• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts: Diablos Ornamentums

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin326

And here we are, the sequel to Kingdom Hearts: Destati. for those of you who've never read Destati, you can find it here. I will try to make it so that reading Destati is not required to understand this story, but i make no promises there. in any case, the knowledge may help understand some things better.

anyways, enough ranting. here now is the prelude.

Kingdom Hearts: Diablos Ornamentums

Prelude
Black Wind​

The youth walked proudly and with confidence through the halls. His sapphire blue robe and matching cloak fluttered in the gentle zephyr passing through the halls. He stood straight up, with a wooden staff in hand. At the top of the staff was a metal handle with a sphere on the end. Engraved into the ball was the letter M.

The young man had shoulder length black hair, with sapphire eyes and a kind but grim face. He stood slightly below average in height, but with a slight muscular build to him. On his left cheek was a scar in the shape of a broken circle.

He strode through the large iron doors leading into the Council of Elders chamber. The room was circular, with 12 comfortable chairs arranged in a circle around the room. Between two chairs, on the far side of the room, was an ancient looking man sitting on a floating cushion.

He was an aged man, as old as time immortal. A long, flowing white beard covered his face and flowed down to his waist. His hair, equally white as snow, hung down to his waist as well. His eyes were distant and unfocused. The old man had long since lost the use of his eyes, but continued to see using his magical powers. His left arm hanged down uselessly at his side, while his right hand gripped a white staff with a crystal sphere on the end. His real name had not been spoken in eons. He was known only as The Elder.

“You have arrived, Magic General,” the Elder said, “I trust everything went well?”

The Magic General nodded and bowed slightly toward the Elder. He straightened himself and gave his report. “Aloz the Dark is dead. His crystal was destroyed as well.”

The Elder nodded. “Then he is gone, then.”

The Magic General was visibly uneasy. “And yet…” He could not finish the sentence, but the Elder knew what he was speaking of.

“You sensed it, too, then,” the Elder surmised, “The black wind…”

“The Devil’s Arms,” The Magic General said, “they are falling into our enemy’s hands one by one.”

The Elder nodded. “already 4 pieces of the Nebilim Key have fallen into his hands. Not to mention the rest of those cursed abominations”

“What should we do?” The Magic General asked.

The Elder smiled. “For the time being, we wait.” The Elder lowered his staff so he could look into the crystal sphere at the end of it. He focused his eyes on the crystal sphere, and an image slowly began to appear. The Magic General raised an eyebrow, and The Elder chuckled. “He still has a part to play in this performance.”

“Him?” The Magic General asked, not even bothering to hide his disdain, “but surely you just.”

The Elder smiled. “No, I am perfectly serious. He has a part to play. And he shall play it well. They all do.”

The Magic General still didn’t smile. He knew who The Elder was talking about, and he the prospect didn’t thrill him in the least. Still, The Elder was wiser than anyone else, and he knew what he was doing. If The Elder said this was the way it was meant to be, then he was probably right.

**************************​

short, yes. I had planned to post the first chapter alongside this. however, real life forced me to put the first chapter on hold. I will post it sometime this weekend, i imagine.

until next time, readers,

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Rauxlen

I've posted once since 2010
Awards
Yay! A new story for me to read!

And now that I've read the prelude... I want to know what happens next!
But, I guess that's the point, right?
Anyways, I can't wait for chapter 1 :D

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I have been waiting, and I know and trust it turns out as good if not better than Destati.

Xuan

FanFic Slayer, K.Theorist
Good going there my friend. And perhaps the 'he' you mentioned would be among this four? Aloz, Xandos, Sora or Riku? Well, I guess I'll have to wait and see... And perhaps, I purposely left out one person in particular among my list so to keep the surprise in wraps first, for you.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Stop talking and write damnit, Merlin!

By the way, if Diablos Ornamentums is meant to be plural and is Latin, then it would be Diablos Ornamentae, as far as I am aware of how Latin works. But it's your story, so the name and such is yours to decide.

Hm... You devil, Merlin, you devil...

Merlin326

Oh wow.......
i love this stuff sooooooooooooo much...
you rock mer
and also, you can publish destati. ever heard of peter and the starcatchers?

no, i'm pretty sure i can't publish Destati without SE and Disney's approval. and i doubt that would happen.

and no, i've never heard of Peter and the starcatchers.

next chapter's in the works, almost done.

