• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts: Diablos Ornamentums

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin326

first of, i am not dead. lol.

well, you are all probably wondering (rightly so), about my absence. part of it was a vacation of sorts during New Years. i was at my dad's house, where i usually dont take the time to get online much because, oddly enough, i actually have a life there lol. part of it was that, this past week, we have been tearing apart my room, including the floor, so we could put in hardwood flooring. that, along with tests for most of this week because of snow days right before Winter Break, kept me busy this past week.

the good news is I'm back, and dont plan on leaving for an extended period of time like that until Spring at the earliest, June at the latest.

as for an update proper, by Sunday and that is a promise. i want to make sure this one is good. its a key chapter.

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Awesome. New chapter soon please, Merlin.

And get back onto the roleplay. I was going to have Kurix spar with Xando and then you kind of dissappeared for a fortnight. So now I'm stuck with the depravity that is Xina and her chocobos, so please come back and release me from this monotony.

Merlin326

Unfortuntely, Zero, a match with Kurix will have to wait. there are plans that require my attention in the RP.

well, here now for you all is the next chapter of KHDO. its not as good as i had hoped, but it introduces a new member to our cast of characters. the mysterious masked man.

Mr. U. N. Owen.

(rep for anyone that can figure out what book the name came from.)

With all due respect,
Merlin326

Chapter 2
Mr. U. N. Owen​

The family of four had turned in early for the night, hoping for an early start at the fair the next day. At least, that was the plan; and yet, the father found himself unable to sleep. He had this blasted feeling that someone had been watching him all day; perhaps even more than one someone. He had been sitting in the chair in their living room all night, thinking, wondering who it was that was watching him and why.

Then the knock on the door came.

He stiffened at the sound, his eyes narrowed with suspicion. Who in their right mind would come calling at one in the morning?

The knock came again.

Slowly, he rose to his feet and strode to the door. He placed a hand on the doorknob, hesitating only slightly as he turned it and opened the door.

He was a man of average height and weight, dressed in a formal suit that gave the impression of a man of power, money, or both. A black silk cape flowed from his shoulders down to his feet, barely brushing against the floor. The cape of his hood covered his head, concealing his hair, and a jet black top hat sat on top of that. A jet black mask of simple design, a pair of sapphire blue eyes staring at him with a compassionate look concealed the upper half of his face. In his hands, which were covered in a pair of white gloves, was a black cane with a sapphire gem embedded in the tip.

“What do you want?” the father said bluntly.

“Will you not invite me in? The rain has started pouring ‘like cats and dogs,’ as the expression goes. And I doubt you want the breeze to rob you of your heat.”

The father sighed and stepped away from the door, allowing the man entry. As he entered, the father could not help but notice that, despite the downpour outside, the man’s clothes weren’t so much as damp. They were completely dry. The man took a seat in one of the armchairs in the room, and the father took another across from him.

“I trust you remember me,” the man said.

“U. N. Owen,” the father replied, recalling their first meeting, “a play off of the word ‘unknown.’”

“And a reference to a personal favorite novel of mine,” Mr. Owen added, “it is good to see you again, Sora.”

The father scowled. “My name isn’t Sora, Mr. Owen, it’s Roxas. How many times to I have to tell you that?”

Owen chuckled. “At least once more, Sora. Roxas is as much your real name as U. N. Owen is mine. But I have not come to argue about names, I have come to…”

“I know why you’re here,” ‘Roxas’ interrupted, “And my answer is the same as last time. You’re just wasting your oh-so-valuable time trying to convince me otherwise.”

The pleasant smile vanished from Owen’s face, replaced by a frown. “You must understand, Sora, we need to Keyblade Master in order to stop this disaster. We need a hero, the hero who’s saved the worlds from the Heartless, Organization XIII, and even Aloz the Dark. We need a hero, and you’re the one.”

“My answer is still no, Owen!” Roxas rose to his feet, “I think it’s time for you to go.”

Mr. Owen did not respond, he simply shook his head. “Sora, if you don't fight this evil, your family will pay the price.”

Roxas stopped for a moment and stared at Mr. Owen. He narrowed his eyes. “Are you threatening me and my family, Mr. Owen?”

Mr. Owen steadfastly refused. “I am not here to make threats, Sora. My job is to warn you about what is to come. If this evil isn’t taken care of, your family will be the ones to pay the price. And there’s one other thing: if too much time passes, Sora, the duty will not fall to you anymore, but to your children.”

He paused for a moment to let the information sink in before continuing. Mr. Owen nodded to a black box sitting on the desk in the corner of the room, 5 feet long by 1 foot wide and 1 foot tall. “It will still answer your call; it still calls you its master. But in time, the burden will transfer to the next generation of heroes.”

