• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts: Destati

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xuan

FanFic Slayer, K.Theorist
Merlin326 already said that it was a good discovery, idiot. So you better get the fk off that subject or else I'll burn your ass no matter what the consequences.

And yeah, I changed it. Guess what the 'K' means. should be easy.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Does it have something to do with the word 'Kill', by any chance?

To Riku Fan1415: What about that new yet not new character that Merlin was talking about for D2? And why was there no body at the bottom of the cliff that Xando jumped off?

Merlin326

wow, i didnt think there would be this much debate on Xando's fate. well, i'll reveal the truth in the near future. but for now, another chapter in the penultimate battle.

Chapter 10
Retribution​

Phantasm thrust his twin blades forward, narrowly missing his opponent. The Heartless army, Xehanort and Valzog at its lead, had easily broken into the castle and had begun to lay siege to the castle. Phantasm knew all too well it was only a matter of time before the defenders fell, and then there was no hope.

Phantasm’s eyes followed his opponent, the soulless puppet of Xehanort known as Valzog. The body may have once belonged to a noble warrior, but now it was simply an extension of Xehanort’s will and consciousness, and had to be destroyed.

“What’s the matter?” Xehanort’s voice asked through Valzog, “Are you weakening?”

“Keep dreaming,” Phantasm replied, and then came in with his two blades once again. Valzog’s reflexes were supernaturally enhanced, however, and he easily avoided the double slash. Phantasm spun on his heel at the last moment to parry the counterattack Valzog launched with his Keyblade, and locked swords with the puppet.

“You’re getting on my nerves,” Valzog said angrily.

“I have a knack for that.”

“Not anymore.”

Valzog jumped back and hurled a ball of flame towards his enemy, and Phantasm did nothing to block the blast. Valzog smiled when he saw the fireball explode, and then narrowed his eyes to see no sign of Phantasm when the smoke cleared.

And then Phantasm reappeared from a flash of smoke, a smile beneath his mask. “And it burns, burns, burns… the ring of fire.”
----------------
Spaulding turned the corner to find a particularly large Heartless with a giant sword waiting for him. Seeing the small man, the Heartless attempted to intimidate the captain by swinging its sword around in a fancy display.

Spaulding just rolled his eyes and fired his gun, and the Heartless dissipated before it hit the ground. He didn’t stop to pat himself on the back, however, because several Heartless were right behind him, and the captain charged down the hall towards the stairs, smiling all the way.

The four Heartless chasing the captain turned the corner just in time to see Spaulding turn the corner at the top of the stairs and disappear from sight. Dimwitted creatures by nature, the Heartless charged up the stairs without any hesitation. The Heartless at the head of the group turned to make sure its companions were following, unaware of the danger that had just emerged. The Heartless turned just in time to feel the cold iron smack into its face, sending it tumbling down the stairs. One Heartless turned around to watch its companion fall, and he too was struck from behind by a metal object.

The two remaining Heartless, smart enough to realize what was happening, came up with a brilliant plan. While hugging the wall, one stomped on the ground as if it was charging up the stairs, and right on cue, a paint can came crashing past it, and it made the sound of a creature falling down the stairs to complete the illusion. That’s one. The second remaining Heartless made similar noises, and another paint can swung and missed. That’s two.

Thinking the barrage was over, the two Heartless charged up the stairs, blissfully unaware of the large lead pipe coming straight for their faces. That’s three. The two Heartless tumbled down the stairs and landed on top of their two dazed companions. Still smiling from his hidden perch, Spaulding cut the ropes holding the lead pipe with a dagger, and watched as the pipe bounced off of the steps and… that’s four.

The four Heartless struggled to their feet, undeterred despite the booby traps they had encountered, and charged up the stairs to the door at the top. The lead Heartless pulled on the knob, and all four heard a curious on the other side. The four Heartless listened at the door, intent on discerning the noise before entering. The next thing they knew, the door blew off its hinges and the four Heartless once again fell to the bottom of the stairs, this time with something large and heavy on top of them. The noise they heard behind the door was the sound of a tool chest, falling down the stairs.
“Love that trick,” Spaulding muttered to himself, then charged off to see what other mischief he could sow.
-------------------
Phantasm swiftly ducked under the wide arch of Valzog’s swing, nicking Valzog’s off hand as he tumbled away.

