• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD Remix?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Denne

So what do you all think? will Kingdom Hearts DDD HD Remix come out on Ps3?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Tbh I'm hoping ps4, assuming its even in production, this would be a viable stepping stone for production like 1.5 and 2.5 were, the loading time would be greater, the framerate smoother, more room for improvement (additional content), and potentially better graphics however this is unlikely considering it ran on bbs' engine and they would have to recreate everything in order to run it on III's engine, but it would still play smooth as a dream, not to mention reality shifts and minigames can be streamlined on the touchpad.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
*raises hand* I, too, want it to be on the PS4...
...but I'm one of those fans that think DDD won't get a remix :/ at least not this soon...

Anagram

Banned
Unless there's some new "challenge" mode that lets me play without bothering with those dream eaters I'm not interested. I would be just as easily happy with its theater mode or recap on KH3.

It was fun the first time through but by the end I really came to hate the game. And yes I hate it solely for gameplay. The only story gripe I had was time travel which is easy to ignore if you just tell yourself "derp Xehanort trollin"

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Part of me REALLY wants DDD on PS3, but I honestly think it's going to be remastered and put in a 1.5 and 2.5 bundle on the PS4. Either way, it needs to get ported. I die a little inside every time someone suggests no port/cutscene only solution.

Kaijuguy19

I would be surprised if we didn't get a remixed version of DDD soon before KH3 release since the game provides important plot elements for KH3.

hlc1988

Awards
I would hope it comes out for the PS3... but if it was just for PS4, then it would be a reason for me to purchase a PS4. It would be a shame if they bundled it together with 1.5 and 2.5 for a release on the PS4. It's just unfair to those of us who still have PS3's and would then have to upgrade sooner then we wanted to to be able to play the latest installment for a game that is graphically not PS4 material.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I would hope it comes out for the PS3... but if it was just for PS4, then it would be a reason for me to purchase a PS4. It would be a shame if they bundled it together with 1.5 and 2.5 for a release on the PS4. It's just unfair to those of us who still have PS3's and would then have to upgrade sooner then we wanted to to be able to play the latest installment for a game that is graphically not PS4 material.

That is how this business works, though. The PS3 is pretty much dead in the west, so you will see companies dropping support for it in order to get consumers to move to the current gen.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Not remaking 3D would be a crime. It's one of the greatest games in the series and apparently gives us a slice of the pie that is III. I'm hoping they change the camera though, bbsfm feels claustrophobic due to how close the camera is from the back, like half the screen is cut off in contrast to IIFM+ where it feels right, you can see a good distance in front of you in both directions and figure out what you're doing next, which for a game as frantic as 3D is a given. It couldn't be helped on the 3DS but something needs to be done on the big screen.

bbsfm did NOT get the attention it deserved and at times felt like a 5 year old game where IIFM+ didn't.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

Same here for me. I haven't been able to upgrade to a PS4 due simply not having the funds to do so. I occasionally get money from my parents and from selling old textbooks (though never anywhere near the amount that I had to pay to get them, naturally), but since I am still unemployed, I just don't have the means to get everything I want. Smaller purchases like the ReMIX collections, yes. Cash for a new console that still costs a whole lot get, nope.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I think what we all need to realize regarding a Remaster of DDD is, which console is better for it in the long run? The PS3 is on its last legs, whereas PS4 will be around for awhile. Not to mention, 1.5 and 2.5 will be coming to PS4 - we don't need SE to even say it, it's practically a given at this point considering Tomb Raider and FFXHD were also ported to PS4 (and neither one of those titles have an announce sequel on the PS4 just yet). And really, the best option for DDD is to be packed with 1.5 and 2.5 on PS4. By itself, I can't imagine it would sell nearly as well as 1.5 and 2.5, and even if it had extra content and maybe a movie, I still doubt it would be as successful. I feel like the best way for it to sell as well as get into the hands of as many gamers as possible is in a 1.5+2.5 bundle.

That being said, I would prefer DDD on PS3 because I do not plan on buying a PS4 until around the time of release of KH3, but the fact of the matter regarding where DDD should go is one of what is most profitable for the game as well as more accessible to newcomers/casuals who ignored it as a spinoff intially.

