• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Dark Road introduces new characters!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zul

Awards
Nomura doesn't even care about doing that anymore when it comes to random, never-mentioned-because-they-never-existed characters.

Yeah, the whole Subject X thing was ridiculous. My statement is more towards saying that memory wipe can't be used as a convenient excuse every time, rather than saying the Subject X route is better or anything.

The better route for DR would have been properly setting up those characters beforehand, but if that wasn't possible then...just don't include them? It's not like the relationship between Eraqus and Xehanort was over-explored and dry, there was still plenty to uncover just between the two of them.

And imo Nomura's writing has always been miles better between duos than trios, Sora-Riku being a glaring example.

Kairi can suddenly dematerialize Xemnas' blades when veteran wielders like Roxas and Xion couldn't because Nomura had to force his hand in making her look cheaply badass due to outrage?

Funny thing about this, my mind thought "princess of heart hax" for a moment.

Except the princesses themselves explicitly state in KH1FM that while they can hold back darkness, this "strange new force"(the in-between/nothingness) is something they have no power over.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
First reactions yesterday:
- Introducing Kairi's grandmother, future Braig's name's origin story, and... "the other two" \o/
- Come on, you still can't come up with more than two girl-character types??? Again with the "one generically badass female for two guys who'll get the screentime and backstory"???

Today, and after reading this thread: Genuinely so excited for a "not-a-trio" cast. #fuckdemtrios indeed. I trust they WILL deliver on the morally gray Xehanort story-arc, preferably with a lot of drama and conflict with this new cast who will turn out great. Can't wait for the Luxu cameo that will blow our minds. Still won't touch those mobile games :( And I'll see you guys in eight years, when the story is almost finished and I can enjoy it in a YouTube recap.

EDIT: Do you think Dark Road will address that X-to-the-chest fashion trend? Who started it? Will we ever see Sephiroth strolling around Scala?
StaringAtSephirothsChest.jpg

Last edited:

Violet Pluto

Awards
When I get back home I'll write something substantial but for now I really have no real reason to be pessimistic. Most of the big problems with X are because of the platform unfortunately so this will probably have some of the same problems, but right now I'm hoping the writing is tight. I think some of my biggest problems with Nomura's writing come out stronger when it is broken up too much like X is; even though I think it is good the way it is distributed makes it difficult to judge it as a story. Hopefully DR's chapters are longer, more complete and has an ending... Though that is the death of Gacha so probably not. Looks like I really was pessimistic in the end.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Everyone is going on about Braig being one of these guys, what if in reality it was Ava in a new body hanging with Xehanort? I've got it! Ava took over a new body in Urd, something bad happens and she seals her heart inside of Xehanort and in order to get her out they have to revive Xehanort, thus both are back in the series. Hah! How's that for a insane theory?

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Everyone is going on about Braig being one of these guys, what if in reality it was Ava in a new body hanging with Xehanort? I've got it! Ava took over a new body in Urd, something bad happens and she seals her heart inside of Xehanort and in order to get her out they have to revive Xehanort, thus both are back in the series. Hah! How's that for a insane theory?
Nope. She's Bragi. Please keep up. He's got foxy hair.
I'm with you on the rest of the theory though.

EDIT: PS: Also, Braig's too young to be one of those guys! Unless he has the same self-care routine as Eraqus?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Nope. She's Bragi. Please keep up. He's got foxy hair.
I'm with you on the rest of the theory though.

EDIT: PS: Also, Braig's too young to be one of those guys! Unless he has the same self-care routine as Eraqus?
And the one to revive Xehanort/Ava will be Gula because everything leads back to him and everything bad in the KH universe is all his fault. Oooh Gula infuriates me with his Gulaness.

As for Braig, I don't think he'll be anyone with a Keyblade until KH3 when he gets No-Name. It just wouldn't add up with what Braig/Xigbar does.

blank points

Awards
Oh dang, all this Bragi is Braig/Luxu talk is giving me flashbacks to before Days was released, where everyone thought that Xion and Zexion would be connected simply because Zexion had the xion part in his name...

