• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD Remix?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Same here. I used Xbox headphones and always had the game on 3D to make it look bigger. I still believe it should get an HD remaster/remake/remix, but when it does, the draw distance needs to be adjusted so it doesn't look like a portable console *looks at bbs fm*

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
But assuming it gets a Remaster, does anyone think it'll feature another secret ending? Or have we had enough secret endings? I think it could touch another KH χ[chi] concept (perhaps something new that the second anniversary of PC χ[chi] might feature?)

The Dark Mamba

Awards
KINGDOM HEARTS 3D Dream. Drop. Distance. is DEFINITELY a game that can benefit from the graphics upgrade and bigger screen through a High-Definition remastering because it features BIG world areas that you traverse utilizing Flowmotion. Another benefit would be that with a HD console such as Sony's PlayStation 4, they can upgrade its sound and listen to the game through TV speakers, and not the small, and not-so-loud Nintendo 3DS speakers (I played through the game with my earphones on).

Probably being greedy but I'm praying it gets a Final Mix version.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
What more can they put into it? I can think of a secret ending, but nothing else.

New dream eaters/ challenges, story bosses like Xigbar or Frollo, new keyblades, new commands, cutscenes, fixing stuff like the drop meter during bosses. There's a bunch of stuff they could add. Hoping for it since the FM versions of KH2 and BBS make em feel like completely different games.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
The fm versions didn't make the games feel completely different, all they did was add miniscule things like areas and bosses. I would he okay with a frollo boss, Sho Minamoto boss, lowering the affinity level, modifying the drop gauge a little, adding a critical mode, have abilities gained from dream eaters be permanent like in bbs, and get rid of flick rush. Please.

Anagram

Banned
The fm versions didn't make the games feel completely different, all they did was add miniscule things like areas and bosses. I would he okay with a frollo boss, Sho Minamoto boss, lowering the affinity level, modifying the drop gauge a little, adding a critical mode, have abilities gained from dream eaters be permanent like in bbs, and get rid of flick rush. Please.

If they did all that I could even probably enjoy it.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
New dream eaters/
I think we have a sufficient amount of Dream Eaters, but the more the merrier, I guess. :E

story bosses like Xigbar or Frollo,
I can see this happening.

new keyblades, new commands,
Again: I think we have enough of this, but the more the better.

cutscenes,
I don't think they can't hype KINGDOM HEARTS III with more cutscenes, but rather another secret ending linking whatever the new story KH χchi introduces in its second anniversary.

Sho Minamoto boss, lowering the affinity level,
Although a Minamimoto fight would be coold to have, I'm actually not picturing one happening. I dunno. I just can't... :E

lowering the affinity level,
Didn't see anything wrong with this particular mechanic.

and get rid of flick rush. Please.
Oh, lol. I thought it was a good minigame. xD

shuyin_zer0

Awards
adding a critical mode

DDD already has a Critical Mode, you just have to finish the game to unlock it.

But assuming it gets a Remaster, does anyone think it'll feature another secret ending? Or have we had enough secret endings? I think it could touch another KH χ[chi] concept (perhaps something new that the second anniversary of PC χ[chi] might feature?)

There would definitely be some sort of KH3 teaser added to the game. Nomura loves his Please be exciteds.

All in all, the game could very well be packaged alone as a Final Mix, potentially being bundled with a KH3 demo.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I concur. They packaged FINAL FANTASY XI Episode Duscae with FF Type-0, so packaging KINGDOM HEARTS 3D Dream. Drop. Distance. Final Mix HD ReMix, another portable game remade in HD, with KHIII, another big console game, would work. And both 3D and 3 are VERY related, seeing as how 3D is basically the settlement of KH3.

shuyin_zer0

Awards
I concur. They packaged FINAL FANTASY XI Episode Duscae with FF Type-0, so packaging KINGDOM HEARTS 3D Dream. Drop. Distance. Final Mix HD ReMix, another portable game remade in HD, with KHIII, another big console game, would work. And both 3D and 3 are VERY related, seeing as how 3D is basically the settlement of KH3.