“You can’t dodge me forever,” Valzog snarled.

“Neither can you.” Phantasm replied, crossing his swords in a V pattern in front of him, ready for the next strike.

Valzog laughed, “You think you can defeat me? My intellect is refined, my experience is greater, and my skills are superior.”

“2 out of 3,” Phantasm commented, “not bad, but you mixed up superior with pathetic.”

Valzog roared in anger again and charged toward Phantasm. Phantasm pulled his swords up to parry the coming blow, but Valzog changed directions at the last moment and locked his Keyblade with one of Phantasm’s swords.

“Familiar,” Phantasm chided, “Don’t you have anything new?”

“How about this?” Valzog snarled, and twisted his Keyblade with all his might.

Phantasm’s swords were made from adamantine, the hardest metal in the known universe. They were tougher than diamonds and could rip through most lesser metals with a single stroke. But Keyblades were supernatural things, and they simply could not be broken by mortal weaponry. Phantasm’s sword snapped in half under the pressure of Valzog’s strike.

Phantasm jumped back to avoid any additional strikes and pulled out another sword from his back. “Touché,” he muttered, “I supposed I asked for that one.”

Valzog didn’t comment, simply charged blindly once again towards his opponent. Phantasm brought up his blades to parry, but Valzog sidestepped again and knock one sword from Phantasm’s hand with a back swipe from his Keyblade. Phantasm back flipped away, and Valzog casually picked up Phantasm’s dropped sword, not taking the time to think on how easy that was. Phantasm unsheathed another sword from the second scabbard on his back; his last two swords.

“Let’s dance, Xehanort,” Phantasm muttered, and charged back towards his prey. Phantasm casually deflected all of Valzog’s blows, noting that Valzog was forcing his swords higher and higher up to block, something he welcomed wholeheartedly; he knew what would come next, the double thrust low.

As he expected, Valzog suddenly thrust both his weapons downward in the familiar double thrust low attack. Phantasm smiled and crossed his swords downward, intending to catch his opponent’s blades in the “V” he formed, the accepted parry. But he knew the parry was wrong, despite what his teacher had told him. And he also knew the perfect counter. He caught Valzog’s blades in his “V” formation, and then brought his foot up with all his might, between hilts and eyes.

Valzog staggered backwards several feet, his helmet shattered by the impact and his nose crunched flat. Though Xehanort could not actually feel the pain his puppet would have otherwise experienced, he could tell the blow had severely weakened Valzog.

“A little fight in you,” Valzog breathed, regaining his balance, “I like that.”

Suddenly, a new voice entered the arena, “Then you’re going to love me.” Valzog turned to meet the newcomer and barely raised his sword in time to parry Axel’s flaming sword. However, the action left him unable to react when Aqua slammed her quarterstaff into the side of his head, knocking him into the nearby pillar.

“Broke the bat,” Aqua said, smiling as she looked at the splintered remains of her quarterstaff, and then summoned her Keyblade for the first time in years.

“We figured you could use some help,” Axel explained to Phantasm.

“I had it under control,” Phantasm replied sternly, then added softly, “but thanks just the same.”

Valzog’s hideous laughter stole their attention, and the puppet pulled himself out of the pillar. “Come on,” he growled, “hit me. The body may die, but the spirit lives on!”

Phantasm pointed one of his swords at Valzog and, with prefect precision and accuracy, threw it at Valzog. The weapon arched perfectly and imbedded itself right into Valzog’s chest, and then the pillar behind him.

“So what if this body dies?” Xehanort said through Valzog, “it was just a soulless puppet for my amusement. Have fun, kiddies… the universe will still be mine!” and then the puppet’s body fell limp, the Keyblade dissipating into nothingness.

Phantasm stared at the dead puppet and sighed. Finally, justice was served. Now all that remained was to continue serving the dish to everyone who deserved it. “This battle isn’t over yet,” Phantasm said to his two companions, “Come, let’s go help Sora and the others.”
------------
Safely hidden in the rafters, Prometheus and Pandora watched Phantasm storm off with is comrades, not even taking the time to retrieve his two swords.

“It won’t be long now,” Prometheus said to his twin sister, “not much longer until the path to Kingdom Hearts is opened. And when that happens, we’ve won!”

