• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts: Destiny and Fate

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceflyheight

Well here's a fanfiction of mine, that I started on like a year or two ago. I found it while I was going through some old documents and files, and even though it's not finished yet, I thought that I might as well post it. I typed it like a year or two ago, so don't be too harsh with criticism.

Chapter 0
Prologue:​
It has been two years since the Keyblade Master, Sora, returned to Destiny Islands after finishing off the Organization for good as well as the Heartless. On a group of islands about 25 miles from Destiny Islands called Fate Islands, a new keyblader is about to awaken. In his bedroom in his home, a young teenager by the name of Ace is dreaming of falling through darkness towards a platform.

Chapter 1
The Next Keyblader:​
Ace looked down to see himself falling through the endless darkness. “What is this? Is this a dream?” Ace asked into the darkness as he saw a platform appear out of the darkness below him. Ace landed on the platform and looked down to see a picture of Sora, Riku, and King Mickey with their individual keyblades pointed to the center of the platform. Ace saw a sword, shield, and staff appear in front of him.

“Choose the weapon that calls out to your heart and choose the weapon that your heart tells you to give up.” A voice said, from somewhere in the darkness.

“Okay...But who are you?” Ace asked, a little wary, into the darkness.

“I will guide you in your heart, but I will not tell you who I am…You will have to figure that out on your own.” The voice said.

“Okay.” Ace said as he walked over to the sword and picked it up, feeling it’s weight in his hand before it disappeared. Ace then walked over to the staff and saw it disappear as soon as he touched it.

“So you wish for the power of the warrior to attack those who wish to hurt you or the ones that you care about and you wish to give up the power of the mystic.” The voice said again, seeming to question Ace’s decision.

“Yes.” Ace answered as he saw the sword disappear and become replaced with a giant key. Ace looked down at the key and saw that it had two angel wings on the sides of the handle from the bottom of the handle to the top of the handle and then had two more angel wings that spiraled around each other as well as around the blade itself and stopped at the key part. The keyblade then had three smaller, crimson-colored angel wings that protruded from the blade to make the key shape.

“Keyblade...Keyblade.” The voice repeated.

“This is a keyblade?” Ace asked to himself as he tried to strike with the keyblade and saw it disappear in his hand.

“Blazing Angel...Just reach out with your heart and you will summon it.” The voice said, in a commanding tone.

Ace straightened his arm out and reached out with his heart and saw the keyblade appear in a flash of light.

“Watch out! The Heartless have appeared. Be careful!” The voice said, in a slightly worried tone, as black shadows materialized around Ace.

Ace looked around him and saw the Heartless or whatever they were. Ace grasped his keyblade in both hands and charged at the first Heartless and took it out in one slash, but saw the second one blend into the floor. “What is that thing doing?” Ace asked to nobody in particular as the Heartless sprang out of the floor and towards him, before he sliced it in half. Ace continued fighting for another minute or two and finished off the remaining Heartless.

Ace then looked in front of him, and saw a door with ornate patterns appear in front of him, out of the darkness. The keyblade disappeared from Ace’s hand as he stepped towards the door and pushed it open.

As soon as the door opened, a bright light rushed out and caused Ace to put his arm over his eyes to block out the blinding light. A second later, the light began to fade away as Ace put his arm down and looked around to find himself back on the beach on his island and three figures in front of him. ‘This...This is my island. This is the beach that Sarah, Tai, and I always played on.’ Ace thought as he looked closely at the three people in front of him. One, was a boy with dark blonde hair, whom Ace recognized as his best friend Tai. The second person was a girl with long, dark blue hair that he recognized as his other best friend, Sarah. But, the third person was someone who Ace had never seen in his entire life. The third person had silver hair that went a little past his shoulders and held the air of someone who had seen horrors that nobody should have to see.

“Hold on. The door won’t open just yet. First, tell me a little about yourself.” The voice said as Ace noticed that the three people in front of him, seemed like nothing more than lifeless dolls.

Ace walked over to Tai first. “What do you want out of life?” Tai asked in an emotionless tone.

“To become stronger.” Ace answered as he thought about the intense rivalry that had always been between Tai and him.

“Is strength that big a deal?” Tai asked.

Ace walked over to Sarah next. “What’s important to you?” Sarah asked in an emotionless tone like Tai’s.

“Protecting those I care about.” Ace answered as he remembered the feelings that he had for Sarah ever since she came to the islands.

“Is protecting people really that important?” Sarah asked.