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Merlin326

okay guys, i appologize for the lateness of the update. school has been... put simply, a pain. to be more specific, Senior Project. but i wont rant about that, thats not what you're here for. just know that this year of school (my last year) I'm going to be very busy on and off from now until about April.

anyways, i have an update for you all. its not the first chapter, per se. the chapter's almost done, but i havent been able to work on it as i said, so i am posting a Fragmented Tale, one i've had finished for some time.

I'm doing them a little differently from Destati. rather than be something behind the scenes to the main story, it will be, for the most part, seperate from the main story itself, but still connected. think of it as a story inside a story.

these will be posted between regular chapters at fairly random intervals, and will help explain some certain events (or give hints to explaining) when those events occur.

anyways, this is the first Part of one Fragmented Tale

Fragmented Tale
Shadow’s Rebirth

Part I​

Silence.

No thumping of my living heart. No whooshing of my very breath. No sound, no sound at all. I want to remember sound. I try to remember what it was like. Yet…this silence, so complete, so enormous, slowly overwhelms any sound I try to remember. It is replaced with the quite, in all its richness. Only silence. Who could desire more than to hear the heartbeat of the void?

Darkness.

Light is gone, or did it ever exist at all? It must have! I remember it. Luminous. Eternal. Everlasting. Nevertheless, the darkness coaxes me to sleep, to let go. Why fight for the wavering flame, it says. So easily it fails, returns to the dark. So gracefully, the night ever follows the day. Darkness is all; all is darkness. Darkness… that is the only truly eternal power. All other forces eventually wither away and die, but darkness is everlasting. It is the only eternal force in the universe.

Stillness.

As long as I can move, I am alive. As long as I can feel the wind against my cheeks, the earth under my feet, and the steel sword in my hand, I am alive. However, all I feel now is nothing. I try to move my hand, but there is no response, no sense of movement. Perhaps that is because they do not exist anymore. Squeezed into nothingness.

Emptiness.

I cannot feel my body moving, and neither can I feel my heart. Emotions, they are but a distant memory to me now. A memory fading quickly. What did anger feel like? Love? Fear? They are foreign things to me now. Or perhaps they always were, and I simply never realized it. Did I ever know friendship? What is friendship anyway? I can no longer remember.

I see only darkness. I hear only silence. I feel only stillness with my body, only emptiness with my heart. This place, this world, this feeling, it can be only one thing. This must be that place, that place no one wants to go to but all eventually have to.

Now I understand, and accept, my fate. Now I long to sleep, to let go. I am solid and strong, I am ageless, unyielding. I want only to forget those distant memories, that past. Self, individuality, personality, emotions… they are meaningless here. Discard them, like broken toys no longer played with, and you will achieve immortality. I understand that now. I am immortal, I am eternal. I am beyond harm. Beyond good and evil, light and dark, order and chaos. Now I simply AM.

For now, I am in the realm of Death.

Yet… there is something of that former me, that being that died. I cannot touch it, cannot even name it, but it is there. Something too small to see, but too large to hold. And something else… something calling me. Something, or someone, is calling to me, pulling me back. A powerful force…I cannot resist it, even as the tug of Death tries to keep me beside him.

I want to stay, I want to be beyond good and evil and simply exist. But that is not possible now, the new voice tells me. I have a destiny to fulfill, a fate. A life. A self.

I have a purpose.

Now it begins to return to me. Memories. Emotions. They come back to me in waves. Next is my sense of touch. I can feel the hard ground beneath me, can feel my chest rising and falling. Then comes sound. I can hear my breathing, my heartbeat. I hear the wind blowing in my hair. Now only the darkness remains, but that does not scare me. I have looked death in the face and even walked beside him for a few moments. I fear nothing anymore.

I open my eyes.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I like it. I like it alot.

Very well written, it gives a great view at what death, Darkness, and/or the afterlife might be like.

If you having these long gaps between posts means the posts are this quality, by all means, take even longer.

Xuan

FanFic Slayer, K.Theorist
Merlin's replies has been affected by the Forum Disease. He's starts by stop using punctuation marks. Then there is the infectious and unavoidable AIDS-like lol that existed in every forum soul. Omigawsh.

That sounds awfully like Auron. Haha.

Merlin326

i appologize. writers block and school conspired against me int he making of this chapter. anyways, the first few chapters are going to lead things up, set the building blocks, for which the true story will be built upon.