“How can you be sure they’ll even be chosen by a Keyblade?” Roxas asked, through he feared he already knew the answer to that question.”

Mr. Owen chuckled. “The heart is strong in your family, Sora. On one side, we have you, the Keyblade Master and hero of three battles, and on the other side, we have Kairi, a Princess of Heart. With that kind of combination, how could they not have a strong enough heart to be chosen by the Keyblade?”

Roxas shook his head. “I won’t force anyone else, least of all my children, to play the hero. But I’ve done my part; I’ve saved the worlds three times at least.” He narrowed his eyes and spoke with finality in his voice. “You’re going to have to find someone else to play the hero for you, Mr. Owen.”

Mr. Owen nodded and sighed. “As you wish, ‘Roxas.’ I had hoped to find the great hero of Radiant Garden, Sora the Great. It seems I was mistaken.” Mr. Owen opened the door and let himself out, with one final line as he left.

“Someone once told me that courage is not the lack of fear. It is acting in spite of it. That is exactly what Sora the Great did when he saved the worlds so many times over.”

And with that, U. N. Owen stepped outside the door and into the rain. There was a flash of light and a blast of sound. When Roxas stepped outside to see what happened, there was no sign of Mr. Owen.

There were only two trails of flame, about a foot apart, stretching off for about 20 feet from his porch before ending abruptly. Roxas stared at the twin trails of fire as they slowly burned away and vanished, his mind lost in Mr. Owen’s words. With a heavy sigh, Roxas closed the door and retired to bed for the night.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
Hooray, a new update!!! Part of me thought that you had fallen off the face of the earth for a while there, Merlin, but I am glad to see you back and updating. So, Sora is calling himself Roxas now? I can see why he would want to distance himself from the past, but, with a past like that, it seems extremely difficult. So now we have the mysterious Mr. U.N. Owen. You got the name from Agatha Christie's "And Then There Were None". Sorry, I looked it up on Google; curiousity got the better of me. I probably should have known that though, I love Agatha Christie books. Anyway, sorry for the long post and great job as usual Merlin, and I look forward to more.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Very nice chapter, Merlin. It's good to have you back.

And am I the only one who imagined U N Owen dissappearing like the delorean in Back to the Future?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
We'll find out in due time, Xuan. But old enough to have two children, possibly twins, of several years of age, so maybe mid-twenties to late thirties?

Merlin326

You got the name from Agatha Christie's "And Then There Were None".

lol, that is indeed where i got it. i enjoyed the cleverness behind the name (and i enjoyed the book as a whole), i just had to put it in somewhere.

Very nice chapter, Merlin. It's good to have you back.

And am I the only one who imagined U N Owen dissappearing like the delorean in Back to the Future?

lol, that is precisely what i envisioned when i wrote that part. I'm a big Back to the Future fan. *chuckles* however, that doesnt mean he has a flux capassitor or time travel capabilities... *chuckles*

The duty will pass on to his kids, no doubt. It's just a matter of when... And hearts sound like the Force in Star Wars, the way Merlin wrote it.

lol, i what can i say? star was was on when i was writing this chapter. that and I'm a huge Star Wars fan.

Where is Kairi by the way? I wanna know how a... what age are they?

We'll find out in due time, Xuan. But old enough to have two children, possibly twins, of several years of age, so maybe mid-twenties to late thirties?

at the time of that chapter, Kairi was asleep (she is, obviously, the mother refered to in the first chapter), as were the children (whose names will be revealed in due time, though i can imagine some of you can guess one of their names). as for Sora and Kairi's age, we are currently about 10 years after the events of KHD, so i would say they're somewhere in their early 30's. the children would be about 7ish.

as for specifically why Sora chose to abandon his past name and become Roxas, that will be revealed soon, possibly the next chapter. however, you might be able to gain a hint as to why when Mr. Owen gives up and decides to leave.

EDIT: ...lol, i think i quoted just about every post between this one and my last post.

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
We got an update that had more questions answered than raised... Wow.

And with that knowledge, I sit back, and await the next chapter.

Xuan

FanFic Slayer, K.Theorist
I especially like the one where Sora strangled Riku, milescyrus13. Me and my sister wouldn't stop laughing our heads off about it, and start thinking of Cloud Leon Tifa, Riku Mickey Minnie, etc etc...

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Somewhere in Halla
The Twilight Zone
The Fifth Dimension beyond that that is known to Man
Killing innocents for no reason

He's in one of those place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back