• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts collection for ps5 (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
Do you think they will ever port the games to ps5, KH bbs-kh3? I mean they can't stay on ps4 forever, (speaking strictly as a console gamer, and I consider portable systems consoles, phones don't count, I even consider pc a console) I mean, yeah, it's backwards compatible, but if they did, they could put everything on disk (well I don't mean all on one disk, I mean the same amount of disk) including Remind, the NS was a bust, pc is ok, unfortunately I do not have a pc capable of playing games, happy for those that do though, I just want the games to stay up to date. what are your thoughts?

Last edited:

andreverts

Awards
The collections have already been released both on PS3 and PS4, it can't be excluded. Maybe an all-in-one reprint around the time that KH4 will arrive.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I hope the PS5 port will include the ReMind content with KH3, that's been my hope ever since PS5 released. I'm sort of glad for ports because it's a way for DLC to be retroactively included on the disc in future releases.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I hope the PS5 port will include the ReMind content with KH3, that's been my hope ever since PS5 released. I'm sort of glad for ports because it's a way for DLC to be retroactively included on the disc in future releases.
I also hope it has all the things the pc does. (I mean the settings they added to the pc, not the mods, even though that would be cool, it's rare to see mods on systems like the PlayStation's and Xboxes, and as much as NO ONE wants to hear about them the Nintendo switch "ports" had the settings, so there's no reason the ps5 can't have those settings, you're probably wondering why I'm hoping for that, I like to experiment with settings, I do it to my tv all the time.)

andreverts

Awards
That would be a neat feature!
The Nintendo games have the settings options because they're actually the PC versions streamed through the cloud service

vaderskywalker

Awards
That would be a neat feature!
The Nintendo games have the settings options because they're actually the PC versions streamed through the cloud service
Oh, that might be a problem then, I thought they were the ps4 versions with a slight update.

AegisXIII

Awards
A re-release is unlikely without any new feature.
It could go from a playable versions of days/re-coded to a full remaster of all the games in unreal engine.
For KH3, integrating remind and melody of memory would allow them to release a final mix.
To be honest, I believe it will happen as the development cost wouldn't be too hard and it would bring a new wave of players. The next remasters are most likely gonna be there to promote KH4.

vaderskywalker

Awards
It could go from a playable versions of days/re-coded to a full remaster of all the games in unreal engine.
That is unlikely, because then those would be remakes, not remasters, I mean remakes aren't impossible, but for a collection of games all at once, yeah no its easier to do that one game at a time.

Last edited:

AegisXIII

Awards
That is unlikely, because then those would be remakes, not remasters, I mean remakes aren't impossible, but for a collection of games all at once, yeah no its easier to do that one game at a time.
Agreed. Althouth the spyro team managed to do all three games at once. But I agree, it would be a nearly impossible task.
Then they could split 1.5 and 2.5 again and release them with a one year gap (not the move I would recommend though).

vaderskywalker

Awards
Agreed. Althouth the spyro team managed to do all three games at once. But I agree, it would be a nearly impossible task.
Then they could split 1.5 and 2.5 again and release them with a one year gap (not the move I would recommend though).
The thing with that is the ps1 games were a lot smaller than a ps2 or ps3 or ps4 game, and any time there was a big game on the ps1, it had to be multiple discs, so three ps1 Spyro games were kind of easy, compared to something like the original FF7, also technically those are remasters because they still feel the same as the ps1 games, just with better graphics.

Last edited:

AegisXIII

Awards
The thing with that is the ps1 games were a lot smaller than a ps2 or ps3 or ps4 game, and any time there was a big game on the ps1, it had to be multiple discs, so three ps1 Spyro games were kind of easy, compared to something like the original FF7, also technically those are remasters because they still feel the same as the ps1 games, just with better graphics.
I am pretty sure a days and re:coded remake wouldn't take that long to make. Look at memory of melody. It was developed pretty quickly because assets and the engine were already there. What takes time when making a game is to develop the workflow to make it. Once it's there (engine + assets), moving on with the gameplay is pretty straightforward. Not to mention that all cutscenes already exist, so that's time they can save.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I am pretty sure a days and re:coded remake wouldn't take that long to make. Look at memory of melody. It was developed pretty quickly because assets and the engine were already there. What takes time when making a game is to develop the workflow to make it. Once it's there (engine + assets), moving on with the gameplay is pretty straightforward. Not to mention that all cutscenes already exist, so that's time they can save.
That's another thing, to match up with the cutscenes they would need to go back to the old graphics, not against it, I just don't see them doing that.

AegisXIII

Awards
That's another thing, to match up with the cutscenes they would need to go back to the old graphics, not against it, I just don't see them doing that.
I was more thinking about what they are doing with crisis core. All the animation files are there (they are the one that take a long time to produce).
Just switch the models with the new assets and that's it (more or less).
To be honest, there is very little chance for this to happen, but I cannot believe that they are making KH4 without thinking about the fact that if they want to increase their public, they need to make all entries as accessible as possible. Remaking the old games bring very little money but bring the public towards the next entry. And since they decided that you cannot skip a single entry if you want to understand the story, they need to constantly update the past.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I was more thinking about what they are doing with crisis core. All the animation files are there (they are the one that take a long time to produce).
Just switch the models with the new assets and that's it (more or less).
To be honest, there is very little chance for this to happen, but I cannot believe that they are making KH4 without thinking about the fact that if they want to increase their public, they need to make all entries as accessible as possible. Remaking the old games bring very little money but bring the public towards the next entry. And since they decided that you cannot skip a single entry if you want to understand the story, they need to constantly update the past.
Fair enough.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Okay, I just found out that FF7 remake is on only one disc for ps5, so just out of curiosity, would they be able to put them all on one disc?

AegisXIII

Awards
Okay, I just found out that FF7 remake is on only one disc for ps5, so just out of curiosity, would they be able to put them all on one disc?
That's an interesting question.
PS5 can read 4k blu ray, which go to 100gb while regular blu ray used by the ps4 could go up to 50gb.
Then, the PS5 has a new compression system which makes wonder. I think ff7remake intergrade is 10GB smaller than the PS4 version.

The problem would come from games that have prerecorded cutscenes saved as videos, which take much more space than regular in-engine animations. This is the case for re:com, days, re:coded, X-back-cover and KH1-theater-mode. Fun fact (not that fun actually), the theater mode of KH1 takes 10GB, while the entire KH1 game is around 4GB. See the absurdity here? And why did they do it this way? Because they lost the source code of KH1 and cannot modify it like they want to add a simple theater mode.
Knowing that 1.5+2.5 is around 60GB, 2.8 is 39GB, it might be possible. But if we want playable days and re:coded, then we are screwed.

vaderskywalker

Awards
That's an interesting question.
PS5 can read 4k blu ray, which go to 100gb while regular blu ray used by the ps4 could go up to 50gb.
Then, the PS5 has a new compression system which makes wonder. I think ff7remake intergrade is 10GB smaller than the PS4 version.

The problem would come from games that have prerecorded cutscenes saved as videos, which take much more space than regular in-engine animations. This is the case for re:com, days, re:coded, X-back-cover and KH1-theater-mode. Fun fact (not that fun actually), the theater mode of KH1 takes 10GB, while the entire KH1 game is around 4GB. See the absurdity here? And why did they do it this way? Because they lost the source code of KH1 and cannot modify it like they want to add a simple theater mode.
Knowing that 1.5+2.5 is around 60GB, 2.8 is 39GB, it might be possible. But if we want playable days and re:coded, then we are screwed.
What about KH3, how many GB is that?

Back