• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance to be localised into Spanish and Italian!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Speaking at Lucca Comics & Games 2016 this year, Kingdom Hearts series producer Shinji Hashimoto confirmed that Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD will finally be getting Spanish and Italian translations.

Long-time fans who were around in 2012 would remember the announcement that the original game would not be receiving Spanish and Italian translations. In fact, Nintendo Ibérica did not even distribute Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] on 3DS systems in 2012. It's disappointing that it took this long for the game to be available with these translations, however we are thrilled for fans to enjoy the game in these languages.

Thanks to koi-nya.net.

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD is a part of Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue, which releases January 24th 2017 on Playstation 4.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Now I'll get to play the game in two languages I understand. Sweet! <3

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I'm confused. Will it be localized as in dubbed? Or just receive a translation? Also, in that case, would I be able to select a Spanish option for the NA release? I know I've played other NA distributed Disney games that let me select a Spanish text option.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Just translation, should have English audio.

As for your other question, it's unknown so far. Square has been releasing more games with multiple language options lately but nothing has been formally revealed for this game yet.

appleboy82791

Awards
This may be a dumb question but...
Are there region restrictions and differences when it comes to the PS4?
I know you couldn't play the original Japanese Final Mix versions on a PS2 unless it was a Japanese PS2. But also I know the original BBS FM was playable on PSPs from other regions.

So really what I'm getting at is, will I be able to play the Italian version of 2.8 on a PS4 in the US? I would really love to have the Italian translation of this game.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I presume it's just subtitles right? because if they go all the way with dubbing then that'd be really impressive!

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
This may be a dumb question but...
Are there region restrictions and differences when it comes to the PS4?
I know you couldn't play the original Japanese Final Mix versions on a PS2 unless it was a Japanese PS2. But also I know the original BBS FM was playable on PSPs from other regions.

So really what I'm getting at is, will I be able to play the Italian version of 2.8 on a PS4 in the US? I would really love to have the Italian translation of this game.

The PS4 is Region Free.

Though, honestly, you'll probably not need an italian version of the game to play it in Italian.
A lot of games have it so that the game detects what language your system is set at, and then chooses that language for the game.
You can pop in your old copy of DDD in your 3DS, for example, and if your 3DS' language is set to French then the game will automatically be in French.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I presume it's just subtitles right? because if they go all the way with dubbing then that'd be really impressive!
They never dub side-games. Only numbered games get dubs.
It's like that in Germany (and any other country), too.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
It is sub only.
Can't wait to see what they mess up this time. Italian translation of Kingdom Hearts has never been stellar.
Xehanort's Reports in BbS sometimes even say the complete opposite of the english ones.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Ugh, the reports in German aren't too good either, I feel you Darkos. It's way too formal and in a very honorific way (which is acceptable in Xehanort's Letter). Though the translations are really, really good.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
In Italy you can find slight, not much of a deal mistakes like some Demyx mistranlations up to actual textual horrors. Another puzzling point is Ansem the Wise's explanations regarding Roxasn and Naminé in the journals: long story short, at times he claims two opposite things about them.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
In Italy you can find slight, not much of a deal mistakes like some Demyx mistranlations up to actual textual horrors. Another puzzling point is Ansem the Wise's explanations regarding Roxasn and Naminé in the journals: long story short, at times he claims two opposite things about them.
The English version also does that kind of at some point? At least in regard to Nami from what I remember.
Unless we're talking about different things lol. But at one point DiZ makes a theory about how Nami came into being in one report, and then makes a different (correct) one in another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back