reach, like a fleeing memory just out of reach. Ogen wanted to get up and start running toward the castle once again, drawn by the mysterious force that tug at the boy‘s heart, yet he knew doing so would do no good. The fortress would simply remain out of his reach. So, instead, the boy just sat there, staring at the castle.

What is in there, I wonder?

You are.

What!? What do you mean I'm in there!? I'm right here!

You are. You are here, and yet you are there. The you that is there is the you that you once were. It is the true you. The you that is here is but a shadow, nothing more than a remnant of the you that resides behind those walls. You are what is left.

The true me? Do you mean my memories are in there?

Yes, they are. And yet, they are not.

But that makes no sense! How can they be in there if they aren't!?

That is a question you must find out on your own.

What? Dammit! Wait! Who are you?

The void around the fortress began to crack and splinter, flinging visible shards of the void skyward. The shards fell back down, pulled by gravity, and let out a chime as they made impact with the void’s floor. In the blink of an eye, the floor beneath the fortress gave way and the mighty black fortress quickly disappeared from Ogen's view, sinking like a rock into an ocean of blackness that seemed to exist beyond the white walls of Ogen‘s void. The cracks continued outward from where the fortress once stood, running along the entirety of the void. From the floor, to the walls, all the way up to the ceiling of the void space. The cracks continued to spread further and further, covering the once white purity of the void with a black web.

Suddenly, a large chunk of void gave way from the ceiling, the black nothingness peering in from behind it. The purity of the realm had been all but lost now, contaminated by the blackness from outside its walls. The chunk of void crashed into the floor and, in an almost instant domino effect, the void completely shattered. Just like that, it was gone. Ogen’s sanctuary, where he was free from the problems of the outside world, was gone. Ogen felt the floor slip out from underneath him and, without any sort of floor for him to stand upon, soon found himself in a state of free-fall amidst the falling shards of--well, of whatever Ogen was in. It's hard to call it a void, at this point.

What Ogen was in now, however, was definitely more along the lines of what one could call a void. Blackness. Infinite. No boundaries. No familiarities. It was just like the white realm Ogen was in previously, however, unlike that sanctuary, this realm felt dark. It felt uninviting and corrupted. It felt evil. It offered no feeling of safety or comfort, but instead drowned all hope in its sea of blackness.

Your void felt safe. It offered comfort. It was pure. No problems that plague the worlds. It was your sanctuary. Do you want it back?

Yes. I want to go back.

Of course you do. But you can’t. You cannot hide from the problems plaguing the worlds. No one can. Their problems are your problems. So you must face problems. Fight them. Beat them.

Ogen wanted to reply. Truly, he did. However, there was simply nothing he could say. That voice, whatever it may be, was right. Ogen couldn’t just hide from the problems and pretend everything was alright. He had to face them, whether he like it or not.

But how can I fight them?

You can. You will. Don’t worry. I will help. But for now, sleep. Soon you will, but not now. No, now you sleep.

Ogen continued to fall through the void. Down, down, down he went, nothing to look at besides the ever-present nothingness and the white shards falling beside him. Ogen soon found the passing of time becoming more sporadic, slipping more and more from his grasp the longer he fell. At some point during the free-fall, though Ogen didn't know quite when, the shards of white had somehow vanished, leaving Ogen alone in the void of nothingness. Alone and with nothing to look at, Ogen closed his eyes and fell asleep.

---------​

"Four keybladers? Bloody hell..."

The Gummi ship pilot looked his passengers over, studying the four keyblade wielders, which included the still-unconscious Ogen; his savior, Animus; the ever-untrusting Quel'loyen; and another keyblade wielder who, like Ogen, was currently unconscious. With them was a small group of about seven citizens, mainly stragglers that had missed the primary evacuation fleet and had instead wound up leaving with the keyblade wielders, among them an elderly couple and a small, dirtied girl.

