• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts - Daraku

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emorene

Probably in (your local area), stalking you.
Note: All Final Fantasy, Disney, and Kingdom Hearts names, characters, references, etc. are property of their respective owners. This story is based off the Kingdom Hearts series, with original material tossed in.

I started this fanfic over a year ago, and in some ways, I admit it is quite dated. It is not my best writing, but I think it is still a nice attempt and worth sharing. Three central characters are originals, but the bulk of the characters here are from Final Fantasy and Disney.

Wayyyy back in the day (When you had to walk uphill to school, both ways, when there was 6 feet of snow on the ground), I was part of an RP called Organization XV. I did not really branch out past that RP, and I have not poked this place much since. I am saying this so that just in case you find me doing something very un-KH:Insider-y, you won't automatically kill me. I mean, I'm a little dusty on this forum's etiquitte.

Anyways, I will keep on posting the chapters to this if there is sufficient interest. I appreciate your reading of this, and I welcome any feedback/criticism/ramblings you might have to offer. I am considering writing a sequel to this eventually. :)

The first chapter is an original world, but do not fret! There will be Disney-themed worlds to come very soon.

So, I present to you, my not-that-awful first chaper...

NewBitmapImage.jpg

"Someday, we’ll get out of this place. Just the two of us."​

There was a shuffling of feet outside. This was their spot, their sanctuary, and yet others walked by blissfully unaware every lagging day. Exchanging a quick glance, the two silently reminded the each other to be completely still, for so long as they didn’t move or make a sound, they would go unnoticed. A boy and a girl, just into their teens, hiding inside a mere crevice of The City-- These ventures of their's were futile in a world such as this. It was difficult to tell if they were simply trying to escape the harshness of their own lives or if they themselves were the only ones actually living in this world.

"Let’s go, Kage." The girl extended her hand towards the boy, weakly managing a smile for him. He gave a nod, stretching his limbs dramatically. Their sanctuary was large, almost like a room built into The City. "Hey, Senka," he said, looking around, "When do you think the Green are going to find this place?" The "Green" were the military-like police force, omnipresent and notorious for their knack of skipping over ideas of mercy and proceed directly to brutality. If the Green should find out that there was a large empty space hidden a few feet below the busiest road in miles, they would do all they could to fill it in and take anyone that knew of it away. That’s how they worked; anything that involved too much freedom or a possibility of revolt had to be snuffed out.

Kage took hold of Senka’s hand, and the girl replied briefly, "Only as soon as one of us rat on the other!" Chuckling, she added while turning around, "They aren’t going to find out." Maybe she was right. Maybe she wasn’t. Kage was unsure of a lot of things, and Senka was one of them. She walked towards the spot where the light from above seeped through the crack in the makeshift ceiling. Positioned there was a small ladder that led up to several natural footholes, by use of which one could reach the surface with ease.

"I’ll go see if the coast is clear," Senka whispered, not giving Kage enough time to reply. She was half-way up the ladder by the time he realized that he would’ve rather himself checked than her. Once she made it to the footholes, she was out of sight. Kage simply stood there, arms folded helplessly in front of his chest. As time progressed, he steadily began to tap his foot on the hard earth, worried that something was wrong. Perhaps this would be the time when they were spotted. With the City’s irregular traffic hours--

"Are you coming, or what?" Kage hastily made his way up the ladder after hearing Senka’s voice. Looking up, he saw her above, as observant as ever. Back on solid ground again, Kage tried to brush the dirt off of his clothes. "Teaches me not to lay down in our spot again," he muttered, unable to remove the last clinging bits of filth. "You’re the genius that thought of doing that," Senka retorted, "I told you from the beginning to always stay standing. Doing anything else is just asking for it." Kage rolled his eyes and said, "Well, we’re 'just asking for it' if we stand here all day. Let’s go before anyone notices us."

Finally, something that they could both agree on. It was First Break, when most were still asleep and a minority were taking a break from their early morning work shifts. Because of their timing the streets were clear when they emerged from their sanctuary. There were occasional Green officers prowling about, but there were not any nearby at the moment. Kage and Senka had time to get back home. They lived just across the street from eachother, and they lately they had been daringly sneaking to their hiding spot during the First Break. Kage would finish his lunch early, go to his room, and cleverly sneak out through the window. Of course, he’d always have a dummy stationed in their beds, just in case.

"I sometimes get the feeling that there’s more out there than just this," Kage said out of nowhere, as they neared the street he lived on. Senka’s eyebrow raised slightly as she turned to look at him. "You alright?" She asked, not any more concerned than amused. "I think so," he replied, "But really, come on. We just live sixty more years in this dump and that’s it? What’s the point?" He had her there. Senka hastened her speed. She wasn’t the type that liked to think about the future, partly because it was something she didn’t think she had at all. Kage, however, was dissimilar; it wasn’t easy getting his head out of the clouds.

"See you tomorrow, then?" She asked, stopping in front of his house. For a moment, he didn’t know what to say. It was the same question that she always asked, yet he was becoming more and more hesitant with his reply each day. "Yeah," he answered after a while, "Tomorrow." Smiling, she turned and looked towards her own place. "Good. See you then!" Without another word, Senka ran across the street. Sighing, Kage made his way to the back of his house, inching his way towards where his window was. With just the right jump, he could grab hold of the window sill above.

Getting low to the ground, he gathered up his strength and- and he jumped, springing up into the air, just barely able to reach the window sill. But he did. He held on tightly, pulling himself up, and in one easy motion he threw himself inside of his room and onto his unmade bed. Heart racing, he turned back towards the window and shut it. Looking to the clock, a quick smile spread across his entire face- He still had about five minutes until his parents would check in on him. Ten minutes until he had to catch the Air-Bus. Fifteen minutes until the First Study/Second Work period of the day.

He pulled down the curtains and made his way back to the bed. Laying down, he closed his eyes and allowed himself to drift into sleep. "A scattered dream that’s like a far off memory..." Time slowed down, and he felt as if he was drifting into another body. Yet, really, he was still himself. There was another sanctuary, in addition to the precious whole in the ground, one that only existed in his dreams. Maybe he‘d go there now, or maybe not. Maybe he‘d go somewhere else. Somewhere far, far away. Somewhere where the pieces would be put together, his and her's. "A far off memory that’s like a scattered dream..." That's what it was. Not another body, just memories he hadn't yet gotten to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back