• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Dark Road details revealed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
A console Xehanort game using KH3 assets could have also been done to appease other stuff fans were looking for in KH3: Disney boss fights. If Xehanort is still a good guy, he could have actually fought villains. Nomura could have even got Jungle Book into the game. I wouldn't expect the worlds Xehanort visits to be as big as KH3's own, but I just wish Xehanort actually got a real game. I don't know if Nomura is the one that chose a mobile game for Xehanort, but he should have been thinking in the long term. If he could make a Xehanort 0.2 type game a success, then maybe he could get a spinoff game for his love Yozora down the line. Even without much info or history with Yozora, I can imagine Nomura never giving Yozora the mobile game treatment and begging for a full console game which makes me sad.

I mean, I was with you until that last part. You seriously need to reel in your imagination when it comes to Yozora.

Foxycian

Awards
Well that’s underwhelming... but fans wanted to explore Xehanort origins for long time now so I can coop up with that.

disney233

Awards
Agrabah.....emblemed Heartless....more continuity thrown out the window? And if I had to guess, Agrabah'll just be a retelling of the first movie.........again. But hey, if that's so, people get a Snake Jafar fight......again.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Agrabah.....emblemed Heartless....more continuity thrown out the window? And if I had to guess, Agrabah'll just be a retelling of the first movie.........again. But hey, if that's so, people get a Snake Jafar fight......again.
Oh was there a Snake Jafar fight in one of these games? Jafar's been a boss in so many games I lost track. Which one did Snake Jafar appear in, may I ask? I think I might have missed that one XD

disney233

Awards
Oh was there a Snake Jafar fight in one of these games? Jafar's been a boss in so many games I lost track. Which one did Snake Jafar appear in, may I ask? I think I might have missed that one XD
Take a guess.

darknessofheart

Awards
ALADDIN: "Hey there Xehanort, Abu has gone missing again! Can you help me out and spend the next 300 or so chapters searching for him?"

Xehanort sighs.

XEHANORT: "Ah shit, here we go again!"

This will be Xehanort's breaking point into becoming a seeker of darkness.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Looks more like KHX meets Flick Rush.
The interface is very reminiscent of the system used by Yakuza Online.
χ[chi]'s combat was entirely automated and randomized, making it a very passive experience.
Mechanically this system is a lot closer to Uχ's model, but with more of an ATB-style flow rather than strict turn orders.

Xagzan

Awards
This has nothing to do with the game mechanics but is anyone else wondering why the Master bothered with the whole giving his keyblade and the eye to Luxu to pass down so he could see the future, if he can just travel there himself and be hanging out with young Xehanort?

darknessofheart

Awards
This has nothing to do with the game mechanics but is anyone else wondering why the Master bothered with the whole giving his keyblade and the eye to Luxu to pass down so he could see the future, if he can just travel there himself and be hanging out with young Xehanort?

I think he needed to know the future while in the past in order to write the BoP and ensure there was some type of control over the keyblade war's last phase. The book is what kept the Fortellers largely following their roles and ambitions because of the last page.

Afterwards, I think the MoM began to make strategic steps in the future to ensure that someone could overwrite the last page, which turned out to be Sora.

His meeting with Xehanort may have been one of those moves. After all, if it wasn't for Xehanort, none of the characters would've become heroes of light. Roxas, Xion, and Namine would have never existed, Sora and Riki wouldn't be welders, etc.

Soldier

Awards
*Looks at thread title*
Oh good! new info! hope it at least shows what the actual game will look like
*Reads previous posts*
..... What the HECK!
You've got to be kidding me?!?! Agrabah AGAIN!? and emblem heartless no doubt. Does anyone else remember when the heartless were a legitimate issue/threat and had an established lore on why they were there. They were the invasive species of the game, ruining the ecosystem with little opposition compared to their sheer numbers.
Now, they're just used as generic enemies when it would probably be more coherent to just use Disney armies like I suggested in another thread.
The reason for them being in this game better not be time travel, because that excuse is getting old. If it's just illusions like in COM, that MIGHT make things better.
And Agrabah, really? even some of the most stalwart defenders of that world being in the franchise on this forum are getting sick of it, and you know you've messed up when you do that.
Wasn't planning on purchasing it at first, now I definitely won't. Guess Nomura needs more pocket change
#Nomuragohome.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I hope they don't bring up that anxiety inducing luck based feature that happens when you tie with commands. I remember flicking like crazy to get three of a kind before the AI.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I'm gonna be honest... I think while it's fine to be disappointed, some of the reactions all around the internet like "Kingdom Hearts is ruined!" and "THIS IS THE WORST THING TO EVER HAPPEN!!!" are absolutely outta pocket lmao. Freaking out so much, even Chicken Little is like "damn bro chill." Let's all relax and eat some Sea Salt Ice Cream.