"Alright, you two," the pilot started, motioning to Animus and Quel'loyen. "Make sure to pass the following on to your two friends there." The pilot cleared his throat. "We are currently en route to Crossroad City Superbia Major, now more commonly referred to as 'Corona Major'." The pilot rose from his chair and began pacing a short trail across the hull of the Gummi Ship, his hands held firmly behind his back. "The city is under Eclipse Army control, however, their presence in the city is limited to a few dozen Reavers and one or two marshals, meaning the four of you should be able to navigate through the city without too much opposition or risk of alerting the enemy." The pilot looked at the keyblade wielders, a small smile creeping onto his face. "That is, if you don't mess with any of the Reavers or marshals. Just keep quiet and out of plain sight and you should do fine."

The pilot walked back to his seat, bending over to grab a small folder next to the seat. He opened the folder and quickly glanced over it before continuing. "You'll need to seek out King Louie. He's the rebellion's main informant in the city and is the one that harbors and protects our rebellion members in Corona Major." The pilot closed the folder quickly and dropped it back to where it was. "You won't be able to meet with him in public, as doing so would blow his cover and jeopardize this and future missions. You will have to try finding a way to meet with him without drawing any attention to either him or yourselves, preferably somewhere where no one will see you speaking with him. Once you make contact with King Louie, he'll have you smuggled to one of the remaining rebellion worlds. And one more thing..." The pilot turned around to face the keyblade wielders once again. "Should something go wrong, anything whatsoever, your first priority is to get to safety. You are vital to the Eclipse King's downfall and losing even one of you to unnecessary heroism or pride is a loss that the Rebellion simply cannot suffer. Is that understood?"

---------​

Wake up. You have arrived.

Ogen groaned as he struggled to open his eyes. He had stopped falling, he knew that much for sure. He felt that he was lying on some sort of surface now. It felt smooth and cold, almost like glass, yet it felt sturdy enough to support him and did not seem to bend to his weight. Whatever it was, though, Ogen didn’t care. It was solid. It was some sort of floor. He was happy.

Where am I?

You are where you were, simply in a different part.

Ogen pushed himself upward, rising clumsily to his feet. He wasn’t sure how long he had been falling, but his whole body felt numb and tingly. His eyes were still straining to open against some sort of light that seemed to be resonating, making getting up slightly harder. He nearly lost his balance near the end and barely managed to catch himself by quickly throwing his arms out to his side to try to regain his balance, rotating them quickly to pull himself forward. Eventually, Ogen finally made it to his feet, becoming slightly light-headed and dizzy due to some sort of sudden rush of blood from his head.

Finally, Ogen managed to open his eyes, though still strained slightly to the light. However, he was certainly not ready for what he saw. He now found himself standing on top of a large pillar, the top completely white, which stretched down into the black void and pass his range of sight. All around him, however, still stood the black void from before. He had to admit, though, that the ability to once again stand on his feet was more pleasant that free-falling through the void. Being able to finally think about it, Ogen really found this place to be very strange, even more so than the black fortress and the white void.

Ogen walked for a short amount of time, his shoes making a loud echo with each step. And though while he walked, he had nowhere to go. He was isolated to the surface of the pillar, nothing else but void as far as the eye could see. But still, Ogen walked. What elese was there that he could do, anyways? He walked along the side of the surface, peering over the edge to see just how far down he could see. Not very. He peered upward back in the direction he assumed he had come from. Nothing.

What is this place?

It is your Station.

Ogen spun on the ball of his heel, turning toward the direction of the voice. The boy’s eyes fell upon a black, featureless figure on the other side of the pillar, the strange light that resonated from the surface of the pillar, his ‘Station‘, as the figure had called it, faintly illuminating the figure enough for Ogen to make him out against the void behind him.

You’re the voice from before, aren’t you?

Correct.

You said this was my Station?

Yes. Your Station. Or rather, it was your Station. The true you. However, remnant, your station is more like this.

The top of the pillar began to crack, lines forming on one side and moving all the way to the other, branching off into multiple limbs along the way. Just like the white realm before it, so too did the Station become cracked. Numerous cracks had been formed along the top of the Station, splitting and separating the top into thousands of smaller sections.

Yes. This is better. This is accurate. This is your Station, a Station cracked and fractured. Disconnected from itself. Unchained.

I don't understand what you mean. How is this more accurate?

Your Station is cracked. Your heart is cracked. Memories unchained. Disconnected. Your Station is broken. Your chain of memories is broken. The chain must be restored. Then Station will be fixed. Then heart will be fixed.

