• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts Dawnbreak

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaira

CHAPTER ONE
FALLING—IS THIS WHAT IT FEELS LIKE? FALLING THROUGH THE EMPTINESS OF DARKNESS OF SPACE? I COULDN’T TELL HOW MANY HOURS HAD PASSED—IT SEEMED LIKE FOREVER—OR MAYBE CENTURIES…

Someone—is calling my name… I open my eyes slowly and looked around, seeing that I was still in the dark emptiness of space, but I could hear it—a faint echoed cry that seemed to go on, my name—Zaira… I sighed as I tried to sit up but the darkness seemed to only pull me back down. “It hurts…” I managed. The darkness seemed to suck out my strength, leaving me as an empty husk as I struggled to at least sit up. How am I—still alive? Suddenly, a bright golden glow enveloped from my chest and I suddenly remembered—the necklaces… I took out one of the ancient golden necklaces that was shaped like a golden sun, embedded with ancient jewels and looked at it. Immediately as my hand touched the necklace, it glowed even brighter, enveloping me in a golden glow that seemed to relax and heal my wounds but not my memories of how my world got destroyed.

“Zaira…” I looked up and noticed that a golden multicolored aurora appeared in front of me, seeming to warm me from the coldness of the place. Suddenly, I saw myself as a five-year-old, enveloped in the protectiveness arms of my mother, Keresa. “Mom…?” I managed. My mother’s warm smile seemed to warm me more as she handed the same golden sun-shaped necklace embedded in jewels to my five-year-old self and gripped my hands tightly in her’s. “Look into my eyes, Zaira.” My five-year-old self looked into my mother’s eyes and her eyes showed sadness. “Why are you sad mom?” my five-year-old self asked with a tilt of my head. My mom smiled as she looked back into my eyes. “Zaira—you’re to bring light to Reqa, that’s all I know.” she smiled as she put her hand on my five-year-old self’s head and I smiled up at her. The golden multicolored aurora then dissipated, leaving golden dust that showered down as I broke down and cried.

I sighed as I got up and managed to walk forward on the dark emptiness of space as a golden glow enveloped around me, protecting me from the hatred of the darkness as I continued to walk forward. I then clenched my hands as I then ran, my breath becoming heavy with every step I took. The darkness around me stayed the same and I wondered if I was going to get anywhere. “Damn…” I said to myself as I stopped and bent my knees, ready to jump. I then jumped and suddenly all around me, everything seemed to break like glass and the darkness broke apart. I suddenly felt myself falling down and I closed my eyes.

Heat—I feel heat… I looked around and noticed that my black windbreaker jacket had caught on fire as I plummeted to the very ground below. I wondered how I was still able to breathe if I was going to be burnt into a crisp as I fell to what would probably be my death. I closed my eyes again, not wanting to watch the horrible scene that would soon unfold when suddenly, time seemed to stop. I opened one eye and looked around, seeing that the flames that had enveloped around me sputtered weakly and that my body stayed afloat in midair. I let out a yelp as I flailed my arms, trying to keep altitude but I simply only floated in one place. I sighed as I stopped my arm flailing and looked around to get a better look at my surrounds; clear blue skies—were those—buildings on fire? The buildings glowed brightly as I shielded my eyes from the light but it didn’t seem to affect me. I let out a sigh of relief. “Whew…” I then looked down at the very ground below and I shivered. I knew that if I were to stop time again, I was to fall splat onto the ground like an egg and die for sure. Now I just have to figure out how to get down… I thought to myself as I managed to stand up and step away from the fire.

“Fascinating…” I looked at the fire as it was still in midair as I just stood on my feet, not falling to my very death to the ground below. I put one hand out to the sky and felt cold wind against it and knew from the darkness around me still that it was night—but what were those glowing buildings? Were they on fire? And who in their right minds will set their own homes on fire? I sighed, scratching my head, still trying to figure out as I looked to the right and spotted a bird in midflight and I let out a laugh. How fun it was—to be able to stop time—even if it means for only a short while… On the cue of “short while”, I felt time flow once again and the same fire crash into the ground and myself crashing to the ground and nothing much else more after.

“Miss—you alright there?” I opened my eyes weakly and looked up, seeing someone wearing what seemed to be a cloak and holding a traveler’s stick. I managed to sit up and sighed, rubbing the side of my head. I wondered how I survived that fall… I thought to myself. “And—are you by chance wondering how you’ve survived that fall?” the man asked. I looked more closely and could’ve sworn it was a man with a white snow beard and an eye patch covering one eye wearing a cloak. I sighed. “This isn’t a children’s story…” I muttered to myself. The man looked at me more closely. “And you’re probably wondering if what you’re talking to now is just a story? A myth?” the man asked as he put his hands on his traveler’s stick. I sighed as I looked at him. “Who are you really?” I asked. The man smiled and looked at the sun. “That’s to ask—who might you be? What have you come here for?” he asked. I sighed as I looked in the other direction of the setting sun and noticed that it was the same as the one at my world—Reqa. I turned to the man again to ask him a question about the sun but then he simply vanished like the wind.

I looked at where the man stood and muttered to myself, “Alright—this is just too weird…” I managed to stand up and noticed that my black windbreaker jacket was burned and scorched. I sighed as I put my hand to the side of my head and looked at the bushes next to me. “… Guess I’ve got to make options…” I walked up to the bush and put it on me and I walked off into the direction opposite of the setting sun.

“Alright—now I’m lost…”I looked around at what seemed to be ages and ages of sand and dessert dunes as I walked on, my hand to the side of my forehead as I began to sweat.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Re: Final Fantasy Dawnbreak

The title of your story caught my eye.

It certainly is mysterious. I wonder why she was falling in the first place. Is she a nobody that can control time? Or is it all just a dream?

I do hope to see more of this, Zaira.

Last edited:

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards

This seems pretty good so far, you've got me hooked, but you could make them a bit.

Zaira

The title of your story caught my eye.

It certainly is mysterious. I wonder why she was falling in the first place. Is she a nobody that can control time? Or is it all just a dream?

I do hope to see more of this, Zaira.
Thanks. I've indeed in fact--changed the story quite a bit. It's going to be a mix of Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy. Zaira lost her heart to darkness and she lost her memory, meaning that she can possibly also be a Nobody.

Awards

Interesting story. I wonder if Zaria's ability to control time will grow in any way. Like full on time travel. But I'm sure my question will be answered later. Anyway, I look forward to seeing where you're going to take this story.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Interesting story, wonder why she could stop time and who that old man was.
Look forward to seeing more.

Zaira

I've in fact--changed the entire story. :D Here it is:

CHAPTER ONE
NOTHING—I FEEL NO PAIN, I FEEL NOTHING… I PLUMMETED TO MY VERY DEATH BELOW TO WHAT SEEMED TO BE OF THE DARKNESS OF NOTHINGNESS OF SPACE. I COULDN’T TELL HOW MANY TIMES HAVE PASSED BUT IT SEEMED TO BE DECADES, OR MAYBE CENTURIES. I LOOKED UP TO THE DARKNESS ABOVE AND SEE SOMETHING RED OF SOME SORT COMING FROM MY BODY. WAS THAT—MY BLOOD? I SIGHED, SINCE I COULDN’T FEEL ANYTHING, NOTHING—I WAS OF ONLY AN EMPTY HUSK…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back