First off, I know it's cool to #BlameNomura for everything regarding KH, but let's not forget the interview he did not that long ago when the UX Team came to him with a "groundbreaking idea" which will become the "double feature". He didn't come up with it, they did. Proof:

In regards to KH scenarios, I wrapped up the story for Re Mind, as well as the two story quests for UX. All that is left is to finish the remaining two story quests. However, I have received another mysterious request... Let’s just say this request involves an unannounced 3rd story line for KH. Once I complete this mysterious request, I’ll complete the 2 remaining story quests for UX.
And once all of that is complete, the 3 story lines will ○○○○○○○……
Very intriguing, right?

Now that things have calmed down after the release of KH III, the KH Series has been growing with many more phases with many things in the horizon. Please continue to love and support KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ[Cross]!
The other day, some UX Staff members came to me for some shocking consultation. I think a revolution of change may fall upon UX.
The hint is “double-feature.”
Until next time!

Secondly, while it would've been great to have a full console game for Xehanort (and it's not impossible to get this in the future eventually), remember that Nomura himself said that he didn't have the time to do it, because the saga wouldn't end if he did. But with the Foretellers/Master of Masters coming to the forefront, Xehanort defeated, and Union X possibly reaching its climax with all the mysteries currently unfolding, it might really be important for us to know what exactly Xehanort saw that made him change.

What's the "quickest" (Iol not really when you look at UX BUT technically...) way to get the story out? A Union X-style mobile phone game. Dev time wouldn't be as strenuous as a fully-fledged AAA title, the art style and system is familiar so it's not requiring a huge overhaul (which is why it'll be in the UX game launcher), and despite what people say, we all DO care about the story very much. So when you consider what would be the most efficient, this makes a ton of sense. Everyone would love a 0.2/BBS style Xehanort game, but if our choices are either UX-style or nothing, at least we're getting something. Besides. When UX JP updates the story every month, it's a big discussion on KH Twitter. The fact that we have potentially TWO stories updating every month makes things a lot more active, so while it's not the A1 idea we all want, it's a lot better than silence from DDD to X[Chi] to BBS 0.2.

Thirdly, I'm interested in the premise of the battle system. On the left-side, it has something that reminds me of FFX's CBT (or Conditional Turned-Based Battle/Count Time Battle), where it shows the Act List and how many turns Xehanort and Eraqus have before the Enemy strikes. They've said it's more fast-paced, so this is most likely going to be less like UX where you just use all your medals in one turn and hope it's enough to defeat your enemy before they nail you on their turn, and more like a turn-based system with the cards either doing different attacks or having certain abilities attached to it (so one card does damage x0.5, one card could paralyze the enemy, meaning you gain an extra turn, and so on).

Dark_Road_1.png

show

What's interesting is that there's no HP bars for the enemy. Instead, there's a Heartless icon and BP icon with numerical values, a back button and an Info button... So there's most likely more to this new system than what we can see from one screenshot. Next to Xehanort's HP Icon, we see Status Boosts, three small icons with a space between the next three, so three might be for Xehanort and the other three for Eraqus. The more I'm looking at this, the more I think that there's definitely a lot of reworking done into this system, so I'm gonna remain optimistic! I'm digging it.

Also, you can see in the empty slot where the cards are held, the emblem for the Book of Prophecies is present. Maybe like the medals in Union X, the Book of Prophecies is granting them powers throughout this experience. As a matter of fact, it's strange how Eraqus and Xehanort even had an opportunity to explore the Age of Fairy Tales, because as far as we know through regular time-travelling means, that shouldn't be possible. There's that weird machine thing that was revealed in the latest UX update, and we saw that machine all the way back in KH1, but as far as we know... That machine was never finished (unless it eventually was?), so that might not be it either.

The only other idea I have is that the whole world tour is a projection itself, sort of like what was going on in UX, but in reverse. Young Xehanort and the Master of Masters are shown meeting in the ReMind trailer (YX was given the black coat by the MoM), and MoM seemed to know all about YX going on that journey. So it couldn't have been the first time they met. What if he was the one that allowed all this to happen, and that's why Emblem Heartless are showing up? Timeline-wise, they shouldn't exist. But if it's all a projection, it would make sense. The precedence is there.

Overall though, I think while it's natural to be disappointed, I think we should wait and see because there might actually be more to this than we know. Of course, it doesn't help that there's barely any information out, but they did say it's a standalone title, so there'd have to be reasons for this. If not, they could've just done what they did for the Keyblade War and make it a special event or something.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
CMIIW, but didn't they say UX will be shut down next year? And DR is part o UX? Does it mean both story will wrap up next year anyway?

yuyayuzu

Awards
well, I didnt expect much but still has a littlw hope for good gameplay or at least some action game and action mobile game do exist but okay. Never mind , they are not jusy good at creating decent mobile game anyways so I dont think I will even install this.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
CMIIW, but didn't they say UX will be shut down next year? And DR is part o UX? Does it mean both story will wrap up next year anyway?
No, they just detailed some of the months when the story anyone cares about will be updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back