Exactly. Even if they don't intend on porting the PS3 remasters to current-gen, DDD has those primers that summarize the storyline leading up to the game, which they could easily move to the main menu (like FFXIII-2 had for XIII) to get new players up to speed. From a business perspective, this is their best bet rather than spending unnecessary amounts to port over 1.5 and 2.5

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Exactly. Even if they don't intend on porting the PS3 remasters to current-gen, DDD has those primers that summarize the storyline leading up to the game, which they could easily move to the main menu (like FFXIII-2 had for XIII) to get new players up to speed. From a business perspective, this is their best bet rather than spending unnecessary amounts to port over 1.5 and 2.5

The upside of porting KINGDOM HEARTS HD ReMixes 1.5 & 2.5 to SONY'S PlayStation 4 is that more players can access the game, and due to Sony Computer Entertainment policies, they HAVE to make a downloadable version for PlayStation Network's digital store.

shuyin_zer0

Awards
The upside of porting KINGDOM HEARTS HD ReMixes 1.5 & 2.5 to SONY'S PlayStation 4 is that more players can access the game, and due to Sony Computer Entertainment policies, they HAVE to make a downloadable version for PlayStation Network's digital store.

Which is why, sadly, we'll never get them on the PS4. There is an undisclosed legal issue regarding digital releases of the games. Many speculate that it's due to use of Utada's music, but Nomura clarified after BBS was released that this isn't the case. (That being said, I will go into a fit of rage as both a massive Utada fan and a KH fan if they don't get her on board for KH3. haha)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
You have to beat the main game to unlock critical mode? That's sort of shite, I couldn't imagine playing a kh game twice unless my level/abilities/items carried over from another play through, and had every dream eater available from the beginning that you leveled.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Which is why, sadly, we'll never get them on the PS4. There is an undisclosed legal issue regarding digital releases of the games. Many speculate that it's due to use of Utada's music, but Nomura clarified after BBS was released that this isn't the case.
I'm pretty sure KINGDOM HEARTS III will be purchasable both physically, and digitally.

(That being said, I will go into a fit of rage as both a massive Utada fan and a KH fan if they don't get her on board for KH3. haha)
But, please. Let the intro song be something new. I like Hikari/Simple and Clean, and Passion/Sanctuary, but it's high time we got a NEW intro song, please.

You have to beat the main game to unlock critical mode? That's sort of shite, I couldn't imagine playing a kh game twice unless my level/abilities/items carried over from another play through, and had every dream eater available from the beginning that you leveled.
There are people who first play to experience the story, and then do Lv.1 Critical. :v

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
A director's cut DDD on PS4 w/ III demo AND some content from chi/unchained would be ideal, especially if the price tag was $40-$50 nee but that's moreso wishful thinking haha

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
A director's cut DDD on PS4 w/ III demo AND some content from chi/unchained would be ideal, especially if the price tag was $40-$50 nee but that's moreso wishful thinking haha

They can include a sort of summary of KINGDOM HEARTS χchi (but I wouldn't bet on that, seeing as how KH Unchained χchi is supposed to have the story accessible for us international players).

Aleena

Sure it may have an HD remake on the PS4 or PS3, but it will be extremely hard to do that. Unlike BBS which was already released on a Sony platform and ReCOM which was a ps2 game, DDD was released on a nintendo device, so if they wanna make the whole game playable on a Sony platform, they would basically need to remake the whole game. That would take a very long time. So considering that, if it does get a HD remake it would probably come out on ps4 because remaking the whole game instead of just cutscenes would be a while I think.

hlc1988

Awards
Sure it may have an HD remake on the PS4 or PS3, but it will be extremely hard to do that. Unlike BBS which was already released on a Sony platform and ReCOM which was a ps2 game, DDD was released on a nintendo device, so if they wanna make the whole game playable on a Sony platform, they would basically need to remake the whole game. That would take a very long time. So considering that, if it does get a HD remake it would probably come out on ps4 because remaking the whole game instead of just cutscenes would be a while I think.

They won't need to remake the whole game. It was made by the same team who made Birth By Sleep. And wasn't it made by the same engine? And its graphically the same as BBS which was on a hand-held console as well. It's easier then a few people believe it is, as far as I understand anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back