• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Dark Road introduces new characters!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
You guys will be right eventually, I guess!
If Kairi's Grandmother was any past keyblade wielder I'm still gunning for Ava, lol
If any of them are alive, they'll be old farts like Xehanort.

Maybe Vor will finally turn out to be Kairi's grandma this time, if we're lucky.
Also if Scala still exists those four might have remained in that world.

It will be kind of sad once they find out Xehanort and Eraqus are dead

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah, there;s no need to change who the potential grandma is. It's still most likely Ava. Especially with that weird forgotten plot line about how they purposely didn't put Radiant Garden in the data, and that Kairi's grandma is the one that starts off the whole story in the first place.

It would've been neat if they put a little more funding into this project and it started off as 3D minature characters (ala Animal Crossing, modern computer and phones can handle that), but alas, it was not to be. Not that I mind, I think they're cute. But my heart always wishes for more.

Just wish they'd get to the point already.

sakonan7

Awards
Holy crap, I think Bragi is Luxu. His posture looks like Braig and Xigbar's. But he may not be him or may not be him yet because Luxu had to pass the No Name to Xehanort and that's easier to do if he's his master. Unless Luxu didn't pass it directly and just watched and made sure it happened as Bragi.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Holy crap, I think Bragi is Luxu. His posture looks like Braig and Xigbar's. But he may not be him or may not be him yet because Luxu had to pass the No Name to Xehanort and that's easier to do if he's his master. Unless Luxu didn't pass it directly and just watched and made sure it happened as Bragi.

He didn't. According to KH3's secret reports, Luxu passed No Name to one of the Union leaders and they continued the chain.

Ink Ribbon

Awards
Awesome! Finally something new! Really do love all the character designs. Here's hoping we get some interesting background info on all these newbies.

I'm in agreement with others on the Bragi/Braig/Luxu connection in some manner. Maybe Luxu is none of them and is just someone who befriends this group, though bonds more specifically with Bragi. Luxu eventually body hops and maybe reuses Bragi's name and/or mannerisms when he gets to OG Braig. Just going off of Bragi's design alone, he's got snarky little shit written all over him. Perhaps that kind of personality reminds Luxu of the MoM, thus why the two of them would bond easily. Knowing my success with guesses though, it's just a huge coincidence in the end and Nomura just wanted to stick with some Norse names lol. Regardless though, looking forward to seeing how this goes.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I do hope Eraqus and Xehanort's Master makes an actual appearance in Dark Road. That's the character I'm interested in the most

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Nomura Syndrome: the compulsive creating of new characters in an attempt to escape the pressure and work of having to develop and write the unseen journeys of previously established characters.

Since you brought it up, who would you suggest as companions for Xehanort and Eraqus? Or no one at all and just focus on these two?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 252753

Looking at Luxu's secret reports, especially 12 & 13, it seems unlikely that Luxu is anybody in Scala during Xehanort's training. He talks about not taking the stage until the 'chosen one' takes the Gazing Eye in hand and says he has been watching over events from a distance until his 'time to intervene', playing the role of a 'fool desirous of the Keyblade's power' so it really doesn't sound like Luxu was previously in proximity to Xehanort or his Keyblade. I guess it's a little ambiguous and previous secret reports have been contradicted but still I'd bet against any of them being Luxu.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Looking at Luxu's secret reports, especially 12 & 13, it seems unlikely that Luxu is anybody in Scala during Xehanort's training. He talks about not taking the stage until the 'chosen one' takes the Gazing Eye in hand and says he has been watching over events from a distance until his 'time to intervene', playing the role of a 'fool desirous of the Keyblade's power' so it really doesn't sound like Luxu was previously in proximity to Xehanort or his Keyblade. I guess it's a little ambiguous and previous secret reports have been contradicted but still I'd bet against any of them being Luxu.
Agreed. Everyone's so quick to say "Character X is secretly Character Y" but even in his original body, Luxu's role in the events he oversaw was virtually non-existent. He wouldn't have even appeared in χ[chi] had Ava not purposefully gone looking for him.

It's more likely that Luxu took over completely unremarkable people. Someone who wouldn't be missed or would be easy to blend in with. If Luxu is anyone in Dark Road, my money's on Nameless NPC #5

Awards
It's pretty funny how like a majority of KH theories are "Character A is Character B" or "Reincarnation" theories, and the only time it turned out to be true was when Ansem wasn't really Ansem and when Braig turned out to be Luxu.

And iirc Braig being Luxu wasn't even one of those theories.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'm interested in what their relationship with Xehanort is. They all must be dead or gone from the mind as neither Xehanort or Eraqus mentions them. Yen Sid doesn't either, and none of their names come up as options for one of Xehanort's 13 vessels, despite the power of time travel. If any of them were dipped in darkness I would think Xehanort would want them as a vessel.

Sometimes I feel like old man Xehanort and Young Xehanort are truly two different people.

palizinhas

Awards
Since you brought it up, who would you suggest as companions for Xehanort and Eraqus? Or no one at all and just focus on these two?
I'm ready to appreciate the new guys, but Union X's absolute lack of giving Skuld or Player anything interesting to do proves that too many characters divide the small amount of plot we get each month (if at all) too much. We probably would have been better off with just Xehanort and Eraqus. I'm tired of trios, but I would have accepted one new character. Four + their Master (assuming they all share one and there's not another) is too much when we already had two people to focus on.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Having multiple characters share the plot and spotlight isn't a bad thing per se and can be very fulfilling and entertaining just as having a general big cast can be.
With KH the problem is however that Nomura has proven to suck at handling this situation more than once.

It started already with the first Organisation in KH 2, got somewhat more overpainted by different formats in 358/2 Days and BBS then cemented by DDD reducing most of the major cast to cameos while still being better than former titles due to new cutscenes between worlds at least following other characters a bit more and finally made blatantly clear by KH III where most major characters apart from Sora exist mainly only for three things: being talked about for a few scenes, serving as exposition dump or being used as background props in the finale.

Granted, some also get recycled as additional boss battles, re-enact some scenes from the game they originally came from or have a few short scenes where they get to have some small dialogue which is mainly about either general plot stuff or teasing for future plot stuff, rarely about themselves as characters or their bonds with others.
Re:Mind then comes in and apparently needs a whole new Timeline to try and at least partly rectify this.

Zul

Awards
↑ Whatever they choose to do to handle the characters, please let it not be memory wipe, I despise that so much.

Back