• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts early trailer.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

bakuDD

Here is an early Japanese trailer I found for Kingdom Hearts. I got this from a rare promotional disc which was given out at certain real estate tours. I was wondering if this video had any "interesting" content. I'm not too familiar with the game so perhaps some of you could analyze it better than I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak6GkBWkrfo

Regards.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Uhm, nothing much to say.
Some things look different (the waterfall in Tarzan, HP spheres, the pedestal at the Coliseum), some effects are different, like explosions and such.
There's a chest during the white rabbit curscene which isn't in the actual game, some unseen character shots.
The oddest thing is that flying pirate seemingly jumping out of the water at 2:26.

Still, it's a nice little thing. Thanks for posting it!

Last edited:

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Is it just me or do the Shadows and Nocturnes look bigger than in the actual game? Maybe it's just the camera angles.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Is it just me or do the Shadows and Nocturnes look bigger than in the actual game? Maybe it's just the camera angles.

Nah. The heartless actually appear bigger in size in KH1 than in KH2, especially the KH1-shadows are huge in comparison to Sora.

ngc50

Awards
It looks like the air pirates had a splash animation added to their moves as well (2:26). This is a cool trailer in that there's a lot more polish than the very first trailer, yet remnants of it are still present. Looks like they updated the fish faces between this trailer and release.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Innnnnteresting.

This trailer seems to be a recut of the original beta trailer.

You can see an even earlier version here: [video=youtube;ori-1zhIgcY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ori-1zhIgcY[/video]

Muke

whatever
Awards
dont remind me.

rhs5Jqa.png
uN6NSOC.png

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I know you're joking, but at the time even those low-poly models were considered impressive.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Innnnnteresting.

This trailer seems to be a recut of the original beta trailer.

You can see an even earlier version here: [video=youtube;ori-1zhIgcY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ori-1zhIgcY[/video]

Too bad, Disney Castle was cut from the first game. It would be nice to visit it without having to rely on hacking, which I've heard can ruin your game.

Neo_

Awards
Too bad, Disney Castle was cut from the first game. It would be nice to visit it without having to rely on hacking, which I've heard can ruin your game.
And I wonder what type of business Sora had there without Donald and Goofy in his party.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Probably nothing. The area would have had to be built regardless of if it was just a cutscene or not. Since we don't see any story happening in that part, I'm actually of the mind they just did a run of Sora running through various worlds to add mystique to the trailer.

Liraxus

Uhm, nothing much to say.
Some things look different (the waterfall in Tarzan, HP spheres, the pedestal at the Coliseum), some effects are different, like explosions and such.
There's a chest during the white rabbit curscene which isn't in the actual game, some unseen character shots.
The oddest thing is that flying pirate seemingly jumping out of the water at 2:26.

Still, it's a nice little thing. Thanks for posting it!

Should probably add that there's two Sky Pirate's at Big Ben at 1:30, I don't recall any Heartless except for Phantom appearing at that area.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Things I've noticed from early trailers is that there used to be Heartless you could fight in the Agrabah desert (which you only see a Save Point or Carpet-flying in now). Apparently the station platforms were different with circles overlaying the drawings; I'm glad that changed.

There's a lot of cut scenes I would've liked to have seen: a scene with Kairi and Riku on the platform at DI (the one where Kairi talks about how "Riku's changed" and they should take the raft and go); also a scene with Kairi and Sora on the same platform with their legs hanging over the edge; Riku and Xehanort's heartless on the island where Sora fights the Darkside at the end of DI; Riku and Kairi on the Neverland clocktower. I wish they'd kept all of those, tbh.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
There's a lot of cut scenes I would've liked to have seen: a scene with Kairi and Riku on the platform at DI (the one where Kairi talks about how "Riku's changed" and they should take the raft and go); also a scene with Kairi and Sora on the same platform with their legs hanging over the edge; Riku and Xehanort's heartless on the island where Sora fights the Darkside at the end of DI; Riku and Kairi on the Neverland clocktower. I wish they'd kept all of those, tbh.
two of them were in coded at least

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back