Part 1
Order

Chapter 1
The Troubadour​

This is foolishness, Xanotos!
Foolishness, Trent? What would you have me do? Shall I just sit by and not even try to bring her back, like you? Do I just let her memory fade?!
That’s not what I meant! You’re not ready for this, Xanotos! You’re not ready to wield the power of the Dark Book!
You are mistaken, Trent. YOU are not prepared.
Xanotos, STOP! This is a mistake!
Awaken, Diablos Ornamentum. Grant me your power!
Xanotos, no!
Now, behold the awesome power OF THE BLACK BOOK NIFLHEIM!!!!

--------------

The boy awoke with a start, gasping for breath. It took him a minute or two before his breathing slowed to normal, and the fear vanished from his heart.

“Another nightmare…” he breathed, pulling himself out of bed.

“Brother!” There was a quick knock on the door, and the boy’s ten-year-old twin sister entered, glaring at him. “What are you doing still in bed?” she demanded, “get dressed, you lazy bum! We’re leaving in 5 minutes!”

She left as quickly as she entered, closing the door behind her. The boy smack himself in the forehead and quickly dressed.

“Today’s the opening day of the Carnival of the Moon,” he breathed, again smacking himself in the forehead as he pulled a shirt over his head. He zoomed out the door to his waiting sister and parents, and the four of them trekked through the forest into town, where the carnival was being held.

The Carnival of the Moon was an annual 7-day celebration held on the week leading up to the Winter Solstice, the longest night of the year, its purpose to celebrate the closing of the old year and the beginning of a new one.

There were all sorts games and shows throughout the town. In the plaza was a group of acrobats called the Chimney Sweeps (they even dressed the part, complete with soot covered faces), who were dancing to their own little melody called Step in Time. It went something like this:

Step in time, Step in time,
Step in time, Step in time,
Never need a reason, never need a rhyme,
Step in time, Step in time!

Throughout their impromptu dance, people would be continually shouting out things like ‘kick your knees up!’ or ‘link your elbows!” and the Chimney Sweeps would follow through.

Kick your knees up, Step in time,
Kick your knees up, Step in time,
Never need a reason, never need a rhyme,
Kick your knees up, Step in time!

However, even the Chimney Sweeps paled in comparison to one other entertainer who was present at the carnival. He was a wandering man, who came and went as he pleased. He was described as a man with ‘tales of wonder in his head’ and ‘music in his hand.’ Nobody knew his name, and his face was concealed in a colorful mask with a long, bird-like beak on it. They simply called him the Troubadour.

It was to see this man that the boy and his family came. The Troubadour was the most famous and well respected entertainer in all of Radiant Garden. Even Ansem the Wise, who barely left his castle since he had been confined to a wheelchair, would come to see this man share his stories of the other worlds.

When they arrived, the Troubadour had just finished a melody he said was dedicated ‘to the stars.’ The boy and his sister sat down front row while his parents stood back from a distance. As usual, his father had hidden his face beneath the brown cloak he always wore in public, despite the fact it was not raining or snowing today.

“What next?” the Troubadour said, strumming his guitar as he spoke, “Ah, I know.” The Troubadour began to sing softly as he began his next tale.

“I’ll tell you the tale of the sword called Excalibur,
rooted in legend, embedded in stone,
and Arthur the Valiant, who drew out Excalibur,
claiming its glory and taking the throne.”

As the boy watched the Troubadour tell his tale, using his guitar and some simple illusion magic to illustrate his tale, he did not notice the Troubadour seemed to stare at him.

Yes, the Troubadour had a great interest in this boy. More specifically, in the boy’s father. The Troubadour had better senses than normal humans, and could easily detect an odor of hair gel about the man who seemed to be the boy’s father. He hid his face beneath the brown cloak he wore, as if he didn't want to be seen. And he seemed to cringe slightly whenever he moved his right arm.

Yes, the Troubadour thought as he told his tale, I think I’ve found him.

I’ve found the hero.

When the Troubadour had finally finished his storytelling for the evening, the moon was already beginning to rise in the night sky. The audience dispersed and retired for the night, including the boy and his family.

The Troubadour smiled again and watched them leave with a particular interest. He watched them vanish into the forest.

“you’ve been in hiding for too long, Sora,” the Troubadour muttered to himself, “it’s time you returned.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back