Lastly, Ace walked over to the unknown person. “What are you afraid of?” He asked in a tone similar to the others.

“The darkness.” Ace answered as he thought about the monsters that had come from the darkness earlier.

“You want to become stronger. You want to protect those you care about. You are afraid of the darkness. Your adventure begins at dawn. Keep a strong, steady gait throughout your journey and you will be okay.” The voice said.

‘That sounds about right.’ Ace thought. Then another flash of light brought Ace back to the platform. Ace then saw a staircase appear in front of him that lead towards another platform above him. Ace then began running up the stairs and reached the platform at the top. Ace walked to the center and saw his shadow begin to grow longer, until it separated from him and turn into an exact replica of Ace. “What in the...Who...Who...are you?” Ace asked as he heard the voice in his head again.

“Don‘t be afraid...Even though the closer you come to Light, the greater the Darkness becomes; you can still defeat it if you truly have the will to fight and survive...” The voice said.

“I am the darkness that is inside of you Ace...The darkness that can‘t be destroyed, even by that accursed weapon.” Shadow Ace said.

“Shut up!” Ace yelled as he summoned his keyblade back to his hands and grasped it tightly in both hands as he charged at Shadow Ace.

Ace and Shadow Ace deflected the majority of the other’s attacks for several minutes. A few minutes later, Ace jumped back a few feet after his shoulder received a blow that nearly dislocated the bones.

“I’ve got to admit, you’re strong. But that doesn’t mean that I will lose to you.” Ace said as he grinned a little and tried to stand up, but felt his knees starting to give out on him.

“Ace, you will never win. This is where I finish you.” Shadow Ace said as he disappeared and reappeared in front of Ace with his keyblade ready to strike.

As the keyblade came down on Ace, Ace suddenly jerked his keyblade up above his head as soon as the keyblade was about to reach Ace’s head and put his other hand on the blade to help deflect the keyblade.

“What the heck?” Shadow Ace yelled as his strike was parried and Ace jumped up above him and sliced his keyblade straight down Shadow Ace’s body, killing him. Ace then jumped backwards and saw the keyblade disappear from his hand.

“I did it. I actually beat him.” Ace said as he grimaced in pain from his shoulder injury.

“I guess that I made a good choice when I chose you to wield the keyblade. Soon the Heartless will attack and you will need to be ready, Ace...You will meet the other keyblader soon. His name is Sora...Even though you will encounter many enemies and many obstacles, remember: There will always be a door to the light...” The voice said as it faded away.

“Okay I understand...” Ace said as he woke up and saw that he was back in his bed.

KeytoTwilight

It's good. I liked it, and the direct quotations from KH1. Also, with Shadow Ace it slightly made me think of the everlasting Cloud vs. Sephiroth battle. Keep up the good work! ^.^

Haku

<3
I think that this is off to a really good start, I hope to read the next one soon xD.

Aceflyheight

Thanks for the comments. Oh and KeyToTwilight, I never thought of the Shadow Ace vs. Ace fight, being like Cloud and Sephiroth's everlasting battle. I'll try to have the next chapter up soon, but right now I'm trying to sort out all of the documents from my old computer. So I don't have a clue when I'll find the next chapter.

KeytoTwilight

Thanks for the comments. Oh and KeyToTwilight, I never thought of the Shadow Ace vs. Ace fight, being like Cloud and Sephiroth's everlasting battle.

Well, hopefully it's not everlasting like their's is.... bleh. Your welcome for the comment. ^.^

Aceflyheight

Don't worry about the fight being everlasting. I don't think that they fight again, but I could be wrong. I finally found the second chapter a little while ago, and I'm trying to edit it right now. I should have it posted in a few hours.

KeytoTwilight

Yay! I'll still be on so I'll definitely read it! (Especially since this is better than my weird fanfic, which I have the second chapter pretty much wrote, but I dare not double post and I don't think anybody likes it anyways. >.>')

Aceflyheight

Okay, here's the second chapter. Oh and KeyToTwilight, I took a look at your fanfic (A Love Letter) and I think that you're off to a good start. The only problem that I have, is that I've never been a fan of Larxene, but I think that you're doing a good job so far.