Pandora nodded silently, her mind lost in thought and reminiscence. Pometheus glanced at his sister, fully aware of her feelings and thoughts. Though it pained him to admit it, he felt the same way.

“We follow the strongest side,” Prometheus said, vainly hoping to comfort them both.

Pandora nodded sadly, “That is all we have ever known.”
---------------
“There’s no end to this!” Sora shouted to Riku and Kairi. All three of them had their backs to each other and an endless army of Heartless all around them in the castle courtyard. The three of them had held their ground magnificently, but for every Heartless they defeated, two more seemed to appear. They were starting to tire, and all three of them knew they wouldn’t be able to hold out much longer.

Then, suddenly, the Heartless stopped advancing upon them and backed away. Then, as if following a silent command, the charged around them into the castle.

“Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.”

Riku turned towards the voice and was greeted by a blast of energy, knocking him into the wall and into unconsciousness. Sora and Kairi turned in the same direction and saw the dreaded Morph, Aloz the Dark.

“We’re tonight’s entertainment!”

Suddenly, Aloz charged towards them, and then suddenly vanished 5 feet from them. Sora glanced around, searching for the dark Morph, and then turned when he heard a scream to see Aloz the Dark with his blade against Kairi’s throat.

“Give me the Key,” he said, quite as death, “or the girl dies!”

“How do I know I can trust you to release her if I give it to you?” Sora asked.

“You don’t,” Aloz said, “but what’s life without a little risk, Sora? And you certainly know that I will kill her if you don’t. I’d give you my word that I’ll release her, but something tells me you wouldn’t accept it.”

Sora narrowed his eyes angrily, but threw his Keyblade to the ground at Aloz’s feet nonetheless. Aloz glanced at the Keyblade, and then kicked it back to Sora.

“I said I wanted the Key to Kingdom Hearts, boy! Not some weapon.”

“But if that’s not the Key to the Kingdom, then what is?” Sora asked, “What do I have that you want?”

“I see,” Aloz said, “Did King Mickey never tell you? The Key to the Kingdom… is right there.” With his free hand, Aloz pointed at Sora. The Keyblade Master followed Aloz’s golden eyes and finger down… right to his chest. Suddenly, everything became clear. He knew what the Key to the Kingdom was.

way back when, i said the story of the Key to the Kingdom's origins would be a trilogy. next chapter, next Fragmented Tale, will be the final part of that ministory. next time, we will learn what the Key to Kingdom Hearts really is, and just how Sora came to possess it.

also, Happy 4th to all Americans out there (belated, i realize).

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Xuan

FanFic Slayer, K.Theorist
Poor Kairi, always the bait of a trap. Poor Sora, always going head first into the bloody trap. Poor Riku, always hatta do the dirty work of clearing up Sora and Kairi's mess. Man, could life be anymore miserable?

And Kurix, it means 'King'.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Son of a...

You soooooooo got Cpt. Spaulding Heartless-and-stairs scene from Home Alone 1.

A good chapter as always. I wonder how Kairi will get out of this one... Riku'll probably save the day.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Are there even any Batman or Spiderman quotes in here? Something like "With great power comes great responsibility". Try telling that to Sora when he unlocks The Lock in The Underwold in Kingdom Hearts 2.

Davy Jones

I Believe In Harvey Dent
Website
crashkid77.deviantart.com
Nice chapter Merlin. I want to see what happens to Sora next.

The references I found were from the song "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash

“And it burns, burns, burns… the ring of fire.”

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

Spaulding turned the corner to find a particularly large Heartless with a giant sword waiting for him. Seeing the small man, the Heartless attempted to intimidate the captain by swinging its sword around in a fancy display.

Spaulding just rolled his eyes and fired his gun, and the Heartless dissipated before it hit the ground.

And X-Men (adamantine is what Wolverine's skeleton + claws are made of, correct?)

Merlin326

Son of a...

You soooooooo got Cpt. Spaulding Heartless-and-stairs scene from Home Alone 1.

A good chapter as always. I wonder how Kairi will get out of this one... Riku'll probably save the day.