Chains? Broken? What do you mean? Does this have something to do with my memories?

You are but one loop, one section of the Station. Find other loops. Restore chain. Restore memories. Restore the true you.

The true me? Like the me in the black fortress?

Yes. But the chains are hidden. Lost. Separated and disconnected. Restore them. Restore you. Find them. Find you. But doing so will be dangerous. Ever so dangerous. Forces will stand against you. But you must prevail. Otherwise chains will remain disconnected. Otherwise you will remain a shadow. That's no good. No, certainly not. Don‘t worry. I will help.

The black figure flew toward Ogen with great speed, not giving the boy even enough time to draw his keyblade. The figure passed into Ogen's body, disappearing into the boy. Ogen, in response, quickly grabbed at his chest, the shock and the chill of the figure passing into him nearly overwhelming the boy. His fingertips felt numb and his whole body tingled with a strange sensation.

Those who will stand in your way. Those that tear and break. They who command the mob. The envious moon that hides the sun. They will try to stop you. They will come at you with steel and magic. But you must prevail. You must win. Don't worry. I will help.

Before Ogen could even respond to the voice, a great figure rose from the void on the other side of the Station. The mere size of the figure was overwhelming, casting a dark shadow across the fractured Station. It's silver metal stood out well against the black background of the void, allowing Ogen to quickly recognize what it was. A Reaver. A very large Reaver. However, Ogen noted that it felt...different. The other Reavers always felt cold and lifeless, nothing more than mindless drones of the Eclipse King's army. But this one, it felt as if it were alive. Not just a machine running off a heart, but as if it were a machine with a heart. But was that possible? Surely it couldn’t be, could it? The Reaver also gave off an overwhelming feel of doom and hopelessness, and not simply due to its massive stature, which caused Ogen to be overcome with fear.

I can't fight this thing!

You can. We can. You will. We will. It is one that will stand in your way. You must restore the chain. You must restore yourself. Fix your chain of memories. Fix your Station. Fix your heart. You must in order to become the true you again. But they will stand in your way. They will try to stop you. So you must fight them. If you don't, you can't restore the chain. You can't become the true you again. Fight they who tear and break. Oppose those who command the mob. Slay the jealous moon who hides the sun. You must fight them. Don't worry. I will help.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards

"So it is done." The Eclipse King watched as the final Gummi Ship rocketed into the sky and retreated from Radiant Garden, watching it disappear into the dark veil over the world. And with that, Radiant Garden had fallen. There was one less world held by the rebellion and the King was now one step closer to realizing his goal.

"Abel!" the king called out, summoning the small marshal before him. "We have completed what we have set out to do here. Now, even the so-called Capital of Light has submitted to my darkness. And soon, so too will the Rebellion. They have suffered a great loss in both territory and manpower. But we cannot stop yet. Rats fight the most viciously when cornered."

"Yes, sir," Abel chirped in response. He took a second to dislodge an impaled head from the blade of Boreas, the head making a sickening slurping and scratching sound as the blade slipped out of the skull and brain. He looked at the head for a second and held it up in front of the Eclipse King by the hair like a child showing its parent his accomplishment. "More blood of those silly keyblade wielders that dared oppose you now soak the ground. And more will soon follow!" The young boy let out a gleeful laugh through a large smile. "They were stupid to think their little power could stand against the all-powerful Eclipse King and his army, weren't they sir?"

The King smiled and patted the young boy on the head. "Quite," he said, turning his gaze from the boy and into the sky. "Even now, they play out my plan perfectly. They lead our acquaintance into their nests as we speak. They might as well be leaving a bread-crumb trail for us to follow. And with our acquaintance on the inside, the location of the remaining Rebellion worlds can be relayed to us one by one, until the last nest is ours. Then, the real fun begins."

Abel let loose another gleeful laugh. "So I get to kill more people?" He held his halberd up, showing off the blood that garnished the weapon. "I get more time to play?"

"You will," the Eclipse King responded, his smile vanishing from his face. "But not now." The King place his hand on the boy's shoulder. "The people left on this world are innocent and are not, under any circumstances, to be harmed. Is that understood, Abel?"