Chapter 2
The Next Day:​
Ace suddenly jerked up in his sleep, and brushed the bed sheets away from him as he thrashed around for a second. Ace looked around quickly and then looked down at his body, seeing that his clothes were soaked with sweat. “Was that a dream? It felt so real.” Ace whispered to himself as he swung his feet off the bed and stood up next to his bed. “Well only one way to tell, I guess.” Ace said as he reached out with his heart and the keyblade appeared in his hand as he extended his hand in front of him. “So it really wasn‘t a dream.” Ace muttered to himself as the keyblade disappeared from his hand again. Ace shrugged his shoulders a little and walked towards his shower and began to take a shower, to try to wash all the sweat off. About 15 minutes later, Ace walked back out of the shower, drying his hair off. Ace laid the towel down on the floor as he walked over to his closet and got his clothes out. Ace put his crimson shorts and blue t-shirt on and then slipped his dark blue windbreaker jacket on as he walked towards his door, pulling his black gloves on his hands. Ace walked through his door and locked the door as he walked outside into the blazing heat. ‘Man, it’s hot, today.’ Ace thought to himself as he put his gloved right hand over his eyes as he looked at the sun high up in the sky, as he continued walking towards the beach.

As Ace was walking towards the beach, he messed his neck-length dark brown hair up somewhat, for the messy look he tried to achieve each day. Ace finally stopped walking as he reached the beach and saw his friends waiting for him, down by the water. Ace began running towards the water and blinked a little in the heat as he saw Tai, sitting on a branch in a nearby tree that directly overlooked the sun in the morning and evening. Ace then looked a little lower and saw Sarah sitting on the sand at the base of the tree that Tai was sitting on. Ace slowly walked up to both of them and knew that Tai had seen him, because of the slight wave of his arm up in the tree, but was sure that Sarah hadn’t seen him at all. “Hey guys.” Ace said as he saw Sarah jump a little, because she didn’t know that he was behind her.

“Hey there Ace, what took you so long?” Tai asked as he smirked down at Ace.

“And why do you always have to scare me like that, Ace?” Sarah asked, smiling a little as her heart rate began to come back down to normal.

“Tai, you know that I‘m not a morning person.” Ace said, smiling a little as he reached up and grabbed one of the branches above him as he pulled himself up on top of it. “And it‘s just kind of fun for me.” Ace continued, still smiling as he turned towards Sarah.

Sarah got up from the sand and brushed the sand off her clothes as she got up on a branch next to Ace and playfully socked him in his shoulder.

“Ow.” Ace said as he pretended to be hurt as he rubbed his shoulder from where Sarah had hit him.

“That was for saying that it was fun for you.” Sarah said as another smile began to appear on her lips, as she pushed her dark blue hair back away from her face.

Ace leaned back on the branch a little as he saw Sarah’s smile and put his hands behind his head. “Hey guys, I‘ve been thinking...” Ace said as he was interrupted by Tai.

“Never a good thing.” Tai said, smirking a little.

“Oh come on Tai, don‘t be like that.” Ace said as he pretended to be hurt, except for a little smile on his face. “Well I was thinking about the three of us heading over to the Destiny Islands for a little while for some fun.” Ace continued.

“For once Ace, you actually seem to have a good idea.” Tai said.

“Yeah I guess that I did...Wait, that wasn‘t fair.” Ace said, a little ticked off.

“I’m just kidding with you.” Tai said.

“Hey Ace, I think that it’s a great idea.” Sarah said. Sarah slid off the branch and landed on the sand, without any trouble and brushed a little sand off of her clothes. “I’ll see you guys later. I need to go get ready.” Sarah said, smiling at Ace as she started waving at the two of them as she left. Ace and Tai waved back at her, until she was out of sight.

“I got to go as well and get ready.” Tai said, as he got off of his branch and landed on the sand as well, but turned around and looked at Ace. “Ace, if you really like Sarah that much you should tell her that you like her, before I take her for myself.” Tai said, with a serious look on his face.

“Hey wait a second, but I don‘t...” Ace said, as he began to turn red, as he jumped off of his branch as well and landed on the sand.

“I’m just joking with you, Ace.” Tai said, as he grinned at Ace and began to run off towards his house.

Ace looked over his shoulder at the sea as he began running back towards his home as well. “I guess that I‘ll try and hope for the best with Sarah once we get to Destiny Islands.” Ace said to himself with a sigh, as he reached his home and began to get ready for the trip.

A few hours later, the three of them met up at the dock and saw the ship, about ready to leave port. “I already got the tickets.” Ace said to Sarah and Tai as he pulled three tickets out of his jacket pocket and handed two of them to Sarah and Tai.

“Thanks for the ticket, Ace.” Sarah said as she took hers from Ace’s hand.