EDIT: Riku is unconcious at the moment, in case you forgot.

home alone 2, as well. in the second one, both Marv and Harry remember the paint cans and duck past the first two. then the lead pipe hits them, and they fall off the stairs and into a huge hole. then the ropes holding the pipe are cut. the toolchest thing was also from homealone 2

Nice chapter Merlin. I want to see what happens to Sora next.

The references I found were from the song "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

And X-Men (adamantine is what Wolverine's skeleton + claws are made of, correct?)

my mom listens to songs like that one all the time, so i've come to like it.

i found that scene from Jones especially funny, and yet so fitting in this modern world.

and the Adamantine is a substance often used in many RPG's (incluidng DnD, which is where i got it from) and is typically the strongest metal you can get a weapon made out of.

as for a next chapter, it will be up later this weekend. i havent had much time to write. however, i will say this much. by my calculations, there are about 4 chapter left of part 5. first is the remaining story on the Key to Kingdom Hearts, then we hop back to the main story. we switch to an epic battle scene (i want it to be like the Yoda Vs. Sidieous battle, the most epic and climatic in the story, but not the final one). and after that... the truth...

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Yeah, now I remember it happening for the second time in Home Alone 2 as well.

Well, if you want me to pick the smallest bones possible, Xuan...
Wolverines claws are made of pure adamantium, while his bones are heavily infused with them.

Merlin speaks the truth, as usual; Any metal begining with adamant will geberally be one of the strongest, if not the strongest in video games and fiction.

Last edited:

Merlin326

there was one other quotation in that last chapter. no one seems to have noticed (or made any indication at least), so ill point it out now. Prometheus and Pandora's line about siding with the strongest is a reference to Twilight Princess (the goblin guy named King Bulblin, to be precise). it was quite an interesting line, and i always like lines that show how the line between good and evil is not as clear as we would like it to be, so i included it.

and now for the next chapter, where we finally learn the rest of the story of the Key to the Kingdom, and just what it is...
Fragmented Tale the 22nd
Chain of Memories
Approximately 12.5 years ago​

Marble was reading in the library when Ansem the Wise found her. Judging by the line she was quoting, it was a section from a particularly famous playwright’s play, and her favorite.

“We are oft to blame in this,” she read aloud, “'Tis too much prov’d that with devotion's visage, and pious action, we do sugar o'er the devil himself.”

She then noticed her son walking in, his face serious and his eyes troubled. Realizing that it was something important, Marble set aside her book and gave her son her full attention.

“Is something wrong, Ansem?”

Ansem did not answer right away, but instead glanced around the room to make sure no one else could eavesdrop on them.

“Where is she?” he whispered, not taking any chances.

“Asleep. For most decent people, it’s the standard for 3 in the morning,” Marble replied. She could never help but give a friendly sarcastic remark. This made her seem cynical and snobbish, but she truly cared, just showed a little differently than most.

“When she wakes up, give this to her, tell her it’s a present, a memento of her mother.”

Marble took the object in Ansem’s hand, asking, “Did you find her?”

Ansem looked away, unable to meet his mother’s eyes, “In a way…”

Marble looked down, understanding. “She’s dead, isn’t she?”

Ansem shook his head, “Were it that simple. You remember the project me and my apprentices were working on some months back, about darkness and the heart?”

“Yes?” Marble said, unsure what her son meant, “You shut that experiment down, though. About three months ago if I remember right.”

“I thought I had. But when the young mouse king, Mickey, came, he warned me my apprentices might have been continuing those experiments without me. I couldn’t stand the notion, however, that Xehanort, of all people, would continue such things behind my back. After her parents disappeared, I got curious, and went down to the old lab where we had worked.”

“And what did you find?”

Ansem sighed before answering, “My apprentices have disobeyed me. They continued the experiments behind my back, kidnapping people off the streets for test subjects. I… found Xelha’s locket down there, and I realized I had condemned them to their fate…”

“I see…” Marble muttered, for once unable to find anything comforting to say. “What will you do?”

For the first time that evening, Ansem smiled. A sinister smile that promised more than choice words for his six apprentices.

“I’m going to do what I should have done in the first place. I’m going to confront them, and personally see to it that this experiment ends today! That’s why I need you to give the girl that item. No matter what happens, my apprentices must not get their hands on it.”

“What’s so important about this thing? Why give it to her?”