Abel's gleeful smile fled his face and was quickly replaced by a pout. He mumbled something under his breath and looked away from the Eclipse King, trying to hold back some tears. "Okay, fine," he finally muttered, obviously upset at the King's orders. "No more play time for now."

The Eclipse King smiled once more and patted the boy on his head. "That's a good boy." The King turned and began to walk back to the market place. "Be sure to relay those orders to the other marshals right away. Otherwise, you will be blamed for their mistakes, understood? Also, once you have finished, return to base and wait for my return. I shouldn't be too long."

Abel nodded to the Eclipse King's orders and took flight to relay the King's message to the other marshals.

---------​

Don't worry. I will help.

Ogen's body moved on it's own, his right arm drawing back for a punch. It was crazy! How could he do any damage to something like that with just a punch!? But his body wouldn’t respond to his logic, forcing Ogen to remain a spectator from within his own body. As the giant Reaver's hand grew closer and closer to Ogen, his body began radiating with a strange, black energy. It felt strange and somewhat wrong, but, regardless, Ogen welcomed the sudden surge of energy and power it seemed to bring with it. He felt strong and, for the first time Ogen could remember, confident. With the Reaver's massive palm right in front of him, Ogen let loose his punch.

Don't worry. I will help.

The power that surged within Ogen multiplied tremendously upon his attack. His right arm was engulfed in a black flame, which took the shape of a giant, black arm. It slammed into the Reaver's palm, crushing the metal plating that protected it like a paper cup. The arm continued onward, ripping and burning through the Reaver's palm like tissue paper until it broke through completely, ripping a large hole through the Reaver's palm. Such power! To think that it actually came from him left the boy speechless. The Reaver let out a loud, metallic cry, pulling its arm back in what appeared to be pain. A thick, black, oily substance oozed from the Reaver's wound and seemed to slightly corrode the metal around the wound.

Wha-wha... H-How... D-Did I just... Did I do that!?

You must fight them. They will try to oppose you. You must prevail to restore the chain. Don't worry. I will help.

Who... What are you!?

I am a shadow. I am always with you, even if you don't see me. I stay. I protect. I guard. I fight. I am but a piece. A loop. But I am still with you. I was with the true you, even if you didn't know I was there. I am with the remnant you, and now you see that I am here. I will be with you if you are restored, even if you forget that I am here. I will fight. I will protect. I will help restore the chain. Help restore the Station. Help restore the heart. Help restore the true you. Don't worry. I will help.

I don't understand.

You can understand later. For now, they continue to stand in your way. They continue to oppose. So you must fight so that you can restore the chain. Don't worry. I will help.

Ogen's body once again began moving on its own accord, running straight toward the Reaver, which seemed intent on getting even with Ogen for punching a hole through its hand. Ogen--or rather the being that was currently controlling him--seemed to have other plans, however, and held his hand out to his side, summoning the Deus ex Machina to him. Ogen, however, didn’t quite like the idea of running straight toward a pissed-off, giant Reaver, but, still, had little actual say in the matter, so he simply kept quiet and let the puppet master do his stuff. The tip of the blade was engulfed by a black fire, one similar to the fire that had earlier engulfed the boy‘s arm. Ogen swung his arm upwards and pointed the tip of the blade toward the Reaver's face, staring the machine in its rage-filled eyes. A black spear erupted from the tip of the keyblade, followed by another and another. The spears pelted the Reaver's face, causing the creature to yell in pain and raise its arm to block the attack.

Ogen jumped. He jumped higher than he had ever jumped before, up toward the face of the Reaver. He knew this couldn't have been his power, could it? It had to have been that shadow, that thing's power that now allowed the boy to jump this high, right? No way could Ogen have been harboring this kind of power inside of him and not know it, right? Or could he have? After all, he had been harboring his guardian, Umbra, all this time and didn't know it. Maybe this really was his power.

Ogen was quickly pulled from his thoughts as his eyes met with the Reaver's. He had reached the giant construct's face and, in doing so, Ogen was able to see just how furious the Reaver was at the boy. The look in its eyes. Had Ogen not known any better, he would have thought he was facing a human. And that thought, that simple little thought of the Reaver, caused Ogen to question himself. If this Reaver could feel anger, if he could feel pain, then what made the machine so different from himself? His 'friend', however, was not quite as interested in the Reaver's 'feelings' as Ogen was, and quickly continued the assault, digging the Deus ex Machina's blade deep into the Reaver's face. The Reaver's subsequent cry of agony was quickly cut short, as a giant spear of darkness was released from the keyblade and blew the Reaver's head apart. It’s body fell limp, slumping backwards until it passed its apex, from which point it tipped and fell backwards into the void, swallowed by the sea of blackness.