Honestly, I don't think any of these characters are going to be strongly connected to any present day characters. As someone pointed out earlier, Luxu's secret reports seem to confirm that he knew nothing of Xehanort during his youth. I am actually looking forward to see what effect these characters have on Xehanort. If anything, it would help build Xehanort up as the antithesis of Sora. Unlike Sora, whose connections with friends are his main source of power, Xehanort does not seem to share this opinion, considering his view of the darkness of being alone being a greater power. Especially seeing as Eraqus seems to be the only one he considered a true friend.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
If we're getting new characters, does that mean we're getting new character themes by Yoko Shimomura! I mean, we're not visiting any new areas in Dark Road so where else are we going to be hearing new Kingdom Hearts music for this game?

Awards
If we're getting new characters, does that mean we're getting new character themes by Yoko Shimomura! I mean, we're not visiting any new areas in Dark Road so where else are we going to be hearing new Kingdom Hearts music for this game?
None of the UX characters except Ven had character themes tho

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So I've been hearing some theories that Xehanort's name isn't is real one and that he was called something else in his youth

Was that ever implied from either Nomura or some secret report?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
So I've been hearing some theories that Xehanort's name isn't is real one and that he was called something else in his youth

Was it No Heart? Or was that like his Keyblade armor? I don't know all the info on Xehanorts name. Wouldn't it be funny if his real name was in fact Ansem?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Was it No Heart? Or was that like his Keyblade armor? I don't know all the info on Xehanorts name. Wouldn't it be funny if his real name was in fact Ansem?
Xehanort is an anagram for No Heart and Another. Though I always figured those were just coincidences.

If it turns out Xehanort wasn't his actual name I'm going to be so annoyed.

D

Deleted member 252753

Xehanort is an anagram for No Heart and Another. Though I always figured those were just coincidences.

If it turns out Xehanort wasn't his actual name I'm going to be so annoyed.
I know both those have been referenced in the games. No Heart is the name of the Xehanort's armour boss in the Mirage Arena in BBS, and Another was the password Xemnas puts into a computer in KH2FM, I think. I am pretty sure there has never been anything in the secret reports suggesting he had a name before Xehanort. I would be surprised and annoyed too if he does have a different name in this game. I know young Eraqus never says his name in the KH3 flashback but I would think that Eraqus would still use his old name if he later changed it to Xehanort like Axel and Saïx do with each other.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Being prepared for anything is key (lol) to Kingdom Hearts. This is the same series that pulled the "Not the real villain" twice with Xehanort. First with Ansem then with apprentice Xehanort/Terra.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Nope. Which means it's totally gonna happen and his real name will just so happen to be from Norse myth.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I mean when you think about it, what kinda parent would name their kid Xehanort? YX must've ended up ditching his old name at some point.
Hey, maybe it's a common name in the KHverse. Would explain why Mickey didn't react to it in KH2. :LOL:

Hell, I'm pretty sure Brain's a nickname too.
Turns out it's actually Brian, but he's dyslexic.

silentmusic16

It's pretty funny how like a majority of KH theories are "Character A is Character B" or "Reincarnation" theories, and the only time it turned out to be true was when Ansem wasn't really Ansem and when Braig turned out to be Luxu.

And iirc Braig being Luxu wasn't even one of those theories.

For what it's worth, reincarnation/character x is secretly y/etc. is a cat you can't put back into the bag once you've taken it out. Kinda like when you involve time travel in a plot. Once those things are confirmed - and it's exacerbated by the motif of trios, characters with secret connections to others, legit "clones" etc in Nobodies, - people are definitely going to rely on these things in theories.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I mean when you think about it, what kinda parent would name their kid Xehanort? YX must've ended up ditching his old name at some point.

Hell, I'm pretty sure Brain's a nickname too.

Xehanort sounds like a perfectly normal name in a fantasy universe. I don't find it any more bizarre or out of place than Ienzo or Aeleus, lol

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Oh wait... Bragi. Has a fur coat. Very strikingly different for a Kingdom Hearts character...

But we have seen a fur coat before in Kingdom Hearts, right? In Verum Rex, one of Yozora's allies has a hat and a similar fur coat concept. And both are reminescent of Final Fantasy XV's Ardyn, and the same character from Versus XIII...

And that character is theoretically the "Magi" that Rex mentioned (in relation to Donald) in the cut line from Toy Box. Goofy was also called "Aegis".

I think Hermod, Vor, Urd, and Bragi are going to end up as the leadway into the Yozora stuff while also giving Xehanort a reason to do what he did.

Back