But that's just my two cents.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I think what we all need to realize regarding a Remaster of DDD is, which console is better for it in the long run? The PS3 is on its last legs, whereas PS4 will be around for awhile. Not to mention, 1.5 and 2.5 will be coming to PS4 - we don't need SE to even say it, it's practically a given at this point considering Tomb Raider and FFXHD were also ported to PS4 (and neither one of those titles have an announce sequel on the PS4 just yet). And really, the best option for DDD is to be packed with 1.5 and 2.5 on PS4. By itself, I can't imagine it would sell nearly as well as 1.5 and 2.5, and even if it had extra content and maybe a movie, I still doubt it would be as successful. I feel like the best way for it to sell as well as get into the hands of as many gamers as possible is in a 1.5+2.5 bundle.

That being said, I would prefer DDD on PS3 because I do not plan on buying a PS4 until around the time of release of KH3, but the fact of the matter regarding where DDD should go is one of what is most profitable for the game as well as more accessible to newcomers/casuals who ignored it as a spinoff intially.

But that's just my two cents.

It's possible that it can be on both consoles. Phantasy Star 5 is being released on both the PS3 and the PS4. Will a 3D remaster go that route? Maybe. Maybe not. Time will only tell if it's on both, but if it's only on one, then it's most likely going to be the PS4. Sucks for people like you and me, but that seems to be the way the cookie crumbles.

Unclear_Motive

I would like to think that it will get a re-release since every game in the series is playable or watchable on consoles (besides Chi and DDD). I hope that if they implement DDD into a Remix or re-release that is an actual playable game and not just cutscenes. That being said, if Square-Enix chose to go to the cutscene route I hope they do some editing and make it more interesting. I have watched the DDD cutscenes via youtube and all of them combined are around 3 hours a pieces/storyline (3 for Sora and 3 for Riku).

Xelon99

Awards
Honestly I think they might release a big bundle for both ps4 and xbone. Seeing how the Xbone will get a KH game for the first time and the story of the past games is more relevant now, it would be a wiser decision to let any newcomers know what's going on without forcing them to buy new consoles. And if that happens, of course the ps4 will get that same bundle.

However it also might not happen for DDD, other than a HD movie remake like Days and Coded, for the same reason. There are commands and actions in DDD that require either a touch screen or a camera. These actions are quite crucial for the game itself. Technically you could say that they could port those actions to be used with the Kinect/Ps4 Touch controller, but that port will probably take more work than remaking the entire game.

Yet if it does get released to be a ps4 exclusive, I wont be getting it anytime soon. Same problem as others, I cannot afford to get another console right now. If it would be on the Xbone however I will get it immediately and my face wont come out of the door for several months

hlc1988

Awards
Same here for me. I haven't been able to upgrade to a PS4 due simply not having the funds to do so. I occasionally get money from my parents and from selling old textbooks (though never anywhere near the amount that I had to pay to get them, naturally), but since I am still unemployed, I just don't have the means to get everything I want. Smaller purchases like the ReMIX collections, yes. Cash for a new console that still costs a whole lot get, nope.

See, I have the funds to buy a PS4, I simply won't until a game comes out that I want. And DDD HD for just PS4 would, though I would buy one for it, it wouldn't be worth it to me. Now if they released it on both PS3 and PS4 then I'd stick with the PS3 and buy it for that platform until KH3's release and then purchase a PS4 then.

MegaRay

However it also might not happen for DDD, other than a HD movie remake like Days and Coded, for the same reason. There are commands and actions in DDD that require either a touch screen or a camera. These actions are quite crucial for the game itself. Technically you could say that they could port those actions to be used with the Kinect/Ps4 Touch controller, but that port will probably take more work than remaking the entire game.

Except Nomura confirmed porting KH3D is technically possible...

Xelon99

Awards
Except Nomura confirmed porting KH3D is technically possible...
From what I read he only stated that they were considering doing it. Haven't seen one bit where they confirm it's possible. I do hope they find a way though, without making us buy new stuff to make the AR work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back