“See you on board you two.” Tai said as he grinned at the two of them as he took his ticket from Ace’s hand and walked up the plank and onto the deck. Ace then followed Sarah as he saw her walking up the plank a second later.

As she walked onto the deck, Sarah walked over to the railing and put her hands on the rails as she stared out at the ocean as they set sail. Ace followed behind Sarah and walked up next to her and put his hands on the rails as well. “Hey Ace.” Sarah said as she saw Ace walk up next to her and look out at the ocean.

“Hi Sarah.” Ace said as he tried to not look at Sarah, afraid that he might blush and make a fool of himself if he did. Ace and Sarah continued staring at the ocean for a while until they began to see Destiny Islands in the distance. The two of them continued staring at the main island for a little while, until they reached the dock at the main island and heard a person’s voice on the intercom.

“We have arrived at Destiny Islands. Everybody please get off now in an orderly fashion.” A voice said on the intercom.

“Let‘s go Ace.” Sarah said, smiling at Ace as she turned around and began to walk away.

“Sure.” Ace said as he began walking away as well and they both got off the ship and met up with Tai.

“So...Did you two have a nice time without me interrupting?” Tai asked, with a slight smirk on his face.

“Stay out of it, Tai.” Ace and Sarah said at the same time as they looked at each other’s face and laughed.

“I‘ll take that as a yes.” Tai said as he heads towards the edge of the dock, where the arcade was located.

Ace and Sarah saw Tai leaving and began to head towards a hill in the distance. A few minutes later, Ace and Sarah reached the hill and sat down under a tree. “Ace, there‘s something that I‘ve been wanting to kind of tell you for a while.” Sarah said, blushing a little.

“And the same thing goes for me, Sarah.” Ace said, hoping that he doesn’t screw up. ‘Don’t screw up here, Ace. For all that is good and holy, you can’t afford to screw up now.’ Ace thought to himself as the two of them heard a scream in the distance and saw the buildings being engulfed in flames and black creatures attacking everybody. ‘Those are the things from my dream. The Heartless.’ Ace thought to himself. “Sarah, wait here for me, okay?” Ace asked as he got off of the ground.

“Okay Ace. I’ll stay here for you, but please don’t get yourself hurt.” Sarah said as she nodded at Ace.

Ace nodded at her and smiled at Sarah a little, as he began running down the hill and summoned Blazing Angel to his hand as he jumped into the center of the inferno.

“What was that thing that Ace summoned?” Sarah asked to nobody in particular as she leaned back against the tree, waiting for Ace to come back. “I hope that he’ll be okay.” Sarah said, a few minutes later.

Ace jumped through the inferno and began to fight and kill the Heartless as he saw another kid like him, with a keyblade in their hand. Ace looked at the kid as he came closer and could tell that the other kid had brown, spiky hair and blue eyes. ‘Could that be Sora?’ Ace wondered to himself as he ran over to the boy and slashed through a Heartless that was behind the boy. “Hey, are you Sora?” Ace asked.

“Yeah, who are you?” Sora asked as he killed another Heartless.

“I‘m Ace.” Ace said as he sliced another Heartless in pieces and watched it fade back into darkness.

“So you have a keyblade as well?” Sora asked as he sliced another Heartless with the Kingdom Key.

“Yeah, I got it in a weird dream last night.” Ace said as he brought Blazing Angel in front of him.

“Hey Ace, can you hold the Heartless off for a moment while I get rid of this fire?” Sora asked as his keyblade began to glow a little.

“Sure Sora.” Ace said as he dashed through the Heartless, killing several and stopped in place to watch Sora.

“Aeroga.” Sora yelled as a mighty blast of wind hit and blew the flames out, as well as killing the remaining Heartless.

“Cool.” Ace said as he walked back towards Sora, with his keyblade at his side, but still in his hand.

“Thanks for the help, Ace.” Sora said as his keyblade disappeared.

“Thanks for your help as well Sora, and could you tell me what all this was about?” Ace asked as his keyblade disappeared as well.

“Sure.” Sora said as he explained about the keyblade and the Heartless.

Ace then remembered about Sarah. “Sorry, but I need to go. I’ve got to make sure that somebody’s still safe. I‘ll see you later, Sora.” Ace said, while Sora was still explaining and began to run off towards the hill.

“Hey Ace, meet me at the beach in a little while if you can.” Sora yelled as Ace ran off.

Ace reached the hill and saw Sarah still waiting for him. “Sarah, I‘m sorry about having to leave like that.” Ace said as he sat back down next to her.

