• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Dark Road website updates with new screenshots & videos

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
The most famous myth about Baldur is his death, brought about by Loki who tricked the blind god Hodr (or Höd) into throwing a spear made of mistletoe (the one thing which could hurt Baldur) through him.
So...is Xehanort gonna be Loki in this case?

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I don't get it.

Like, I get translation complaints but I don't see how this specifically is related to that.
The actual line is something like "I'm slow/late, but I've got fast feet" (not exact)
But even without seeing the JP dialogue, you can just tell that "Tardy Fleetfoot" is not exactly in the original script.
This is incredibly minor, I'll admit. More about the pattern than anything.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
The actual line is something like "I'm slow/late, but I've got fast feet" (not exact)
But even without seeing the JP dialogue, you can just tell that "Tardy Fleetfoot" is not exactly in the original script.
This is incredibly minor, I'll admit. More about the pattern than anything.

Translation is about finding the right words in the target language to convey character, emotions and intentions. It's not computing words into other words. Eraqus is the class clown, let's have him say something funny. That's a good translation.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Back