Ogen felt sick. It was a Reaver, yes, but it was different. It was alive. It felt. It had emotions. It was almost like a human. But that thing... It killed it! It wasn't any better than the Eclipse King, his marshals, or his Reavers!

You monster! You killed it!

It stood in your way. It opposed you. You have to fight to restore the chain. Restore the Station. Restore the heart. Restore the true you. Don't worry. I will--

No! No you will not help me! You killed it! You killed it and you did it using my hands! My hands! It was alive! A being with its own heart! But you killed it! You mowed it down without discrimination!

It stood in your way. It opposed you.

So!?

Your chain of memories is undone. Separated. Disconnected. Unchained. You must restore it. You must become the true you. But they will oppose you. So you must fight. Don't worry. I will--

But what if I don't want to become the 'true me!?'

What if I want to stay Ogen!? What if I don't want to become who I once was!? What then!?

You must restore your chain of memories.

No! I won't!

You must restore your Station. Restore your heart.

No!

You must restore the true you.

No! I won't do it! I am me and I will stay me!

Don't worry.

Leave me alone! Go away!!!

I WILL HELP.

---------​

Ogen woke up with a start. Sweat ran down his face, collecting at his chin into a small drop of water and, when gravity's pull was too much, fell into the boy's lap. His breathing was hard and labored. His eyes stared out, full of fear and panic. Had it all been a dream? The void? The Station? The black figure? The Reaver? Was it all just a dream? Did it actually happen?

"Hey, is he alright?"

Ogen turned toward the direction of the voice, seeing the pilot of the Gummi Ship looking back at him with a somewhat concerned, though mainly confused, look on his face. Ogen then realized that his little "wake up start" must have shocked the others quite a bit. Wait--the others?

Ogen looked around. The last he could remember, before his hellish little trip into the void, he had been shielding a girl from the Eclipse King’s attack. But now, it seemed he was in a Gummi Ship, along with Animus and the older keyblade wielder, as well as another keyblade wielder, who was currently out like Ogen just was, and a small group of former Radiant Garden citizens. So, if he was in a Gummi Ship, that must have meant they got away? They had made it from Radiant Garden?

"So wait, does that mean--"

Ogen grabbed his stomach and doubled over, letting out a loud moan of pain, which quickly escalated into a full-out yell of pain. He had sustained a lot of injuries from the Eclipse King's Retribution, having taking the brunt of the attack while guarding that girl. He wondered if she had made it out okay. Though that thought was quickly replaced by the presence of overwhelming pain. While he didn't know exactly how many, Ogen was sure several of his ribs had been broken by the force of the attack. His arms felt a little burnt, as if he had been exposed to the sun for an extended amount of time. There were a few cuts and scrapes across his body, but, fortunately, none of them were bleeding out profusely.

"I heard you went up against the Eclipse King by yourself," the pilot said, a small smile on his face. "You're pretty gutsy kid. I'm impressed."

Ogen managed a slight smile through the pain. "Well, not exactly. I ended up taking the blunt of an attack shielding this girl." He chuckled slightly. I didn't even reach the Eclipse King. His attack came out of nowhere and 'boom', I was out." Ogen paused for a second. He knew he had just said that, right? But... was that really him? Or was it Umbra? He shook his head, brushing the thought off.

Ogen's eyes widened. "But the Eclipse King!" He looked at Animus and the other keyblade wielders, back toward the citizen, then back toward the pilot. He moved too quickly, however, and the pain poured back into Ogen's body, causing the boy to let out another yelp of pain. "He...He...He wanted us to go." He stared out again, his eyes looking as if he were miles away. "He took it easy. He let us go. If he had really wanted us dead, he would have mowed us down in the blink of an eye. No, the Eclipse King didn't want us dead. He has something in store for us. We've played right into his hands and we didn't even know it."

--End of Chapter--

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back