“It‘s okay Ace, but would you mind telling me what happened?” Sarah asked.

“Sure.” Ace said as he began to try to explain as good as he could.

“Wow, but it seems so weird.” Sarah said, sighing a little to herself.

“I have to agree, it is pretty weird, and it looks like I‘m one of the keybladers as well.” Ace said, as he looked down at his hands for a second.

“Hey Ace have you seen Tai since those things attacked?” Sarah asked.

“Actually no, I didn‘t even see him while I was fighting. But he’s always been tougher than I have been, he can take care of himself.” Ace said.

And that's the end of Chapter Two. Whew...That was a lot of work, editing that whole chapter. And don't forget to leave comments after you get done reading.

KeytoTwilight

Okay.... I can deal with it if it is. ^.^ (Oh yeah, not many people are fans of Larxene. I am just because she a butt-kicking girl which doesn't happen much in the KH games. ^.^ Also, I have something really good planned out for my fanfic, why Larxene happened to be turned into a nobody/ it wasn't an accident. *dramatic music*)

Aceflyheight

Okay, here's the next chapter finally. Sorry about the long wait, but I started having some computer problems and well, you know.

A little note before reading: This chapter's a sub chapter because I had it focus on what happened to Tai during and after the Heartless attack.

Sub-Chapter 2
Tai’s Darkness:​
While Ace and Sora were fighting the Heartless, Tai was doing his best to get away from a group of Soldier Heartless that were running after him. Tai reached a dead end in the street and turned around and stared at the Heartless as they began to walk closer towards him. As the Heartless lunged towards Tai, he felt himself being engulfed in darkness and landed in a dark room with a conference table in the middle. Tai looked around the table and saw two figures sitting around the table. “Where am I?” Tai asked as he looked at the two figures.

“You’re in Radiant Garden, my boy.” The first figure said, who looked like an evil witch.

“Okay, but why was I brought here?” Tai asked, with a hint of nervousness in his voice.

“We brought you here to talk, that’s all.” The second figure, who looked kind of like a fat dog in a blue and red outfit.

“About what?” Tai asked, as he felt his hands shaking a little.

“You‘ll find out soon enough.” The second figure continued.

“Sorry about being so rude, we forgot to introduce ourselves. I‘m Maleficent, my young boy.” Maleficent said.

“I‘m Pete.” Pete said.

“Well, my name‘s Tai.” Tai said, his hands finally beginning to calm down a little.

“Well Tai, we brought you here to talk to you about Ace.” Maleficent said.

“What about Ace?” Tai asked, not liking where this discussion was going.

“Let’s just say that he and Sarah are now safe since the Heartless incident a little while ago, but it hasn’t even crossed their minds to try to look for you. They don‘t care about you, anymore.”Maleficent said.

“No, they wouldn‘t forget about me, they might not look for me because they know that I can take care of myself.” Tai said, trying his best to reassure himself.

“Tai, listen to us. Ace and Sarah don‘t care about you anymore as a friend. But we can help you.” Maleficent said.

“But they wouldn’t...They just wouldn‘t forget about me.” Tai said, as a few tears began to streak down his face.

“Tai my child, if you want proof then look here.” Maleficent said as a hologram of Ace and Sarah started playing on the table. “See Tai, they don‘t care about finding you. I can give you the power that you want to have to get back at them.” Maleficent said, with a strong hint of motherly sympathy and care in her voice.

“Okay. I’ll take it. Please give it to me.” Tai said, almost pleading as he clenched his hands hard.

“Okay my child.” Maleficent said, a wicked smile appearing on her face as she raised her staff and gave Tai, the power of darkness.

“This power...It feels so good…” Tai whispered to himself as a dark aura began to form around him and his clothes changed to a reddish-black Heartless uniform that was similar to Riku’s.

“That’s not all, Tai. You also have a new weapon.” Maleficent said as she continued smiling at Tai.

Tai slowly stretched his hand out in front of him and saw a keyblade of pure darkness form in his hand. “What‘s this?” Tai asked in amazement.

“It’s a keyblade known as Oblivion’s Wrath. It has the power to unlock a person’s heart and open your own heart up to the full power of darkness.” Maleficent said.

“Thank you, Maleficent.” Tai said as the keyblade disappeared in his hand and he turned around and began to walk towards the wall, when suddenly a dark portal opened and Tai walked through it.

“No, my boy. Don‘t thank me, I‘m just giving you what you wanted.” Maleficent said as she saw Tai disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back