• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Dark Road details revealed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OneDandelion

Awards
This right here completely contradicts your statement.
Unless, you know, he's misrepresenting the truth and those "new teams" are composed of the same people who were working on KH3 and KHUX. But when has SE or Nomura ever misrepresented the truth before?

I'm sure you're right. Some of the profits are definitely going into developing future KH games

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I am more of Team I Will Believe When I See It. A lot of things happen behind the scenes and nothing is promised so anything can go south easily.

Violet Pluto

Awards
Unless, you know, he's misrepresenting the truth and those "new teams" are composed of the same people who were working on KH3 and KHUX. But when has SE or Nomura ever misrepresented the truth before?

I'm sure you're right. Some of the profits are definitely going into developing future KH games
You may be right, however there is currently more proof for what Alpha Baymax said than for your assertion. Currently there is no reason to say that this is definitely what Nomura was talking about especially because in the original translation it said that there was something coming soon from the Union X team, which was obviously Dark Road and then said that there were two new teams and a new title coming.
We still need some time with regards to main line Kingdom Hearts, but first up the KH UX team will have a surprising announcement tomorrow. Aside from the KH3 and KH UX teams, we actually have two new teams in operation, and from them one title will be coming surprisingly soon.
Now, like you said this could be a lie; the future will tell if anything underhanded is happening, but I would like to wait and see first.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I've never thought the aesthetics of UX cheapened it, but the pacing has always been a real issue. And christ on a cracker, its Agrabah is the most Agrabah that ever Agrabahed.

Even with my rose-colored glasses on and the Follow-KH-off-a-Cliff blood oath at my breast, I can see why a lot of gamers aren't excited for this.

Being intrinsically linked with KHUX and #TeamWhale is not exactly inspiring a playthrough from me, personally. The way UX, in particular, has been told and rebranded and made into one of the worst projects of the HD collection is a very disjointed microcosm of some of the worst attributes the KH series posesses as a whole.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Does anyone know the likelihood of KHUX and Dark Road being turned into films like Back Cover? Was there ever a discussion by Nomura on why he chose to create Back Cover?

Honestly, I feel like KHUX and Dark Road having so much crucial main story information locked into a mobile game is a horrible idea. I thought Nomura learned from the complaints about multi-systems that the series suffered from before and when it seemingly was fixed... we have to deal with KHUX and Dark Road. I know that I can just YouTube videos or read up on the story, but shouldn't Nomura actually WANT us to play these games and have fun with them? Even if I were able to play KHUX or Dark Road, the one time I played KHUX on someone else's phone, I didn't have ANY fun at all playing it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Was there ever a discussion by Nomura on why he chose to create Back Cover?
I don’t believe so but it’s easy in retrospect to see why it became a movie. 2.8 acted as “everything you need to know going into KH3” so it did its job of telling the consumer who the Foretellers are, who MoM and Luxu are, and who Ephemer is.

Maybe closer to the release of the next game that requires knowledge of Union X they’ll make something that’s accessible outside of mobile audiences.

Last edited:

DraceEmpressa

Awards
Now wait a minute, are we forgetting about this statement by Nomura?

This right here completely contradicts your statement.
And we got DR now, which is like, both yes and no as a new game. Unless he meant a brand new game, legit on console? or the statement means "there will be new games to both console and mobile" ?

Violet Pluto

Awards
And we got DR now, which is like, both yes and no as a new game. Unless he meant a brand new game, legit on console? or the statement means "there will be new games to both console and mobile" ?
In his statement he mentions a new project by the KHUX team, but then also says that there are two new teams and projects being worked on besides the KH III team. Since Dark Road is headed by the KHUX team, if that was what he was talking about with the first statement that means there are two other projects that we don't know about be they videogames or something else.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I don’t believe so but it’s easy in retrospect to see why it became a movie. 2.8 acted as “everything you need to know going into KH3” so it did its job of telling the consumer who the Foretellers are, who MoM and Luxu are, and who Skuld is.

Maybe closer to the release of the next game that requires knowledge of Union X they’ll make something that’s accessible outside of mobile audiences.
Maybe they'll just make another one of those short YouTube videos we got reviewing the series close to KH3's release.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
In his statement he mentions a new project by the KHUX team, but then also says that there are two new teams and projects being worked on besides the KH III team. Since Dark Road is headed by the KHUX team, if that was what he was talking about with the first statement that means there are two other projects that we don't know about be they videogames or something else.
But didn't Nomura said KH3 wouldn't have anymore DLC bc the console game team already moved on and working on new game? So other than the UX/DR team, there's is also KH3 team that's already working on new game, and two other more projects? CMIIW?

Violet Pluto

Awards
But didn't Nomura said KH3 wouldn't have anymore DLC bc the console game team already moved on and working on new game? So other than the UX/DR team, there's is also KH3 team that's already working on new game, and two other more projects? CMIIW?
To be honest, I don't know. In the interview that I was quoting, he only mentions what can be assumed to be Dark Road and two new teams each heading up a project. If the main KH3 team is working on a game now, it could be that it is too early to say anything or that it is part of their non-KH duties. That's what I can guess but I don't have any concrete answers for why he didn't mention them in this interview.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The KINGDOM HEARTS III devteam, to the best of my memory, took a couple of days off and then they returned to continue development on the next KH title. It is also to the best of my memory that only a fraction of the KHIII dev team was used to develop Re:MIND. Meanwhile, the KHUnionCross devs pitched the Dark Road idea to Nomura, he liked it and now they're co-developing KHUx and DR. That leaves us with two other teams working on something KH related.

OneDandelion

Awards
The KINGDOM HEARTS III devteam, to the best of my memory, took a couple of days off and then they returned to continue development on the next KH title. It is also to the best of my memory that only a fraction of the KHIII dev team was used to develop Re:MIND. Meanwhile, the KHUnionCross devs pitched the Dark Road idea to Nomura, he liked it and now they're co-developing KHUx and DR. That leaves us with two other teams working on something KH related.
That's the optimistic take. Well, I hope you're right.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
That's the optimistic take. Well, I hope you're right.
I'd like to think that, even though it's been years since Square Enix approved mid-tier development projects, there's a possibility that Nomura pitched something akin to the Days/coded/BBS days where. Maybe we'll get KINGDOM HEARTS 3.5: Riku & Kairi Drop Distance? Birth by Sleep Vol. 2? Because if the main KH team is working on something and the KHUx team working on KHUx and Dark Road; what are the other two doing? I doubt it's anything Yozora because I think a Verum Rex game would be something Nomura want taken by a Business Division.

ComeGuardianSubmit

Gacha in anno domini 2020? Huge yikes.

Reminder that KHUX still hasn't answered any of its questions it dredged up years ago ahaha.

Are you ready for drip-feed monthly 5 minute textscenes that go nowhere? Because when KHDR "releases" in either April or August, that's all you'll be getting. Oh wait, thats all you're getting RIGHT NOW with KHUX, and DR is merely a continuation of that.

I know, it's nearly effortless cashgrab from SE but goddamn i wish the same devs doing the mobile crap could be used instead to produce some more KH3 content. I'd pay another $30 for additional character episodes and more post game content

Aqua’sLight

I’m actually excited! I’m not fan of the graphics and gameplay but we will explore scala properly this time 🙌

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back