• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Compilation Pack Idea

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnum

I don't know if someone has already posted something similar to this but either way I don't really care and I'm posting this anyways. Criticize me all you want I don't care. In fact, I encourage it because it amuses me.

Anyways, I was thinking of a compilation pack of all the Kingdom Hearts game (KH1 to Re:coded). Except if it were me who was developing such a game, I would add new gameplay elements and extras to make it feel more fresh. Like the deck commands would be fun to have in KH1. I would also upgrade the KH1 Gummi Ship to a rail shooter style minigame, like in KH2. The features from Final Mix that never made it outside of Japan would be another fantastic addition. Making it multi-platform (doubt it if this would to ever happen) would make the KH series more accessible to newcomers and long-time fans alike. Other than that, I would keep it the same except for 358/2 Days and Re:coded they should upgrade the graphics.

Tell me what you guys think about my idea and perhaps even add to it with your ideas.

Last edited:

raycat27_2003

Awards
I think that it would be a pointless effort. There's really no way they could do ALL of the games on like one huge disk. Whatever system that would go on couldn't handle all that. Think about how much lag there would be. I also think that by adding the newer gameplay elements to some of the older games won't be as much fun, so I think they should be left alone.

Magnum

I think that it would be a pointless effort. There's really no way they could do ALL of the games on like one huge disk. Whatever system that would go on couldn't handle all that. Think about how much lag there would be. I also think that by adding the newer gameplay elements to some of the older games won't be as much fun, so I think they should be left alone.

Reasonable argument but I already got that all figured out. Making it multi-disc would solve the problem, one disc to hold the first couple games and another to hold the last few.

raycat27_2003

Awards
Reasonable argument but I already got that all figured out. Making it multi-disc would solve the problem, one disc to hold the first couple games and another to hold the last few.
Okay. I know you didn't mention this but, I can see this (if it does get made), being like $100-$150 and I'm a broke college student. There's absolutely no way ANYBODY would pay that price for a KH game let alone ALL of them that were released so far. People could go buy a used game console at Gamestop with that money.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
I'm not sure how I feel about a compilation disc. Yeah, it'd be nice for newcomers, but to me it sounds like playing KH1 and its rehashes X amount of times again. :v

I think that it would be a pointless effort. There's really no way they could do ALL of the games on like one huge disk. Whatever system that would go on couldn't handle all that.
KH doesn't really strike me as a "powerful" series; I'm sure they could pull it off.

Think about how much lag there would be.
Lag is online-related :v

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Actually with how little data each game is, all of Kingdom Hearts could fit on one dual layered blu-ray disk with space to spare and no lag at all.

On the topic, I'd rather have the PS2/PSP games on its own disk, and the two DS games buyable through the virtual marketplace. Or all of the Sony games on the PSN and the DS games and the GBA version of CoM on the virtual marketplace.

raycat27_2003

Awards
Okay, I didn't know what else to call it, but I mean the wait-time between cutscenes. I think they should rerelease the 1st three games (KH1, ReCom and KH2) and just remaster them, kinda like what Sony did with the Sly Collection.

axel95

Awards
Okay, I didn't know what else to call it, but I mean the wait-time between cutscenes. I think they should rerelease the 1st three games (KH1, ReCom and KH2) and just remaster them, kinda like what Sony did with the Sly Collection.
This! But instead of having KH1&2 make it KH1FM&2FM. Do that, and I would definately shell out 60-100 bucks for it.
You can call the wait time in between cutscenes lag, because that's what it is. Lag is not just for online.

Magnum

This! But instead of having KH1&2 make it KH1FM&2FM. Do that, and I would definately shell out 60-100 bucks for it.
You can call the wait time in between cutscenes lag, because that's what it is. Lag is not just for online.

I already proposed that idea.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
You know, I think Nomura and his team should only consider doing a compilation of the Xehanort Saga only AFTER the whole series is completely, 100% finished. However long THAT will be, I don't know. But this way, it'll give everyone a chance to have some more time to buy one of the new systems. Sadly, though, I don't know how far off the end of the series is. So I think, if it comes to when the PS4 or even the PS5 is released, they might be even MORE expensive than buying a PS3. Multiplatform, perhaps?
In the end, it all comes down to the demand and how ambitious Nomura and his team are. Do I think we'll get a compilation set soon?
No.
But I'm sure that they eventually WILL release one. If this series ends, I mean. I think Nomura said it wouldn't go on forever like FF, but there will be another saga, at least.

KHHacker6595

On the 10th anniversary of Kingdom Hearts, which is next year, Square Enix should release Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories, and Kingdom Hearts II in an HD PS3 Compilation that includes bonus content, and a teaser for Kingdom Hearts III. Thats all it needs to be

Digidude111

On the 10th anniversary of Kingdom Hearts, which is next year, Square Enix should release Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories, and Kingdom Hearts II in an HD PS3 Compilation that includes bonus content, and a teaser for Kingdom Hearts III. Thats all it needs to be

This. Then I can get rid of my old PS2 since then I can just play all of my favorite PS2 games on the PS3. I'm sure Square could do it, putting the time into it with a schedule is the only problem. They have WAY to many other projects to worry about a Kingdom Hearts PS3 collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back