“It’s related to my research, indirectly. If any of my apprentices get their hands on it, especially Xehanort, I shudder to think what they might do. I had been keeping it safe as long as I could, but I had always intended to give it to Xelha’s daughter. I knew she was meant to have it.”

Ansem turned to leave, adding one last thing over his shoulder. “Keep her safe. She is special, my research has taught me that much. More special than any of us could imagine…”
------------
Marble watched her young granddaughter walk away to read her favorite book in the far corner of the library. Though she hid it with a smile, Marble was worried about the young girl, and about her son. Ansem had left to confront his apprentices 2 days ago, and neither he nor his six apprentices had been seen since. Marble was beginning to fear the worst. The townsfolk wouldn’t notice, though; Ansem often locked himself away in his lab and would not be seen several days at a time.

Suddenly, there was a forceful knock at the library’s lower door. Fearful that one of the apprentices might be coming for them, Marble took her granddaughter and hid her in the farthest corner of the upper floor of the library, then calmly walked down to meet whoever was at the door. The door was forced open, and Ansem’s six apprentices stormed into the room, Xehanort at the lead.

“Where’s the girl?” Xehanort demanded.

“What have you done to Ansem?” Marble shot back.

“Where is the girl?” Xehanort repeated. Marble’s only reply was a glare sharper than any blade, which seemed to amuse Xehanort.

“Our dear master is… indisposed,” said the youngest apprentice, Ienzo, “We wanted to see if his niece was alright.”

“Yeah, and I’m a Kindergarten Cop!”

“Let’s skip past the insults,” Even said, “Fact: Ansem isn’t coming back. Fact: you will give us the girl or things will become… unpleasant.”

“Fact,” Marble mocked, “Half of me wants to strangle you for whatever you did to my son!”

“And the other half?” Xehanort asked inquisitively.

“To his you with a truck and dump the remains in Sulfuric Acid, for a start!”

Xehanort smiled, “Charming image. But I have an ace up my sleeve; six of
them to be precise.”

Even gestured to the most physically built apprentice, “Fact: Aeleus here could break every bone in your body with anything you care to name in this room, even with a pair of those funny glasses things.”

Ienzo added, “Mr. Braig here could shoot a fly from between its wings with one eye.”

“And the rest of us…” Xehanort began, “well, let’s just say we’ve learned a few tricks during our experiments with the heart and darkness. And if you don’t give us the girl, we’ll see how many of said tricks your frail body can take. Tell me, hag, do you fear death?”

“Do your worst,” Marble said defiantly, despite well knowing she would not survive this day, “All people die, but not every man truly lives. Bring it on you traitorous, heartless, no-good bas…”

However, Marble didn’t get to finish her insult, for Xehanort finally snapped and blasted Marble into death with a unique laser of energy: a laser composed of Nothing. Marble was shot through the air and into the back wall, where she then slumped to the floor.

“Grandma!”

Xehanort turned in the direction of the shriek to see the girl they had been searching for, struck motionless by the sight of her grandmother being blasted into oblivion. He turned to Aeleus and said, “She must forget everything she saw. Help her with that endeavor. We shall send her to the ocean of worlds, and see where she ends up.”
------------------
Sora walked along the beach, searching for his friends. Riku had said to come to the island and find them. Why, he didn’t say, but Sora knew something important was up.

Sora walked around the cove, and nearly had a heart attack as everyone jumped out from behind him.

“Surprise!”

Sora jumped and turned to see Riku, Kairi, Selphie, Tidus, and Wakka with presents in their hands.

“Are you trying to scare me to death?” Sora said, and then noticed the presents, “What’s the occasion?”

“You idiot,” Riku said, shaking his head, “Did you really forget your own birthday?”

“Eh… I guess I did,” Sora said, embarrassed. Riku rolled his eyes, amused.

“Well, might as well start with the presents,” Riku said, “which one first, Sora?”

Sora started with Riku’s present, which was a wooden sword, crafted perfectly for his size and strength. Next came Kairi’s present, and inside the box was…

“But… I thought that was your only memento of your mother,” Sora said, confused, “why are you giving it to me.”

The young girl shrugged and said, “Something just tells me you were meant to have. I don’t know what. Put it on, Sora.”

Still unsure, Sora took the item out of its box and placed it around his neck. The crown necklace fit perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back